Hello Everyone!

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Asia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello Everyone!

Post by Asia »

I just created an account here because I recently took ownership of a 16 month old Chow and I love her to pieces!! Asia came upon my boyfriend and I unexpectedly but I couldn't have made a better choice about bringing her home. Asia's previous owner fell through her attic and was electrocuted and killed in Tulsa, Oklahoma (where I live as well.) Her air conditioning unit was leaking and causing a big mess in her attic. She was showing a technician the situation and slipped in the water puddle. As she grabbed for something, she took into her hand an exposed wire and fell through. Asia and her 9 other furry brothers and sisters watched the whole thing. Jason and I were browsing Craigslist on one lazy saturday and ran accross her picture and knew that we needed to go see her! She was the most beautiful dog I had ever seen and after hearing her story, it was no time until she was in the car with us back to the apartment!

Here's a picture of her! Nice to meet everyone :D
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by CoraP. »

Hello and welcome! Asia is so beautiful!! What a sad story how she lost her owner. I'd love to see more pictures and hear about how she is adjusting to life with you and your boyfriend!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Asia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Asia »

For the longest time, she never got up unless we picked her up. She seriously just layed there for like a week! I felt so bad for her!! But I think she's happier now...we try and spoil her in every way we can! I finally got a happy picture of her about two weeks after we brought her home :D

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

That is incredibly sad. I am glad you took her in and are showing her lots of love. Chows are like elephants, they never forget so change can be hard for them. I am sure she will be in mourning for a while. Poor thing.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Poor Asia is probably still in mourning. It may take some time before she fully comes around but it sounds like she is starting to warm up to you. Have patience with her while she sorts out the changes in her life. Take advantage of this site to learn all about Chows, ask questions, and get help when needed.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Well she is cute!

Strange how we get our new fur kids.... (cough cough)

Love the t-shirt photo.

Oh, welcome!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Asia is beautiful and I'm sure shes still mourning the loss of her Mom. Thats one sad story!
Its great you got her and shes got a nice new home! Were all the other dogs the woman owned Chows as well ?
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

It sounds like Asia is coming around. It will take time, but I'm sure you'll be so glad you took her in.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand