West Coast, Two chows, 3 yrs old need a new home

All listings for Chow Chows that need a home.

Moderator: chowadmin

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

West Coast, Two chows, 3 yrs old need a new home

Postby sit_by_the_beach » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:03 pm

KARIN &
chowMIKKI

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: West Coast, Two chows, 3 yrs old need a new home

Postby sit_by_the_beach » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm

I can't remember how to edit
Video of the two chows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYJJDg ... e=youtu.be
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

usreyk0a
Rank 0
Rank 0

Postby usreyk0a » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:24 am

I want to adopt them i lost mine last month. She suddenly passed away. But im miles away. :(

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby sit_by_the_beach » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:09 am

I don't know if the two are still available for adoption. Find out here:
https://www.facebook.com/ChowChowRescue ... =3&theater
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby Juniper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Good Luck with this Chows Plus organization--I LIVE in Sacramento, my chows have the run of the house; have a 4800 sq. foot backyard in one home that even has double fencing 6-7 foot high and about 1000 sq. foot backyard with 6-7 foot fence in my other home and one chow friendly cat who loved my Sheena and likes all dogs. I emailed my interest on May 25, 2017 for a chow that was cat friendly and filled out an application with Chows Plus and they totally ignored me, with no response! I've had nothing but trouble trying to adopt from a chow rescue organization. With all my experience for 12.5 years and 3 chows-I'm pretty fed up with these rescues. I'm starting to think they don't want to find homes for them and prefer that they are homeless.

I'm sure they are still up for adoption-I'm about ready to adopt another breed from the animal shelter since the chow organizations have arrangements with rescues in CA to scoop up all chow chows before I can get one. It's just not fair! I've seen chows still up for adoption after 2 years in California stuck in foster homes! Even traveled 400 miles south to no avail. :evil:
Jennifer & Sheena

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby sit_by_the_beach » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 pm

I live in in eastern Canada and have had a similar experience. No rescue would want me to adopt any dog because I didn't have 'dog' experience, cats only. I then found an ad on a bulletin board outside a pet supply store. A chow chow was in need of a new home. It was a private arrangement and Luna chow chow was mine, for 11 years. She's had several health issues and we had her euthanized. She could no longer walk which was the worst thing to happen to a dignified chow.
I missed Luna so much I needed another chow. Months later I came across a tiny ad in kijiji.ca the equivalent to Craigslist. The family had to give up their chow Mikki due to frequent travel. Their twin daughters were both in the olympic gymnastics team. Again, private adoption. No house inspection, the family just wanted to see vet papers of my previous chow, my yard which is fenced. 5 minutes later, I had the most beautiful, sweetest chow girl. That was 2006. Mikki died in 2014 of a tumour in her mouth.
Long story, I know, just wanted to let others know not to give up. Search the whole continent and you will find your chow. I was lucky and had 2 wonderful chow girls.
If you are still searching, go on Facebook and search for New York chows and there are quite a few reputable chow rescues in California and Texas. Good luck.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Return to “Chow Chows That Need A Home”