RESCUED ! Chow boy stranded at LAX, can fly - Needs HOME or rescue now !

All listings for Chow Chows that need a home.

Moderator: chowadmin

kathleen
Rank 0
Rank 0

RESCUED ! Chow boy stranded at LAX, can fly - Needs HOME or rescue now !

Postby kathleen » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:58 pm

This dog was RESCUED ! Friendly Chow boy is currently at LAX Boarding Facility.. Owner critical can not take him, family doesn't want him..He needs a home or rescue NOW or he will go to the shelter.. United Airlines will fly him to new home or rescue.. Getting more pictures and more information... Can anyone help him.. ???

The owner and dog on United Flight, Owner had a medical emergency. He is no longer able to
care for him. The family in Chicago doesn't want the poor guy..

He was scared the first day we had him. He was picked up from United Pet
Safe on October 27, 2016. We have not had any issues with him and he is very friendly. He enjoys being with people, wagging his tail, and getting pet. He needs grooming.

LAX Chow boy needs adopt-rescue.jpg
Chow boy, has air tix, needs adopter or rescue.
LAX Chow boy needs adopt-rescue.jpg (52.44 KiB) Viewed 701 times

CONTACTS: Blake Donovan, Founder
ResQPet Dog Rescue
818 298-1464
resqpet_resqpet@yahoo.com
or
adoptachowla@gmail.com

There are at least 2 more pics of him, he's a doll ! sorry i cant get them to upload here.
Last edited by kathleen on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhuyos mom

Re: Chow boy stranded at LAX, can fly - Needs HOME or rescue now !

Postby Zhuyos mom » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Please clarify. Has this boy been "rescued" by a local rescue now and simply needs a forever home. Or, does this boy still need one or the other. Your post is a little confusing since the two contacts are rescues. Also, would be good to share if he has been temperament tested (i.e. is he good with other dogs? Does he get along with cats? Does he have a high prey drive?), has he been fixed and what is his age. Thank you.

kathleen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Postby kathleen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:39 pm

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for mentioning my post needs clarification !
Clarifying: this dog is not rescued. as i understand it, he has been abandoned at the airport. his person he was travelling with on the plane got very ill, and cannot care for this dog, their family will not be helping this dog in any way. so the dog is abandoned.

the rescue is the contact, b.c the airline reached out to area rescues to ask their help to get this abandoned dog into good hands, so this rescue mentioned as the contact in this post, is trying to find a good home for this abandoned dog. otherwise the dog's option will be to get put into a local shelter, high euth, very crowded, and not much chance that this dog will live long in shelter.

Far as i know, no one has temp tested him, but he likes all the people he has met at the airport.

It is the airline who offered to fly this dog, at no charge, to a good home, if he needs a flight. That is great of them to offer that.

Thank you again for your reply !

Zhuyos mom

Postby Zhuyos mom » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:50 pm

kathleen wrote:Thank you for your reply, and thank you for mentioning my post needs clarification !
Clarifying: this dog is not rescued.... the rescue is the contact, b.c the airline reached out to area rescues to ask their help to get this abandoned dog into good hands, so this rescue mentioned as the contact in this post, is trying to find a good home for this abandoned dog. otherwise the dog's option will be to get put into a local shelter, high euth, very crowded, and not much chance that this dog will live long in shelter.

Thank you for responding and advocating for this guy, Kathleen. Sorry to ask you more questions. Where is he right now? He can't be at the airport still, correct? I am asking because both the contacts you've listed a chow specific rescues in SoCal. Before I approach a couple of rescues here in Northern California, I just need to make sure he is not already/or has been placed in rescue.

kathleen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Postby kathleen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:28 pm

well, i think its best to contact the SoCalif rescues who agreed to have their contact info put here, and ask them. no one at the airlines is qualified to screen adopters, so the airline reached out to the socalif Chow rescue ppl. i'm glad the airline did.
i share Chows who need adopters, so that's why i put this post here, but i am not a rescue and not with these Socalif rescues, allthough i see them work hard to save Chows lives, tirelessly, for many years.
So please contact the Socalif rescue ppl who want to help this dog, they are the best ppl to answer your questions. Thank You !

kathleen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Postby kathleen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:30 pm

the Norcal and Socal Chow rescue ppl likely know each other, it is no problem at all to contact the Socalif rescue ppl, they agreed to be the contact for this dog in LA, CA area. So yes, please do contact them !

Zhuyos mom

Re: RESCUED ! Chow boy stranded at LAX.

Postby Zhuyos mom » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:12 am

Thanks for the follow-ups. I found a thread on the above listed rescue's Facebook page which indicated he is safe and was rescued by Chaps Chow Rescue in Georgia. If anyone is interested in adopting this fellow, please contact Chaps Chow Rescue. Their email address is chapsrescue@gmail.com

kathleen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: RESCUED ! Chow boy stranded at LAX, can fly - Needs HOME or rescue now !

Postby kathleen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:27 am

Great ! Thank you !

ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: RESCUED ! Chow boy stranded at LAX, can fly - Needs HOME or rescue now !

Postby ski » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Great news!!! Glad to hear he is in a good place

Return to “Chow Chows That Need A Home”