Could you make it?

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Could you make it?

Post by Auddymay »

I would like to suggest a Mid-West Chowfest location and date. I would like some feedback, and honest opinions if you can make it. If it is a no-go, reasons why would be appreciated as well, along with alternative suggestions.

Holland, Michigan May 17 & 18
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Could you make it?

Post by vicster605 »

Its only 16 hr and 12 mins for us Auddymay......I would love to see Michigan though!!!
Geez with the price of gas I could probably go on a Cruise for the same price #-o

Thanks Sweetpea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

We can have another further east, west or south, this was just a thought. We have over half a dozen members in west michigan, even more in eastern Michigan, AKA the Detroit area, several around Chicago, several in Indiana, Illinois proper, and Ohio. Most could make Holland without too long a drive. The park there is open to all, and Lake Michigan and Holland State Park is just a mile up the road. There are also several chow, I mean, dog friendly Hotels in the area. As I said, it is all open to discussion, nothing has been decided.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Auddy,

Holland is certainly doable for us. What park are you refering to? A dog park? What facilities are there? Is there a website I could look at?
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Here is a camping link http://www.michigan.org/travel/lodging/ ... 3149&m=6;1

Something I did not realize, is that The Ottawa Co Fairgrounds, where the dog park is, also has camping available for $18 a night. 20 amp hook ups, some with water, and bathroom and dump facilities. I only use the dogpark. Next time I am there I will have a look around and see what is what. Holland State Park, just up the road, allows dogs in the park, but not on the beach. http://www.midnrreservations.com/campgrounds/search.cfm The only place you can have a dog on Lake Michigan beaches is in Muskegon at the old Bronson park. Krause Park, now. It is just south of the Ovals, if anyone knows the lay of the land. If you want to do a camping Chowfest, we may want to push it back a few weeks, because Michigan can be chilly in May. For those not into camping there are 3 hotels in town that allow dogs.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I can't :(

My sister is getting married on the 17th.
ImageImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Not to worry, like I said, nothing is written in stone, and there hasn't been much feedback yet. I await other suggestions for dates and places from fellow mid-westerners.
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

sigh. I need to make more money so me and Sid can fly to all these events!! :)
chris

Post by chris »

You know I'm in!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Hiya Chris! Missed you around, GF! I won't speak for the Harris's, but it's their hometown, I think they can make it as well. If anyone wants to camp, I'd move it into June though. Day temps are fine, it's those overnight temperatures that are chilly.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Auddy,

Camping is not my thing, so that is not factor for us. (I think camping is when you stay at the Motel 6 instead of the Hyatt).
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Depending on the Motel 6, you may find camping has more luxuries...lol. I don't mind cheaper motels if they are clean, but luxury hotels do seem much more fun!
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

If we can make it to this one, Holland would only be about a 5 or 6 hour drive. My husband wants to camp but I don't know. Princess is a chewer, we don't use crates so I don't know about them in a tent. But if we can afford the drive at the date you pick, we'll go.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

OMG in our back yard, we will have a large group from our pack there! Let us know if you need us to do a drive by or anything else.

Larry
Debs chow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Debs chow »

That weekend we could make it. it happens to be one of our off racing weekends so let us know.

Al & Deb
Al&Deb
Cheyenne
chris

Post by chris »

Auddy and I were discussing Midwest Chowfest again. We were thinkign the weekend of the 20-22nd of June. Lets set it up!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I think Michigan is too far for us. :( I know you'll ahve an amazing time.

I really, really can't wait to meet you all. I wish we could have gone last year. It was so awful that we couldn't make it. I'm going to be sad about that forever. Btw, hubby is STILL at that job, he hasn't found abything better. :( :(
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Hopefully, we can have another in Cleveland in the fall months. I would love to go back to the beautiful Chagrin river, and I bet it is stunning in fall colors! I think that would be just the ticket for our Sharon too, get her out of her funk and hosting the Mid-West Chowfest, Fall Edition! If it all works out, maybe, just maybe we will all meet then!
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

I think I can make it! It wouldn't be that far from Chicago. Sophie and Ty would love to come play (Okay, so Ty might grouch a bit, but Sophie loves to run around with her Chow friends.)