Southern Chow Fest 2008??

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Southern Chow Fest 2008??

Post by Larry Harris »

Road Trip! Have to check map quest. We need a vacation this is a great reason. Just don't' tell Terrina, I m just going to have her get in the truck with a few Chows and she will not know what's up until we are way down south :lol:

Larry
chowwoman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowwoman »

OMGosh! Image Did you chow really eat those!!!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Gwrol isn't my chow. He's Bubba's chow. I'm pretty sure he ate them and then afterwhich he rolled on them. That's the photo, of him rolling on his crawdads. It was Bubba and Gwrol's first get-a-away trip. I love the story and kept photos from their album.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Chow Fest in Nawlins? Sounds like trouble in the making to me :lol: ! Can we line up chow sitters and have a 'hand grenade' (drink) on Bourbon Street? 8)
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

fuel is $3.21 in dover today .. i do have high milage machine availble , a 79 MGB , however if i travel such a distance to Louisana better take my wife who mis from louisana , lady the tennesee woods rescue girl , mr mimsey the cat[ can not leave mih alone] , consider 500 miles in an MGB with a big chow panting , a big herder girl , panting, a cat , Yowling , and my wife [ Panting?] here is a pic of an MG , not mine rather how i wished it looked ,, . i suppose a better way to calculate would be passanger miles/gallon or ton miles /gallon , in which case the inline 6 bronco is the way to go ..
actuall rolled in the mudbugs first, sweet smelling to a chow, he might eat some if i peeled them but they are ever so much nicer to roll in, as i recall they was when we wnnt to mardiPaw in Shreveport ..now i see that an outfit down in NO has trade marked that..

http://www.mardipaws.com/

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... -bite.html
Attachments
inca_Yellow_mgb.jpg
inca_Yellow_mgb.jpg (8.63 KiB) Viewed 7843 times
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Southern Chowfest?? Last time it was in Bama. Are we going to have one? Not sure where everyone lives but I know we have some in Georgia, Sandy in Tenn, Vicki in La...any ideas on the best place?
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

SEE ROCK CITY
i can do that ....
http://www.ohiobarns.com/otherbarns/roci/rcb_barns_.htm

Take an unforgettable journey high atop Lookout Mountain with your pet! Enjoy the quiet woodland paths and gardens together. Discover ancient rock formations. Explore the 400 species of plants, flowers and shrubs. Each step is a discovery for you and your pet!

http://www.waltlockley.com/rockcity/rockcity.htm

http://www.seerockcity.com/Flash/pets.htm
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Any plams for Southern Chowfest?

Jess
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Hey chowfriends!!!!

I read this post and got so excited!!! I wish I could host the Southern Chow Fest again, but we are
going to be moving, so I can't.
Yep....our house will go on the market after we complete the
remodeling and sprucing up! Hmmm, fixing it up to sell it...isn't that the way it goes? :shock:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Vicster are you going to host a Chowfest? Can I stay in the poolhouse? :lol: I have new puppies that are going to need some socializing! :lol: I could go for some cajun cookin too! \:D/
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Laura,

Now, you done it! If you go a talkin' 'bout drinking "hand grenades" on the internet....Janet Reno may bounce
back from retirement over to your place...guns a-blazin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

lol Sher I just can't go to Nawlins w/out having just one Hand Grenade :lol: it's tradition!
Would love to have a southern Chowfest. I'm so jealous reading about all of the others! We would have to wait til late/mid Fall though...too dang hot now!
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

HI! I want in on the action too! It's been a while since I have been active on here, but definitely had an awesome time at last years Chowfest and would love an excuse to see everyone again and catch up!!!! I'll be watching to see when it is and hopefully I can be there! :D

Missi and Naomi
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

Well this thread kinda died.........any news on a chow fest?????

Barb
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

I am right outside Tampa!!
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

Jonathan, Missy and all Southerners,

Vicki has too much going on to handle a Southern Chow Fest at this time. And we've got family obligations too and no dog parks. Is anyone else able to find a fenced dog park where we can get together sometime in October when it will hopefully be a little cooler? We had such a great time at Bama's last year and would enjoy meeting more of you.

Nita
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

If I can get some stuff done at the farm I may host one next fall. People can camp and there are hotels maybe 5 miles away. Gotta get some fencing done though. There is a state park a mile or two down the road also.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I don't know of any fenced dog parks here...maybe Sher does or Naomi's mom? Any in the Atlanta area or elsewhere? We're all so split up down here.
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

Well, Disney now has a fenced dog park at Ft Wilderness campgrounds. And there is also one in Seffner, FL right outside Tampa... http://www.standardpoodlesusa.com/seffner-dog-park.html

Just a thought

Barb :)
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

I work for Disney, we have no breed restrictions there!!!! For anyone not wanting to camp, they do have cabins, the only problem is they don't allow pets in the there. September is not a good time there though, free dining plan and everything is sold out but Oct/Nov should be good!!!

Barb :)
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

How far is everyone willing to drive? For us about 6 to 7 hours would be the limit. How about somewhere like Mobile, Alabama; Pensacola, or further east in the Florida panhandle? I was looking for some dog parks on the internet yesterday but it's hard to know what they're like without visiting them. Is anyone familiar with some dog parks along this path?

Nita
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Tampa is too far for me to drive. I could do Mobile or parts of the Panhandle or even New Orleans. Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Dothan, etc. I don't know where everyone is. It seems the 'southerners' are split from Texas to deep Florida and up who knows how far...Tenn, SC, NC, etc. Sounds like we need two different southern Chow Fests. :?
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Lets see, Nita, myself, Laura, Sam, Jerryo, Missi are all closer to Pensacola part of Fla. than Disney which would be a 12plus drive for Nita and myself so Disney is out for me and probably Nita and I'm sure a few others that I mentioned.
These links in Ms.....not sure where they are but Ms is a large state and could also be a long haul for and nobody to check them out.......unless someone knows about them???
Mobile would be fine with me....are their any good spots over there Laura??? What about Pensacola any place that allows dogs on those beautiful beaches??? Thats a 4 hr drive for me and Nita not sure how far for anyone else would be fun if they would allow us to bring our Chows.

Thanks Sweetpea!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I can be anywhere from New Orleans to Panama City in 4-5 hours. (anywhere along the pandhandle)
I know nothing about Ms whatsoever. I also don't know anything about the dog friendliness of the 'beach' towns but I do know hotel rates are alot cheaper in the 'off season'. I guess if we had it where no one actually lived we would just get on the phone and the internet and wing it. Find hotels we could all stay at and then nearby parks that allowed dogs. It doesn't have to be anything extremely organized or over done IMO. Dog friendly hotel..dog friendly/safe park...some coolers with munchies n stuff and we're all set. The first to arrive could check out a couple of nearby parks and pick something suitable.
sitze-gou
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sitze-gou »

Just a suggestion... both Red Roof Inns and Motel6s will allow single or more dogs for no additional charges. Find a Motel6 and have the whole lot that would like to attend the chowfest stay at the same motel.

I use Motel6 or Super8 Motels mostly when I go to shows. The Super8s charge a 10$/day/dog charge.

Also, La Quintas are dog friendly as are Days inns. Most of the dog show people like the Motel6s because we can put several dogs in a single room and we get no questions or hassling. I stayed at the Motel6 in Mars Pa last night and the night before for the shows in Prospect PA.

B Buell