Saturday, April 19th: EAST COAST CHOWFEST 2008

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

T-BONE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Saturday, April 19th: EAST COAST CHOWFEST 2008

Post by T-BONE »

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say we can't wait to meet all of you this Saturday. We're really curious to see how T-Bone interacts with other chowkids! Other than his sister who lives in OK, he doesn't get around any chows. The closest is probably his best friend, Beau, who is an Akita. We'll see you very soon - safe drives to everyone!
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

chowkidz wrote:Welcome to the site and we look forward to meeting you and your chowkidz. They are both adorable. Is Nova named after the car?
Hello, I'm Mari's husband and Kuma and Nova's proud dad. Nova's name was already given to her before we got her. On our 4hr drive to get her, we were going nuts trying to figure out what name to give her. We were originally gonna call her Asia, but we knew Nova was already given to her by the breeder. When we arrived and saw her for the 1st time, we were told that Nova was given to her by the breeder's daughter. It was really sweet and because Nova was already 4 months old at the time, we thought it'd be unfair to take that name away.

Since "Nova" was one of the 2 names we gonna decide ("Asia" being the other one), we chose to name here Asia Villanova... or Nova for short \:D/ .
Attachments
Nova on her 2nd day home
Nova on her 2nd day home
IMG_8497small.jpg (62.53 KiB) Viewed 5812 times
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I wanted to wish you all safe travels to the first cc.org CF of this year!!! Have a great time, Everyone and remember to pack your cameras!!! We want to see photos! Additionally, just a couple of little safety tips, one of the MD locals may want to identify the nearest vet and vet emergency clinic near your ChowFest and note their business hours. It doesn't hurt to have the information handy. Oh, have a photo of your chow/s in the glove compartment of your car - in case any of you have a runner! Had a mid-west gal deciding to go commando last year, so it's just a little tip.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thank you so much for the tips Zhuyos mom, those are really important things keep in mind. I know where the closest vet is, but I need to call them and ask for the emergency vet location.

I am so excited!!!! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I bet I know some Chows getting bathed, groomed, and brushed til they fluff :wink: :lol: ! So jealous. Everyone have fun and be safe! Can't wait to hear all about it and see lots of pics!!!!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Have a great time everyone! We need to see a few You Tube postings, as well as stills, I think!
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Laura wrote:I bet I know some Chows getting bathed, groomed, and brushed til they fluff :wink: :lol: ! So jealous. Everyone have fun and be safe! Can't wait to hear all about it and see lots of pics!!!!
Titus got his bath today! He's looking handsome and is ready to P A R T Y !!!!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Have a great time on Saturday!! Take plenty of pictures and/or videos, PLEEEZE!!! Can't wait to see them!!!
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Jade and Nanook got tortured on Sunday with the bath. The never ending brushing continues again today. The Philadelphia Flyers ( I bleed orange and black by the way ) are playing Saturday afternoon, hopefully winning the series..............
can we reschedule???? Just kidding. This is going to be great! Everyone have a safe trip and the chowkidz and their servants will see you tomorrow.
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. We will take lots o' pics and video. We are so excited!!

Ah yes, Special has been brushed every day this week and it will continue today. :D (Hubby wants to collect his hair for a pillow or a chow down comforter! :D

Have a safe drive everyone and we'll see you tomorrow morning!! The weather is going be a bit warmer than what I would've liked...81, I'm glad we're doing it now instead of May or June, it would be impossible! But it's suppossed to be cloudy and teh trail is in the forest and we'll beby the water so the kids should be okay, maybe just not as active.

Chowkidz, I think we have a problem. :D You see, we are die hard Caps fans!! :D :D We have tickets for Tuesday night (although I have to say it looks like I might be getting that money back at this point. :cry: :cry: :cry: ). Last nights game was so amazing, but too bad it ended the way it did. :D Actually, I miss hockey from a few years ago (when all my favorite players were still there), the Caps were a waaay different team and I miss the Flyers Recchi days (the Flyers used to be my second fave team...until now :D )
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

#-o o crap Caps fans.......... o well at least we say the other has good taste in dogs [:D] ......... I feel asleep after the fist OT..... :evil: 4am comes too early sometimes. Recchi and LeClair days were great. I know i am not counting the Caps out until the end. They did not win 7 games in a row to get where they are now to just roll over.
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

chowkidz wrote:The Philadelphia Flyers ( I bleed orange and black by the way ) are playing Saturday afternoon, hopefully winning the series..............
can we reschedule???? .
You & my DH both! He's from Philly & loves the Eagles & Flyers. His family have awesome Eagles season tickets & we normally go to a game when we have to go East :D

Have lots of fun & looking forward to seeing all the pictures \:D/
Thank you Elodie!
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Kuma and Nova got bathed today. We're ready and anxious for Chowfest!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Can't wait... :D :D Special is all brushed and all set to go. He knows something's up. :D

Chowkidz, after the first OT it was pretty "boring" compared to the rest of the game anyhow, except when the Flyers scored, that was exciting so you didn't miss much. 4am-- That is early!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hi everyone, we're home from chowfest. We had the greatest time!!! Everyone was sooooo wonderful and all those gorgoeus chow chows!!! :D The food was amazing, thank you so much everyone!

Zhuyos mom, thank you so very much for the yummy treats, the chows LOVED them.

Jade and Nanook were stunning, stunning, stunning! They also did so many tricks and sweet Jade was just off relaxing in are under a picnic table. She wasn't having anything to do with all these rambunctious young males! :D

Kuma and Nova were so super, super sweet. They made friends with EVERYONE. They did so many tricks for everyone. Very, very laid back, sweet adorable chow chows. I tried to bring them home with us, but somehow they ended up leaving with their mommy and daddy! :D

Paz is the cutest little chowbaby ever. He is so relaxed. He took everything in stride, very grown-up attitude for such a cutie pie baby face! :D Gordo is soooooo regal. They make such a great pair. :D

T-Bone is so super gorgeous. He talks by whinning just like Special, which I ADORE. He was always lounging about with his giant pawzez behind him, waaaaay too cute if you ask me!

Titus was the sweetest little lovebug ever!! Ever! Ever! He tried to play with everyone. He wagged his tail in joy at EVERYTHING. LOVEBUG. He's a chow ambassador for sure. Even though he's a young adult now, he's pure puppy in spirit, happy about everything.

Special was not on his best behvior. :D He harr harred at almost everychow! He was too busy obsessing over bugs and bees. :D He only did one of his tricks and then didn't even want any more treats. Too many waaay more esxciting things going on. :D

All the people were so wonderful and sweet and chows were just so amazing. Thank you all for coming, we had the BEST time! I'm sad it's over!

I'm going to resize some pics and post them, I've got A LOT so bear with me. I'll try to post only a handful. :D
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Hey Katalin!!

Mari and I just got home right now. We just can't thank you enough for setting up the first Chow Fest of 2k8 for us. Likewise, we'd like to thank everyone that made it out and we're very grateful for the warm welcomes. :D

I will post more in detail in a bit, going to resize some pics as well (and you know we have a LOT). \:D/

Yesterday was my b-day and I can honestly say, this was the greatest b-day present/celebration I've ever had! Can't wait till the next one :wink:

edit: Again, can't thank you enough. You overdid it with the gift bags, lol, but who's complaining :wink: .
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL, I'm glad you guys liked the gift bags. :D I cna't wait to see your pics, I know you guys got some amazing shots. I think I'll have to mail the pics to everyone because there are waaay too many to upload. :D

I was sad to see the day end, we had such a great time meeting all of you.

And happy birthday Juan! :D :D
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Oh for goodness sakes, THROW US A BONE!!! Come on just one picture!!! :P

If you upload your photos on a photo site like the bay area folks do, and then send us invites to it, we'll be able to see your ChowFest pictures. We've used Kodak Galllery, Shutterfly and Snapfish. If you have high speed it loads up extremely fast and no resizing necessary.

Okay, waitting... waitting... waitting...
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL Zhuyos Mom. The pics I posted pics in the photo gallery. :D I wouldn't not post any pics! :D
Last edited by chowfrnd88 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Thanks to Katalin for planning our Chowfest and the wonderful treats for our chowkids and parents! Thanks also to Zhuyos Mom for thinking of us today!!!
It was so nice meeting everyone!!

Spesh

Spesh & Nova

Titus

T-Bone & Titus

Kuma, Nova, Spesh

Jade & Nanook

Gordo & Paz

Jade & Nanook

Paz

Time to take a rest

Spesh
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Jackie your photos are awesome! :D I love that last one of Special D, he looks so innocent. :D
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Looks like everyone had a great time. Great pics!!

I think there was some sort of Earth Day clean up scheduled for the park where you held your CF. Did you guys get any comments from strangers? I would think I'd died and gone to heaven if I saw so many Chows gathered in one place.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh they are all so gorgeous!! So glad everyone had fun and love hearing about it and seeing all the pics!! Beautiful babies and Nanooks paws are to die for! :D
Oh and GO AVS BABY!!!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Fillyok, that's interesting about the Earth day clean-up, I'll have to look into that! We were kind of in a secluded area, so not many people got to see the chows. At point, Kuma, Nova, their parents, and Special D and hubby and I went for a walk on one of the trails there and on our way back, we saw a family walk by and they oohed and ahhed and one little boy said "hi doggies." :D The other little boy said "run, they're come after us!" The parenst laughed and told him they were not going to go after them! :D

Laura, OMG, you should've seen Nanook's paws!!! They were so huge, I'm so glad you can tell from Titus' mom's photos! :D We all oohed and ahhed. :D :D
socialwork555
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by socialwork555 »

Hello All!
Thanks Katalyn again for coordinating and for your thoughtful giftbags..........the dogs haven't gotten into them yet, but I had to "shoo" my cat away from the bag at least three times----his head was inside one of those containers! Eventually I had to hide it.........there must be something in there of interest to him! :wink:

We had a fun time hanging out with all of you guys and your babies! Please share the photos with me...........I am so glad you took so many.

Thanks a ton for the video--------I laughed out loud when it cut off with Gordo trying to get at someone. Too funny! =P~

Thanks again to everyone, and we hope to see you all again!

Christine, Kirby, Gordo, and "the Paz"
Christine and Paz