Saturday, April 19th: EAST COAST CHOWFEST 2008

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

T-BONE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Saturday, April 19th: EAST COAST CHOWFEST 2008

Post by T-BONE »

Good morning all.
Katalyn - thank you so much for organizing the chowfest. We had an awesome time! The gift bags were a very special treat; T-Bone thanks you and loves you for them! =D=
Zhuyos mom - Thanks and XOXOXOs for the treats you sent. You are very kind and thoughtful! O:)
To all the beautiful chows and their parents - it was great meeting you! It was fun spending the day with you and we hope to see you again someday. :wink:
(I'm still learning how to upload pictures for sharing and will post them as fast as I can. Mari - thanks again for showing me how to use our new camera!)
mari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mari »

Hey Everyone,

Kuma & Nova had a blast at ChowFest!!! So...when's the next one? :?: ? It was soo awesome seeing all the chows together :-) They were all so sweet and gorgeous =D= We shot so many amazing pictures of everyone with their chowkids :-) . My husband, Juan aka "alfaphlex", will be posting them up within the next hour!

My hubby and I had such a wonderful time.. Thanks to everyone for all the goodies and for making us feel so welcomed! You guys are the best!!!
Kuma & Nova would also like to thank Katalin and Zhuyos mom for the gift bags and treats =P~ !

Btw.. Katalin, we're gonna have to set up a play date so Nova can visit her "chowfriend" :x , Special Dark!!! LOL.. I'm sure Kuma wont get jealous :lol:

Thanks again to all,
Kuma & Nova
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It's such a great time, meeting people, and especially Chows, we get to know on-line. I will never forget what an adventure we all had last May! All your photos are great! Katalin, I hope you can recover what you lost on the memory stick! Oh, and Kat, this looks like a good time to try your hand at digital scrappages! You already do it in calendar form!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Great to see such nice pics both on this thread & in the photo section! Thanks for sharing & keep them coming!
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

In case anyone missed them, I posted tons of pics in the ChowFest picture thread.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL Auddymay, I thought of that. I will try it in a few weeks. Unfortunately the next few weeks will be busy for me with school... and scrapbooking is so much more fun! :D

It was SO awesome getting to meet everyone. I'm so glad you all could come! I was driving home from work wishing every week would be chowfest! :D

Regina, hubby took a couple of pics of T-Bone's ride out of the park. We just thought he was the cutest thing with his little head sticking out of the car! :D We'll post them as soon as we get them off his phone.

Christine, there are lots of salmon treats in there, I bet that's what's attracting the cat! :D If you want me to put what photos I do still have on cd, pm me and I'll mail them to you (that goes for eveyone, I'd be glad to them out so you can have them all).

Mari, I hope that you guys do come down one weekend and we'll make it a Nova weekend! :D We'll take her to all of Spesh's fave places. :D

Auddymay, you're so right, it is so nice meeting everyone and getting to talk about our chows quirks. I made everyone feel the hair on top of Special's head. :D :D I wish we all could meet.

I was so proud of Special for not getting jealous when I petted or doted on the other chows (which happened a lot, a lot, a lot!). That is something we've worked on with him a lot. He used to growl if I petted another doggie. He sure could've cared less yesterday!

Guess what everyone, he is soooooo clingy today. He's come up to me repeatedly just for petting. He starts wagging his tail and is cuddling up to me. He even gave me a purple kiss, which I haven't gotten in months! Are any of your chows like this? CA Chowfesters or Mid-West Chowfesters, have any of you noticed anything like this after your chowfests?

Of course, he's also exhausted. This morning I tried to take him out and I had to practically beg him. :D He just wanted to sleep. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

chowfrnd88 wrote: ....Auddymay, you're so right, it is so nice meeting everyone and getting to talk about our chows quirks. I made everyone feel the hair on top of Special's head. :D :D I wish we all could meet...
Northern California ChowFest Steering Committee invites (for the 3rd time!) EVERYONE to SAN FRANCISCO in July for CF08! Come on over, we'll make it a National ChowFest. I was at the site we are going to hold our CF today and it was absolutely GLORIOUS! I know you will like it too. So, check your sick days, personal days and vacation days and make arrangements to get on over here!

chowfrnd88 wrote: ....Guess what everyone, he is soooooo clingy today. He's come up to me repeatedly just for petting. He starts wagging his tail and is cuddling up to me. He even gave me a purple kiss, which I haven't gotten in months! Are any of your chows like this? CA Chowfesters or Mid-West Chowfesters, have any of you noticed anything like this after your chowfests?...
I can speak for mine. No. They poop out the minute we get home. Sleep, snore, sleep. Must be all the socializing they do. As many of the members here know, yearly my Miss PB (who tells me to say "you're welcome" and "she is happy you liked the California snacks") serenades the CF chows with her singing. She often does 1 hour sets every half hour. So, by the time CF is over, she's smashed! I heard Shiloh go directly to her jacuzzi and soaks for a while. Next day, mine are back to normal. Nothing different.
freya066
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by freya066 »

It looks like an awesome time!!! I can't wait to attend the next one instead of being tied up for the weekend. I was visiting my mom, and I showed her and her husband the pictures of your beautiful dogs and they were very impressed. We also happened to find out that one of their neighbors has two chow mixes, so we got to say hi and chat briefly about their beautiful dogs. Small world! I will be on the outlook for another get-together!! :D
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Good Morning everyone,

We had such a blast this weekend. It was great to meet some more crazy chow owners and even crazier chows. It was well worth the drive. Thank you to Zhuyos mom for the goodies.

Katalin, the goodie bags were awesome! You did a wonderful job on them...... =D= =D= . Spesh was a sweetie. He seemed more interested in chasing the bugs then anything else.

T-Bone is a very handsome young fella. Kuma showed off his tricks and Nova was getting more comfortable as the day went. Titus should be an ambassador for the black chow community......just a sweetie. Gordo took it all in as Paz was....well a chow puppy.

Jade and Nanook were exhausted by the time we left. The A/C was on for the whole ride home and they slept and snored until we got home. We got up the next morning went for our usual 3 mile walk and when we got home they were done for the day.
Laura wrote: Nanooks paws are to die for!
I just love his paws, it's funny to see them next to Jade's. It's like a size 10 next to a size 4.

Laura wrote:Oh and GO AVS BABY!!!
........Yes the Caps beat the Flyers while the chowfest was going on......... :wall:

Thank you again everyone for the warm greetings and the help. We are sooooooo looking forward to the next Chow Fest.

Michelle, John, Jade and Nanook
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Michelle, I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound. I'm so glad you were able to make it! It was such a wonderful day!

Go Caps :D :D :D
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

ok so im really bummed. i wanted to come meet all of you so bad. im glad to hear that you all had a blast. i disnt expect to hear anything less.YOUR CHOW CHOWS ARE GORGEOUS!!
you all lucked out with the weather too.
i will definately make the next one, god willing.
what a great group of people, this site has!
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Hey Janet,

I lived in NYC (manhattan) pretty much my whole life. Been here in Philly for the last 4, but we always go up to NY to visit my family. Next time we go up, I'll let you know so we can have a mini Chow Fest. At CF, we had 9 chows, so it'd be half of that between our 4 :mrgreen:
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Janet, we missed you! I hope we cna all meet soon, you know how Luna and Mr. Bigz crazy I am. :D :D

Get some rest! :D