Chow Fest 2008 East of the Mississippi

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Willing to drive 500 miles or less for a 2 day Chow Fest?

Oh yea I will be there!
63%
Oh man it is to far!
38%

Total votes: 8

jerryo

Re: Chow Fest 2008 East of the Mississippi

Post by jerryo »

Kentucky or Tennessee are certainly more central than Georgia or the Carolinas. That big patch of blue on the right side of them is the Atlantic Ocean! They're on the east coast. :lol:

Alabama was great last year. We had people from FL, GA, LA and TX, and it was WELL worth the drive!

KY or TN would be more accessible to those from the central north, too.
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I was thinking along the same lines as Larry to combine north and south as well as east, though I'm not even sure I could attend if it's before the end of the school year. Forrest doesn't want to put Sullivan through any major traumas either. She does great in the car, but she doesn't like to lie down so that's a lot of pressure on her back legs. I typically take the dogs to school at least once a year, but Sullivan is the one who enjoys it the most, and again that might be too much trauma. Gilbert gets so over it, and lies down by my desk after 5 minutes and since Charlie is little all the kids gravitate toward him and he keeps giving me these terrified looks like "why me mom?" Sullivan just sits and lets kids do whatever they want to her -- you know, the diva being adored by her fans. She's the one who would have made a good therapy dog -- hind sight I guess.

Anyway, as much as I'd love to share Sullivan with some people she might not know, I guess I've been hit with a dose of realism. I might be able to do something in the Ohio area again, but it might depend on her condition. Her illness is hard enough on us, but I keep forgetting how it affects so many parts of our lives.

So I hope it works out, I'll keep reading the posts, but I guess I'll have to live through the pictures.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

I might be able to do something in the Ohio
The more the better, IN and Ohio each state can have one then regions and then the big one :lol:

Larry
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Man, if we did on ein Gatlinburg I could most deffinatly talk my mom into going. :lol:

That's our favorite place in the world pretty much. :shock: And I've never had the pleasure of getting to take Tippsy. :(

Jess
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

Bark Bark Bark