North Central (Ohio) Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Will you attend the North Central Chowfest on Oct. 13th?

yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes: 8

enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Sharon, it is entirely up to you on whether or not Alan comes and I don't think any of us have the right to tell you what to do in that situation. I think all of us will welcome him warmly, if he is there, but that has to be between the two of you.

Auddy, sorry you can't make it!

As for the surprise guest...I can't help but wonder if it's the same surprise guest as last time :D
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

As for the surprise guest...I can't help but wonder if it's the same surprise guest as last time
Nope, they are from Michigan :lol: Hope to know in the next few days if they are going to be able to make it.

Larry
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

I have a digital camera, laptop and a wireless air card so we could send streaming video down to Alabama, How fun!!!

Larry -- I see you are bringing extras, any little ladies coming for the ride to meet us?

I saw potluck and bring a dish, if we have an idea of how many are coming, I can bring hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone. Let me know -- I am sure there is a place to bar-b-que.

debbie -- I will get with you to meet up prior -- I have been traveling extensively for the last two weeks -- mostly in and out day trips last week and this week I had an all week management meeting in Atlanta so I have not been home. After this week, I will be back in town and do not have any travel for work planned other than day things so we can pick a time to meet.

I am excited!!
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Alright all my favorite things...

Dogs, friends, food and taking pictures :lol: This is going to be fun.

Those that are not able to make it you will be in our thoughts and we will have lots of pictures. We look forward to seeing you (Audymay and Family) at the next melt.

Larry
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

All sounds great. I may bring dessert.

Poor Gilbert, he's afraid of thunder so he's sitting on top of my feet protecting me. If I say anything he whines so I have to stay quiet. Now Charlie is imitating him. Sullivan could care less but she has to sit behind me because the other two are on top of me. Guess I better go tend to the dogs.
courtsey of Sweetpea
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Pattie, there is a charcoal grill at the park.

Do we need to post what we are bringing, food-wise? I don't know yet. :D

Hey, do we need to reserve the picnic pavilion? Anyone know? I'll call tomorrow afternoon, unless someone beats me to it.
~Renae
<br>

mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Lets get a final tally of who all is coming and then we need someone to coordinate a list of the food -- once I have a total, I can buy hamburgers and hot dogs. We will need someone to bring buns and the fixins for hamburgers and hot dogs, I am sure someone will volunteer.

This sounds like fun!

PS -- forgot if I mentioned this earlier, I do have one of those air cards that work off the wireless cell phone signal so we are good to go to stream video or pictures to Alabama.

enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Just talked to the park people in Wooster and they do not "rent" out the pavilions after Oct. 1st so it is first come, first serve! There are two pavilions so I don't think it'll be a problem. The girl I talked to didn't think so, either.

So it looks like we are good to go on the space.

:D
~Renae
<br>

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

CHOW FEST...CHOW FEST...we are going to CHOW FEST.

Our mamma is packing us up in the car in a couple of Saturdays and we are going to meet Wowies Chowies.

CHOW FEST...CHOW FEST...we are going to CHOW FEST

We are so excited.....and we hope that we don't pee wee from it all!!!!

Slurps and Snots...JR and CHEYENNE

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

JR & Cheyenne: We're looking forward to meeting you and all the great new friends. Thanks for calling the park Renae, and thanks to Patti for volunteering hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. This is really shaping up. I'll post to the Southern crowed to see if anyone there can join us in cyberspace. Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Darn it. I wish we could come. It would be nice to meet up with everyone we meet at the May Chowfest and to meet some new people too.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

We need to plan our menu so that we don't double up on stuff.

So who is bringing what????
I will bring a big salad or anything else that you want.

This will be so much fun.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Hey, we are actually getting a balanced meal, especially since I volunteered to bring dessert :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Patti said she could bring hamburgers and hot dogs, and if Sharon brings a salad, we might just needs buns and paper things. I guess we can all bring our own drinks? We just do water ourselves. Anyone else have any ideas? I guess we'll have to check the human count again. At this point we may have 11 humans, because I think Patti's husband may come and Forrest is getting closer to saying for sure he'll come (just a little reverse psychology -- "that's OK, you don't have to come"). Now if they could just send some of that southern barbecue and cheese grits through cyberspace I'd be in heaven!
courtsey of Sweetpea
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Terrina and I will bring dog buns... oh and some for the hotdogs and hamburgers too :roll: Put us down for chips also. We will also bring the fixens

Want us to bring charcoal and lighter fluid?

Larry and Terrina
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Food list (so far)

Patty- hotdogs/hamburgers
Larry & Terrina- buns and fixings for hotdogs/hamburgers
Sharon- salad
Debbie- dessert
Renae- side dish (maybe baked beans or something like that)

I can't wait!
~Renae
<br>

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I decided to be nice and did invite Alan since he is Chow fanatic and JR and Cheyenne's Dad...he was coming, however, the seminar that he had in western PA on what he thought was the 20th is really the 13th...so unless something changes..he is not coming. He is really disappointed..oh well.

So our count looks like one chow mom and 2 chowdren!

JR AND CHEYENNE

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

just wanted to boot this up to make sure that we are all still on for next Saturday!!!!!!
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Tess, Fiona, and I are ready...my mom is not coming, she has to work, but the girls and I are ready (Good thing Renae is coming, she can take one of them). Now I just have to decide what to bring. I'm planning on a side dish and a dessert...plus I have some yummies for the dogs.

Just a side note, Tess and Fiona are both kind of social outcast...please don't be offended if neither one will come near other people. Neither one bites (well, in the last 3 weeks, Fiona has not bit, in the last 8.5 years, Tess has not bit) but them may run if anyone gets to close to them. They may both surprise me, Tess has been known to pick a person to be her best friend, so I don't know, but just a forewarning :lol: . Fortunately, neither one are like that with other dogs, so no problems there.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I'm thinking we might exchange some cell phone numbers just in case we need to find each other at the park. I have Sharon's and Patty's and I think they have mine? Maybe a few of us should PM each other? Forrest is going for sure.

Sullivan likes people but her aloofness is toward other dogs (except Charlie and her boyfriend). Gilbert also loves people but may be a little growly toward the dogs because he'll be itching to play (the lab side, but we never know when that will come out). I'm thinking there is an off leash part, because he'll go to town then. Everybody loves Charlie and vice versa.

As I told Sharon, the only thing I'm worried about is that Sullivan will not eat or drink around other people. The eating shouldn't be a problem, but we may have to take her back to the car to drink -- I hope the weather is good -- not too hot.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Wild chows could not keep us away :lol:

Larry and Terrina
616 581 0087
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Larry....I already used that line when we rsvp'd!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet you guys!

JR is a huge LOVEBUG...he loves everyone. Cheyenne is still pretty "cool" and aloof and needs time to warm up...so she and Fiona can stay in their own little spot....or Cheyenne will stick close to her Mom....and she gets jealous when another chow lady looks at JR!!!!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

My Tessie won't snub me and I'll get to keep her all to myself then :D

Directions to the park and how to find the dog park area:

You will need to get your own directions to get you on US 250, but I can get you from there!

Take 250 to Wooster.

From the West- 250 East to Madison Ave exit. At bottom of exit ramp, turn left, go under the bridge. Go past the other exit ramp (from westbound) and then turn right almost immediately into Schellin Park.

From the East- 250 West to Madison Ave exit. At bottom of exit ramp, turn right and then turn right again almost immediately into the park.

Everyone in the park now? Good. There is a skate park on the right and a pond on the left. Go past these. Go to the stop sign (about a block). Turn LEFT. Go another block and turn left into the parking lot! The dog area will be in front of you and the picnic shelter to the far right. There is some parking near the picnic shelter but most of it is by the dog area.

Sharon- not sure how you'll get there, but if you take 585 (which is quite nice, but slow in places where it goes through the towns), you will come into Wooster from the wrong direction and have to go around (that's how I get there, too). It's kind of weird because you have to do like 3 different highways/exits in 2 miles or something, but it will put you on 250. I can get you my directions if you need. I get on 585 from 21 (which I hit from I76). It might be easier for you to go down I71 to 250, though, I'm not sure.

I can't wait for Saturday!
~Renae
<br>

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Renae,

thanks for thinking of me....I will do a mapquest this week to try and get there on time. I am not very good when it comes to being anywhere on time...so instead of excuses if I am late...I just told you guys outright!!!!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Thanks for the heads up Sharon :) And thanks for the directions Renae. I've been after the Southerners to see if anyone is camera or video equipped but haven't found anyone yet. We can always post pictures. Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

How do I get to Wooster from Columbus -- I am thinking 71N to 76 E to Wooster -- am I getting warm?