North Central (Ohio) Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Will you attend the North Central Chowfest on Oct. 13th?

yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes: 8

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

OK, other Deb -- since I know your birthday is coming up (the 17th), I won't post the pictures you took of yourself -- there's a great one of your eye.

Patti -- We really missed you. Let us know how the search for Kirby's sister goes -- One chow is never enough! (Plus I call first dibs on meeting both :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Bama -- I sort of called out of the blue -- sorry it was bad timing, but I just had to say hi!
courtsey of Sweetpea
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

OMG what fun! There are so many best parts. Meeting everyone and seeing all those chows chasing that poor lab in the dog park.

I have never seen so many fluffy butts running in one direction in my life. I would have taken pictures but Ai Shu really did eat the good digital camera. Not bad puppy bad dad :oops:

Can not wait for the next one.

Yep and more then then one day!

Larry
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Tess, Fiona, and I had a great day at ChowFest also! For the entire two hour drive home, Tess only woke up long enough to reposition and Fiona got up to switch sides of the car. I actually had to turn the radio up at one point because Tess's snoring was drowning it out :lol: . Tess confirmed my thought that she is a social deviant. What few of the photos show is that while most of the dogs hung out near each other...Tess could often be found at the other end of the park by herself :roll: ...although, right before we left, she did let Sharon pet her for a second...Sharon was the only person all day I think that did get to pet her. She could use an event like that once a week.

I did get some pictures...they are probably similar to all the other pictures, but I thought I would post then anyway.

This is were Tess was often found...down by herself, here behind the trash can :D Image

A slide show of some random photos
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i176.photobucket.com/remix/playe ... m"></embed>
And, a video of Fiona and Ai Shu playing (I may make this into a video and play it for Tess so she can learn to play :D )<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i176.photobucket.com/player.swf? ... v"></embed>
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Amanda thank you those are great. Seeing Fiona and Ai Shu playing is so fun. They really like each other. That shot of Cinnamon "I'm Free" is the greatest!! It makes our hearts sing when we see the Chow in her come out and play.

Larry
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Patti- Tess is a 100% original :D

She was found in the woods near McConnellsville, OH in the spring of 1999. She was about a year old and was still dragging 15 feet of ski rope behind her. She had run away from her original home. My dad found her that day, originally mistaking her for a bear cub, and he managed to catch her finally by feeding her. Our Zoe (chow mix) had died only two weeks previous and Dad did not want another dog but this little girl had decided otherwise. He called her "the test" and brought her home to see if she liked other people and cats and if everyone would get along. He changed her name to Tess before they got home. She's been glued to his side for the past eight years :D

Where she came from, we have no idea. She meets AKC breed standard and looks to be purebred, so she probably wasn't an "oops", but whoever had her neglected and abused her- she didn't even know how to eat dog food. She is very timid and shy (as Amanda pointed out, she was the social deviant of the group, but she did play a little bit and let Sharon pet her!). But she is a beautiful dog and we love her to death.

Moral- go sit in the woods and wait for a Tessie-Chow to appear. :D
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

So hopefully Tess & Fiona slept on the way home and did not get sick? Beautiful video. Feels like I'm there again.
courtsey of Sweetpea
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

You know what we didn't get pictures of?

Larry's idea for the hot dog dunk.

It was hysterical guys, he cut up hot dogs, put them in a bowl and but like four inches or more of water over them, and put on the floor. I think every dog tried it, Milo got one and I think Brandon was the winner!

Thanks Larry!
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

debraschow wrote:You know what we didn't get pictures of?

Larry's idea for the hot dog dunk.

It was hysterical guys, he cut up hot dogs, put them in a bowl and but like four inches or more of water over them, and put on the floor. I think every dog tried it, Milo got one and I think Brandon was the winner!

Thanks Larry!
Nope, Tess never bobbed for hotdogs. She had no interest in it. What a snob... :D

It was a great idea, though!
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Actually that was a great idea until Gilbert started hogging it -- honestly he's only aggressive toward white dogs when he's on a leash :oops:

PS to Patti -- that's sort of why it might be good to meet at a leash free dog park?
courtsey of Sweetpea
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Awesome slideshows and pictures!! It looks like you all had great weather too, that's wonderful!

Ai Shu is so big!! He is so grown up looking. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

It really turned into a beautiful day and all of the chows and their people were just great. I can't wait until the next one. JR and Cheyenne relaxed all the way home. I was so proud of Cheyenne...she has come so far from the day that she was rescued and is just the sweetest, sweetest girl now. JR as usual, was the food hog...trying to climb on tables and stealing off of plates...that is when he wasn't trying to "hump" anything with 4 feet...male...female...he doesn't care...and he has only been nuetered for 9 years now...but he was the oldest 4 legged participant and still acts like a puppy.
Debra we loved having you and Milo there...you drove so far...I hope to see you both again soon...Milo is really special and so is his Mom!
Tess is so pretty and I was so privileged to pet her. Fiona is such a lovely recue story and she is getting so nice and fuzzy now... Amanda and Renae are the sweetest young ladies
Gilbert and Sullivan were great...JR was so happy to meet his "pea in a pod" mate. I was so proud of Sullivan...she is a real trooper and they both have a great Mom and Dad!
The Harrises'...they are super with the greatest crew...Miss prissy Cinammon with all her bows...Ai Shu has the most gorgeous coloring and gave me lots of purple kisses...and dear little Brandon...what a nice boy. And thank you to daddy Larry for cooking!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

videos from Sharon, JR and Cheyenne

Post by Sharons Chows »

<center>
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i45.photobucket.com/player.swf?f ... ed><br><br>
</center>
<center>
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i45.photobucket.com/player.swf?f ... ed><br><br>
</center>
<center>
</center>
<center>
</center>

And the last one shows that the 2 peas in a pod, Mr Gilbert and Mr JR...do just fine with "other dogs!"
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Now I wish we'd taken video! Those are great Sharon! :D

I want to be back there!
courtsey of Sweetpea
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Wow, more great pictures. IT lookes like a good time!! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I wish we had taken video as well!
I think it's wonderful to watch the chowdren in action!
Hmmmmm, this video must be altered, because everyone knows that chows are vicious, right???? :laughloud: :laughloud:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Yeah, those women look real scared! :lol:

I'm still on a high from Saturday! :D :D :D
courtsey of Sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Those women thought that Gilbert and JR were a real hoot!!!....especially when my perverted, totally obnoxious food hog, JR, jumped all over their dogs...all males...and then I told them they he was fixed 9 years before. Hey you heard them laughing in the video.
Sorry Gilbert.....I hope that he did not ruin you for life.
But you can always borrow Cheyenne for a day or so...she keeps JR completely in line. Guess that she was enjoying her wanderings around the park and forgot to check in with her big Bro...so he ran a bit wild!!!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Gilbert loved having someone who could keep up with him! I just can't believe JR is that much older (7 years?). JR is like a puppy!
courtsey of Sweetpea
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Thanks to everyone for the photos and stories of your ChowFest. Aren't CF's JUST THE BEST???? Makes me yearn for our next one.

Take care all, purple kisses--
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Quite right, Cindy. I am yearning for the next one. Seems everyone had a great time. \:D/ Thank you for the pics & video's. I really can't get over how much Aishu has grown.......

Lot's of purple kisses,
Leonora & mum
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

Patti,

We just got a female Chow/mix that reminds me of Tess in the face if you are thinking about getting another one. She is around a year old and is doing well with ours and the cats. She is already following me all around.
We will try to get pictures up soon. I will have to get one of those throw away cameras, since Ai Shu got a hold of our newest one friday before we left for Chowfest and it no longer works. Then our other one was left at Chowfest. Bad weekend for cameras.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Sounds like you all have a bad case of ChowFest Fever!!! Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Lou, I'm so sorry that you missed the vinegar pie and grits! Maybe, next time!!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

bama wrote:Lou, I'm so sorry that you missed the vinegar pie and grits! Maybe, next time!!!
Oh Bama, no worries. I'll post on your thread about my missing the vinegar pie and grits! Boy, you hillbillies sure have an intereting palate!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I never imagined that JR would still be such a "puppy" at 10 years old...seems that he has found the elixer for eternal chow youth!
He loves to be busy...and loves to be kissed and hugged along with it all.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE