North Central (Ohio) Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Will you attend the North Central Chowfest on Oct. 13th?

yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes: 8

enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Patty-

71N to 250 E (the exit is in Ashland). Then follow the directions I listed for 250!

If you come all the way up to I76, you'll be too far north and have to go south again. You can mapquest or http://maps.yahoo.com from your house to Wooster.

Oh yeah...I like roads and maps :D
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Actually, I don't know either. I'm figuring 71 north is the first part -- I'll think about the rest later -- like probably Saturday morning knowing me. Is your husband going, Patti? We could caravan?
courtsey of Sweetpea
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

Cinnamon is a BIG Momma's girl. She very rarely goes up to anyone. She is fine with furkids. Ai Shu and Brandon are great with people and other furkids. Especially Ai Shu. Be warn he loves giving purple kisses. He will probably jump on everyone. None of the 3 will bite anyone even if someone at the dog park says something mean about Chows. Now their Mom and Dad might. :twisted:

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I tried mapquest...didn't work...kept telling me no such place or address.
Next I did Yahoo maps....gave me fairly good directions.
Next I called the Wooster park system and got the best directions of all from a really nice guy who's wife drove 1000 miles to rescue a cairn terrier. He was really excited that we were going to be at the park and said he might even stop by if he is in town

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Hey, that's cool Sharon.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Just checked the weather for Wooster on Saturday...it is supposed to be sunny and 60. I sure hope it is....that will be perfect chow weather!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Sounds perfect to me too, Sharon. We're all getting excited!
courtsey of Sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Are we there yet...are we there yet?????

Our Momma told us we are going to meet lots of chow friends on Saturday.

When can we leave...our suitcase is packed...we wanna go!!

The JR and The Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

chris

Post by chris »

Awwww.... I wish I could come too. Not this time, but next time :-( take lots and lots of pictures!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Let's see -- I have Sharon, Patti, & Amanda's cell phone numbers and Vicki's from the Southern version (hopefully I'll remember her e-mail address). Sounds like we have a menu (I guess if you have time, Larry & Terrina, you could bring charcoal and lighter fluid too). I have the directions. Sounds like we have a chowfest! Less than 18 hours. I'll probably check again, but I'll see you all tomorrow. We're leaving here around 10.

Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I'm so ready for Chowfest! Just pulled some yummies out of the oven and thinking about heading to bed soon so I can get up early to go to CHOWFEST!

Amanda has my # and Larry and Terrina might still have it from transporting Fiona.

See everyone tomorrow!
~Renae
<br>

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Have fun!!! Take lots of pictures, we can't for them! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Amanda, yes we still have your cell phone number.

We are at the motel now. We are on the second floor and they don't have an elevator here. Cinnamon can't go up stairs so I sure hope she doesn't have to go potty to many times.

As of earlier this week the surprise guest and Chow are suppose to be coming.

Looking to seeing old friends and meeting new. Is it noon tomorrow yet?

Terrina
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Woo hoo. Surprise guests!

Poor Cinnamon.

Less than 15 hours
courtsey of Sweetpea
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Tess would like everyone to know she did not get prettied up because someone has been busy this week :oops: ...I promised I would run the brush through her fur tomorrow before we leave so she's not embarrassed. We can't for tomorrow though...see everyone soon!
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Enjoy the color tour to Wooster, everyone. Lotsa photos, don't forget!
chris

Post by chris »

Surprise guest = NOT ME THIS TIME... lol ;-)
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

We're on our way! Unfortunately Patti just called me and she has to take her dad to the hospital (gall bladder -- been there, done that, so I understand). Anyway, we're bringing the hot dogs and hamburgers plus cakes. But, we're going to miss Kirby, Patti, and our AV connection. OMG -- I just remembered I need my real camera -- gotta go.

Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Oh no! Patty- I hope things are okay with your dad! We'll miss you today.

Amanda is on the road with Fiona and Tess. I'm waiting on some potatoes to come out of the microwave and then I'm out of here!

Auddy, you are right- it should be a beautiful drive. I have 20 miles of interstate and then Amish country highway for 45 minutes. Lovely scenery.
~Renae
<br>

mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Sorry everyone, my parents live with us and have four a couple of years (that is why we built such a big house here). He started not feeling good a couple of days ago, felt better and then last night flared up again. My mom had just taken ill recently (unknown to us -- healthy as a horse previously) and went into the hospital on a Tuesday and passed away on a Thursday very recently so we did not want to leave dad alone by himself not feeling well. He has a bad stomch attack that from my medical training makes me think gallbladder. Just did not want to leave him alone and be two hours away. I will miss all you guys. I did ask Deb to pick up the hamburgers and hot dogs and i would meet up with her to reimburse her for the cost -- we live close hear each other. I did not want to not meet my commitment. I could always lend my laptop and air card if that would help with streaming video, I would be comfortable doing that if it would help or at least my air card that someone could use in their own laptop. If that is an option Deb, let me know and I can meet you somewhere to give that to you.

It has been a rough few weeks in the Patti/Kirby household from a family perspective due to illness so please forgive me, I have been looking forward to this for weeks. Perhaps we can do another get together -- I would even open my house for that say around the holidays for a chow get together. You all have been my wonderful friends from afar and I wanted to meet all of you. Please accept my apology and I made sure you would have your hamburgers and hot dogs as I promised courtesy of Deb. Please send me pictures as soon as possible.

Have fun! Sending Patti hugs and Kirby purple kisses! Please do not me mad at me!!!
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

And Iam dying to know who the mystery guest is, let me know as soon as possible!
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I actually have the pictures scanned but I forgot my ID at photobucket, then after they sent it to me, they said I had tried to log on too many times and won't let me back in. Let's just say it was a wonderful day -- perfect company, food, and weather -- at least that's what the dogs tell us. :lol: I will post the pictures as soon as photobucket lets me.

I hope everything is OK Patti. Don't worry about the food -- maybe we'll take you up on the offer of your house for chowfest 2? And we called the Southern version so we got to talk to them and we have this site to post pictures -- hopefully in the very near future! The funniest moment was when Cheyanne chewed through JR's leash (or was it the other way around?) All the dogs got along great! :D

Larry & Terrina (or was it Deborah), Sharon has your camera case and will send it to you. We took the buns, but we left the charcoal and lighter fluid for the next lucky user of the shelter.

This was my best birthday ever!
courtsey of Sweetpea
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Our surprise guest.....

Debra and Milo!!!!!!!

It was so much fun meeting everyone and I had a great time! I'll be posting pictures soon- caught up in Indians baseball here. :D
~Renae
<br>

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

The pictures

Post by pfordeb »

First batch of pictures -- more are coming.
Renae & Amanda with Tess & Fiona

Debra & Milo

Forrest, Debbie & Family

Something smell wonderful

OK -- V formation. You guys go right and we'll go left.
courtsey of Sweetpea
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Second batch of pictures: Oops I messed up. Try again.
courtsey of Sweetpea