North Cal. Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

North Cal. Chowfest

Post by Aslan »

Hi All, Just wanted say THANK YOU for such a wonderful day. Lovely weather, great people, and all those GOOD looking chows.
LOU, you are the best. You are such a great host. Great food, wonderful treats for all the chow kids. It is so great to meet everyone and their baby. Here are a few pictures. Sorry I was so busy talking that I did not catch everyone. But I am sure you will get to see more picture soon.

For all of you that is waiting to see ZEN. He is in the third picture from the last. And the lovely woman next to ZEN is Andy's wife Michelle. Sorry Andy, don't mean to take your thunder, but I am so happy to meet ZEN and see that you both are so happy.

And Judy, Thank you for all those treat from M&M. My fatboy sent many purple kisses.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Aslanchow
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

awwwwwwwwwwwwww, look at all those beautiful Furkins and Humans!! all of you!
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Holy cow!!!! Look at all those beautiful chows. NorCal Chowfest looks like it was so much fun!!!
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

What a GORGEOUS bunch of chows....just absolutely gorgeous!!!
I want to squish the whole lot.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yep just look at all those agressive, mean, human attacking beast. Those pictures are a a good argument when people say how mean Chows are. the pictures will shut them up fast.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I am humbled by all that Chow beauty and magnificence! I need a guide to identify about half of them, though!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

WOW!!! So Many BEAUTIFUL CHOWS in one place!!!!! You all must have gotten ALOT of looks :shock: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Wow Look at all those beautiful Chows, Beautiful people and beautiful city. I want to come next year.

David
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Wow, it looks like you had a great day!! Look at those stunning chows and their people! I am so jealous. :D I would've just melted from all the cute fluffiness...er... excuse me, as Jeff put it the "aggressive, human eating beasts." :lol: :lol:

Is that MontanaXman and Jake I see on the right in the group shots? I'm glad they made it this year too! All the chows look AMAZING!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Wow!! What an awesome turn out!! I wish we could have been there, :cry: Can't wait to see more pix. By the way, kudos to whomever was taking the pictures, I can only imagine trying to get a gaggle of chows to sit still and look at the camera at the same time; must be a pretty difficult task! :lol:
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Yes who are the people there, I think I see Chika her dh and of course Leonora

David
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

We had such awesome time. It was nice to get to meet everyone in person & the Chows, Ahh, the Chows they were all so gorgeous! AND very well behaved, one must say.

Dogdad, Zhuyo's mom has updated the ChowFest NorCal thread in Special Events, there you can see pictures of Chows & their humble servants with handle names. Enjoy!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

WOW, what a beautiful group of dogs (and people) I am just floored those pictures are amazing. I wish we lived close enough to come SO JEALOUS!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
MontanaXman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontanaXman »

Great event! Thanks to all.

MontanaXman
vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vtxandy »

Brother Aslan,
Since you are a chow papa and live in San Jose with us...you can feel free to steal my thunder any day you want!
Zen says "woof" too.

Zen's papa Andy
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Beautiful, beautiful pictures and what a lovely event it turned out to be. I have been looking at the pictures on the other thread and your refreshments looked delicious and so well organised.
The candles looked good and I am sure Miss Pooh Bear said her prayer nicely.
I am glad also that she sorted out the treats that M & M had me send.
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures - it is almost as good as being there. :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chris

Post by chris »

AWESOME.... AND I SEE JAKE! :D
kryptonite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kryptonite »

woot congrats on your successful chowfest =D=
great pic, all those beautiful chows with their wonderful parents what more can you ask for [:D] =D=

i wish we could have one of those gatherings in our side of the world

kudos ^^
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

I know, I was thinking the same thing - There's Jake!
They all are gorgeous, and Jeff is right about the picture.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Yep just look at all those agressive, mean, human attacking beast. Those pictures are a a good argument when people say how mean Chows are. the pictures will shut them up fast.

Yeh, you said it Jeff! Watch out for these aggressive, mean, human attacking beast. They might charge you with their party hat horns on top of their heads! This is one of my favorite photos of the day. Look how they are smiling.

The chows seem to really enjoy the company of other chows. Not one of them got tangled with another. Most were tethered to a table and maneuvered their ways around quite nicely.

Aslan's mom - You flatter me. However, I can't take the credit. Leo's Mum, Swancin and Kingalls (Chika, Cindy and Karen) and I worked together on getting ChowFest up and ready for all to have fun. I was just, let's say, the more clamorous one... as PB said, "Mommy OFF! Get down from the bench! You might hurt yourself!"

Auddymay - Game on?! Competition... ChowFest?! NOT! TBGP's don't compete that way! We do however remember lyrics to old David Cassidy, Donny Osmond and Tony DeFranco songs! However, we could collaborate on "ChowFest - Tahiti"! I hope you can make it next year, Auddymay. It was so close this year, wasn't it!

Basher was the most vocal chow and needed several time outs by his daddy. It was Basher's daddy, Andy, who had the vision to do the group shot and lined everyone up the way he wanted. We're all waitting to see his photos. The chows were quite cooperative in lining up. It was their parents that had a little trouble understanding.

The girl chows all swooned over Jake, which made the boy chows a little envious. PB told me that when Tonka arrived, Boogie and Teddie gave him the low-down on what was going on at the Fest and how the girls were just "friendly" to the guy chows but were "google-eyed and giddy" when Jake passed their way. Tonka, being really cool, just told the duo "...to chill. We're all one here." PB was very impressed with Tonka's diplomacy!

I'm sure I can speak for the "steering committee" that it brings big smiles to us that everyone had a good time. Last year's ChowFest had 8 chows and this year's ChowFest almost had 3x's as many chow guests! So thank you for sharing the day with us!