today's chowfest????

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

today's chowfest????

Post by bama »

I'm just anxiously awaiting photos!!!
:lol: :lol:
8-} I hope you're all having fun!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Yeah, it is going on right now...I will watch the news for Chows taking over a park in SF!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Here's some great shots, few of many taken - by many today.

Just the best day EVER!!!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7 ... IZuXLhs2aq

And an un-natural phenomonen, a chow OFF LEASH!! No, it was not photo-shopped.... This is well-behaved TONKA :wink:

Sweet view, eh? (again, no photoshop...)

Some of the lovely gifts from the event (from Lou and company :x )
Kodi decided to eat the dog biscuit that was part of the deco on the hat...

Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

What BEAUTIFUL Pics. Now I need to know WHO IS WHO????? There was a great turn out, I am SOOO JEALOUS!!!
I can't wait to hear how things went and see MORE MORE MORE :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chris

Post by chris »

damn.. look at those views... AUDDY, NEXT CHOW FEST IS EITHER HERE IN LAKE GENEVA OR OUT BY YOU IN MI AT THE LAKE... yes yes.. we need to know who is who! :-) looks like a wonderful time!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

chris wrote:damn.. look at those views... AUDDY, NEXT CHOW FEST IS EITHER HERE IN LAKE GENEVA OR OUT BY YOU IN MI AT THE LAKE... yes yes.. we need to know who is who! :-) looks like a wonderful time!
Those vews are called San Francisco Chris as in Golden gate bridge, why do you think I keep talking about SF and Oakland all the time, there is no better place except tahoe of course, The Fat Lady is just down the road around the corner.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

:D LOL @ Jeff... I need to go to CA!
vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vtxandy »

OMG UNREAL............After our group photo I counted 19 chows!
We were treated like royalty! It's so obvious how much effort, time, pre-planning, love, money, time, time, energy went into this event.....Michelle and I were blown away, absolutely blown away, OMG.
Chowfest 2007....OMG!!
Pix to follow........

Andy, Michelle and Zen.

oh, ps....in a highly subjective and quite small pole....Zen was the cutest chow there, there were some close seconds.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vtxandy »

Details from our point of view.
We showed up and were immediately welcomed with a flower lai (lay?) for Zen and a very custom wristband with Zen's name on it for us.

There were alot of chows there...maybe 10 plus when we got there. Like I said in the last post, I counted 19 at the end of a group picture.

Food and goodies and treats and drinks and deserts were laid out on tables. (I'm stuffed!)

They had a wonderful and moving candle lighting ceremony for those that have passed recently. Someone went to a lot of trouble to put each dogs (damn I'm starting to cry again) picture on each candle. (Dear Lord we miss Tinker.)
It was one of the most considerate and thoughful things anyone has ever done for us. Those candles remained lit while we were invited to eat and have some great fellowship!
We made some great friends. What a deal!

All this happened with the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz as backdrops on a wonderful sunny day! Lots of pix were taken. There were even a lot of gockers staring at all the beautiful chows, espescially when we took the group photo!

Check this out, before we left we were given a custom Chowfest 2007 backpack FILLED with chow treats, custom boxes of goodies and treats and bones and ......A bottle of wine with a private label of.....you guessed it, Chowfest 2007! Wow!

The amount of energy, thought, care, time and money put into this event still has our jaws on the ground!
AMAZING, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
aNDY
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

What a wonderful ChowFest 2007 day! I don't know that we could have asked for a more perfect day!

We loved seeing so many Chowdren that we've come to know through the cc.org site! The setting was incredible!

My two Chowdren are in la-la-land with very deep sleep.!

Everyone and EveryChow were incredible!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Yeah Chris, I am jealous of their good time, I almost went! I think next year, we go on a roadtrip. Like a scene out of RV or something...lol.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Auddymay wrote:Yeah Chris, I am jealous of their good time, I almost went! I think next year, we go on a roadtrip. Like a scene out of RV or something...lol.
Why be envious of the West coast Chowfest, just make next years Midwest Chowfest bigger and better then the Westcoast, that way the next Westcoast Chowfest will have to be bigger and better then the Midwest. Make it a competition after awhile Chowfests will be world renowned. That will make it tough on Chris because she will have to go to all the Chowfeast to give that extra pizzazz for those surprise guest spots, better learn to sing or dance Chris those cute bubbly smiles don't last for ever ya know, Don't want the dentures falling out.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

(sluggs Jeff in the shoulder) shhhhhhhh, your not supposed to tell anyone about my dentures.. FLOP :roll:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

chris wrote:(sluggs Jeff in the shoulder) shhhhhhhh, your not supposed to tell anyone about my dentures.. FLOP :roll:
I didn't mean now, I was talking about dentures when you get old in 2 or 3 more years, I know you don't wear dentures now.

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Not to worry Jeff, I am going to be at the second annual Midwest Chowfest...I just wish I could meet all our Chow buddies and their servants. We don't want any rivalries- the mid-West /West coast rivalry will never happen.