Special Event: Midwest Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Here is the list of the party-goers. In the case of Danielle and Justin, I have put them for Ohio, though they are still undecided which they will attend.

Indianafest
1. Audrey & Haley...Pip & Lily
2. Chris, Laurissa, & Mikey...Steelo & Roxie
3. Larry & Terrina...Mini Me & Rao Shu
4. Angela...Gabe
5. ChowChowdaddy (name unknown)...Tempest and Ming
6. Babs...Sophie
7. Kristie...the triple threat- Asa, Asti, & Awol

Ohiofest
1. Audrey & Haley...Pip & Lily
2. Sharon & Alan...JR & Cheyenne
3. Deb & Al...Cheyenne
4. Katalin & Istvan...Special Dark
5. Jay & wife...Missie
6. Justin & Danielle...Hemi & Zeus
7. Special guest appearance by...(TBA)

If you weren't included, and want to be, no problem. Either PM me, or post a reply here. The same goes if you cannot make it, or wish to switch locations (or add the second day to your travel plans).
Last edited by Auddymay on Wed May 16, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I'm so jealous that you get Chowfest this weekend. Have a really really great time & take lots pictures for us all to see please.

Layla & Millie
Thank you Elodie!
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

We're really looking forward to Chowfest! I've told Ming and Tempest and they keep looking at the calendar, hoping the days will go faster. I'm in Salt Lake City on business all week, but will return home Friday evening and we're driving up on Saturday for awhile. :D
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

Auddymay We will be bringing a layered nacho dip and nachos. So if you would add that to the list.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Hey Sharon, I booked at Sheraton Independence. It looks to be south-west of you. Dogs to 80 pounds, 2 to a room, no charge. It has a swimming pool, a must have for my daughter. Katalin, if you have the where with-all to drive it, that's where we will be on Saturday night.

A pinwheel is the very easiest of appitizers to make. It is cream cheese blended with my 'secret ingredients' of pimento and seven seas dry Italian dressing. Then you spread it on a tortilla, roll it up, wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate to firm. Then slice it, and serve it. Voila!
Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Haley »

Ahhh! Haley is offically excited. Mom, are we bringing the pin wheels?
Lily! you better not wake me up when im asleep in the PT Bruiser...
=]
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Just as a reminder- all Indiana attendees need to remember a rabies certificate for admittance to the off leash park.

10-Day Forecast for
Lafayette, IN
[ English | Metric ]

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed
Mon
May 14 Sunny
85°/64° 10%
85°F

Protect Your Plants From the Heat
Tue
May 15 PM T-Storms
83°/51° 40%
83°F

Wed
May 16 Mostly Sunny
72°/47° 20%
72°F

Thu
May 17 Sunny
68°/46° 10%
68°F

Plan a Scenic Drive
Fri
May 18 Sunny
71°/51° 10%
71°F

Sat
May 19 Sunny
75°/55° 10%
75°F

Sun
May 20 Partly Cloudy
78°/57° 10%
78°F

Plan a Scenic Drive
Mon
May 21 Sunny
81°/61° 10%
81°F

Tue
May 22 Sunny
81°/60° 0%
81°F

10-Day Forecast for
Cleveland, OH
[ English | Metric ]

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed
Mon
May 14 Partly Cloudy
74°/62° 10%
74°F

Car Care Tips
Tue
May 15 Mostly Sunny
79°/55° 10%
79°F

Wed
May 16 Partly Cloudy
60°/47° 20%
60°F

Thu
May 17 Few Showers
58°/46° 30%
58°F

Protect Your Plants From the Heat
Fri
May 18 Sunny
65°/49° 10%
65°F

Sat
May 19 Partly Cloudy
67°/54° 10%
67°F

Sun
May 20 Isolated T-Storms
69°/56° 30%
69°F

Don't Forget Your Sunblock
Mon
May 21 Mostly Sunny
73°/58° 10%
73°F

Tue
May 22 Sunny
74°/59° 0%
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Woohoo!!! We are so excited!!!!!! I packed Special's bag yesterday!! :D

Audrey, thanks for the tip, I'll check out the Sheraton Independence.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

"Hewo, hewo" Spesh, the most Special,

it's JR . What kinda bag you got to take to doggie hotel.
Our Grandma bought us a blue one with doggies on the front. Our grandma loves her grandogs. Mom made her dinner yesterday and we sat next to her and she gave us "stuff" to eat!@!

Hurry up and get here Spesh! Cheyenne is praticing this this funny walk with her tail "swishing" back and she thinks that you will like that and maybe give her a little "kissy poo"...I give her enough kissies and sniffies already...don't know why she needs anymore?

You best buds...JR

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

Does anyone know what the park rules are about a puppy too young to have a rabies shot? I called the place where you pick up the day passes and the lady I talked to said all dogs had to have the shot. She suggested I contact the park. I have left a message on their machine and now I am just waiting for a return call.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

I just received a call back from the park. If any of the Chows are younger then 4 months they are not allowed in the fenced in area. She said it is in the rules on their site. I am going to try and see if I can tell how much of the area is fenced and read everything on the site.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Haley »

That's gunna stink if they wont let you inn. D=
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I never gave a thought about babies! I shouldn't worry about it. Chris has one child not old enough to go in, either. Plus, we will be picnicing right in the area. Neither us, nor our Chowdren will be able to sustain running around for hours on end. We will all be taking time outs under the roofed area.

This just in...I have heard from another mid-westerner who has caught Chowfest fever, and is going to be attending the Ohiofest on Sunday. He asks not to be identified at this time. He will also be bringing a friend who has a non-chow...I know, it happens. I will only say, that this is one of our beloved Chows (they all are, but some are real scene stealers).
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

We are still coming but Rao Shu just can't go in the fenced in area. He will just have to play with all his new chow friends in the other areas. Our little boys' name has also slightly changed. One of our favorite restraunts is chinese and we know the manager pretty well. When we went there last week I asked if we were saying his name right (which surprisingly we were) but she said that to have forgiveness you must first have love so she said what about the name Ai Shu. That is Love Forgive.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Woo Hoo! Only 3 days to go. Sophie can't wait. I am also bringing Sophie's "big" brother, Ty, my Shih Tzu. He will be staying on leash with me. He loves other people, but he can be a grump with other dogs. (Can we say yapper :roll:)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

May I just add, that if you haven't touched base with either Sharon, Chris, or myself in a while, please do so. Special treat bags and such are being put together by some attendees, and an accurate count would be great. Maps to follow this evening...

Chowchowdaddy, what is your real first name?
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh yes, yes. Audrey or Sharon, would one of you pm or email me the most UTD list of attendees so I can pack accordingly? :D WE CAN"T WAIT!!!!!! :D :D :D
___
JR, my bag is BLUE too! :D Mommy calls is it a backbag or something. All I know is it's blue and whenever mommy touches it, I am going somewhere GOOD! :D For the chowfest trip, I have two toys (a blue stuffed squeaky ball and my AKC duck-never leave home without it), some solid gold, tons of treats, my food and water bowls and of course a few baggies for restroom stops. :D Mommy si still planning on adding water bottles and such. Then they're be mommy and daddy's things (they do not pack as light as I do, because they take too many unnessary things that we chow chows have no need for!) :D Your grandma sounds wonderful and I cannot wait to see Cheyenne's special walk!! :D
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

Hi, chowchowdaddy here, but you can call me Mark if you have to. We'll be there Saturday morning, not sure what we're bringing (other than Ming and Tempest who are so excited they called me here in Salt Lake City to complain that time was going too slowly). But, we'll be bringing something good, I promise. Also, I'm running by the doggie bakery and picking up more stuff for the kids, too...
chris

Post by chris »

ahh man... I won't get to see who the "mystry" guest is... come on Auddy... tell us tell us... !!!!!!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: We will not be able to go to chowfest after all, hubby's vacation time got taken away from him. :cry:

I hope everyone has a great time at their chowfests, we'll be thinking about you all and living vicariously through you all! I whispered to Special how sorry I was and he is very, very upset that he can't go see all his friends. He doesn't undertsand why bag is packed and he's not going. :(
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Poor Special :cry: Have a great time everyone & drive safely. looking forward to pics :D
Thank you Elodie!
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

Somehow, Ming and Tempest snuck out of the house with my debit card and went wild at Three Dog Bakery. So, they're bringing things for all their new friends! If I let them out of the house, that is... :?
chris

Post by chris »

Auddy just walked into my room... she says HI EVERYONE!! :-)_

HEY.. Steel likes Auddy. :-)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Awwwwww!!! I hope you're all having a very wonderful time right now. Squishes to all the chows.