Southern (Alabama) Chowfest...Pics!

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Will you be at Bama's ChowFest?

Wild Chichuahuas couldn't keep me away!
60%
I can't get away from those wild Chihuahuas, sorry.
40%

Total votes: 15

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thank you all so much. I showed him all of your posts and he's grateful for all the support.

Yes, he spoke to both the corporate HR people and his own HR and they were quite rde. He said this time he's going to send a letter rather than call the hotline and see leaving a paper trail might get a little more respect.

Jerry, I think you're right. Intra-company politics are awful. :(
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Someone once told me that HR's job is to protect the company from the employees, so Lou's Switzerland analogy may not always hold up. You can bet that if this is a large company, they have an even larger HR Policies Manual.

I don't mean to be out of line here, but I'm guessing from your DH's name that he is probably not a SWAMI (straight, white, American, male individual). SWAMI's are the ONLY people it is still safe to mistreat with some impunity. Anyone else can claim discrimination and sue your butt into the next century! HR is generally WELL aware of that fact.

Unfortunately, once you go to war (or HR) with your manager, you gotta WIN. They don't accept surrender terms. They're still waiting in the tall grass for you later. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!! Then make copies!! If you have to leave the company, ask HR for a copy of everything in your files, and a copy of everything you have ever signed. It's not that you actually want all that stuff, but it scares the hell out of the HR Department. It says to them that you have talked to a lawyer, and are probably getting set up for a law suit. (I once got three months of pay and professional out-placement services because a friend told me to use that line. I already had another job lined up, but the three months of extra pay got me a nice skitrip in Austria. :lol: )
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL, yup, he's Hungarian too.

Those are fantastic points Jerry. He's been carfeul to document things and it's a great suggestion to tell them he wants copies of everything.

I was very dispapointed in the corporate HR office, I always thought they were suppossed to be the Switzerland of the company too, but that is not what we found. I gave them teh benfit of teh doubt thinking that maybe they get a lot of cases where people wrongfully accuse their bosses and that's where their attitude comes from, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Anyhow, we'll be thinking aout you all on Saturday. We hope you all have a wonderful time and please take lots of pics!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

If you really do have tickets, you should attend and have Istvan taxi or take a bus to work for the day or two. It will be sad he can't attend, but since the money is spent anyway, you should just go. Just something to think about.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL, we jsut said that to see if they'd let him go. We were going to drive down with Special D.
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

Kaitlin,

I'm sorry we won't be able to meet at this time. My husband is of Hungarian descent and would have enjoyed talking with yours. Hopefully we can get together some other time. We'll miss you.

Nita F.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Nita that would've been wonderful, he would've really enjoyed that!!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Hey, can we have a Betty brushing contest, see who can brush the most puppy coat out of Betty? :lol: I just gave her a bath and blew her dry, I must have gotten 10 pounds of fur off of her, and there is still probably twice that much! :shock: I brushed her a few times in the last week because I saw it starting to come out, but I had no idea it was coming out like that. I got most of it off her body and legs, but that mane is something else, I just thought it was dirt from where they roll her on the ground, it's dead puppy coat! :lol:

Buddy is gonna be upset that I am taking his girl friend Lulu away for the day, they are seriously in love with each other right now! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Getting close now...Sher, don't get so excited you pee yourself...wait, that was for Colonel...or was it? I can see you making poor Mark crazy with the final preparations, or is he hiding at work? Probably easier to land an airplane then be around a woman making last minute preparations. Relax, take a belt of elixor...good, now again... :lol: :lol: :lol:
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Hello all heading for Southern Chowfest. Mark here to give a last minute update. Sherill had plan to place signs from the Jameson Inn to our place to help lead the way. Our city will not allow any sign along side the roads, so... we did not set up the signs. If you need directions from Jameson Inn, please PM us and we will shoot you direction.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh I would LOVE to brush Betty for you Sam :biggergrin: Should I bring some cheese and make friends first?? :lol: :lol: Ok I was going to wear a black shirt so the black and gray hair wouldn't show up so good, so maybe I should bring a light shirt so the Betty hair won't show so much but then the black and gray hair will show.....OH what is a girl to do????? Ya'll don't care if I get hairy do you???? :laughloud:
Whats a Chow Fest without a lil' multi colored fur??? :lol: :lol: Maybe I should eat first huh??

Thanks Sweetpea!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I think Sherill already sent us directions to your place from the Jameson Inn and I wrote them down......emmmmm that doesn't mean I won't call you though:oops:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Vicster, Betty is black, so your attire will be perfect! :lol: You can brush on her till you wear out the brush for all I care, and Betty likes the attention. Her registered name is Red Dragon's Black Bette. :lol: You can brush LuLu when you get done with Betty, but you will have to bring a change of clothes, LuLu is a real light cinnamon. :lol:
Sam

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Won't I be PURTY???? :lol: :lol: Only if you sit and sniff Kyra for me :laughloud:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Oh, the one that stinks! :roll: No thanks! :lol:
Sam

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Hey, now I don't think your getting the stinkin' end of this deal.....you sniff stinky and I groom your two beauties.....not a bad deal....if NOT shes sittin' by you when you eat your BarbieQ :laughloud:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Man, I hope it don't rain, nothin worse than sittin next to a wet smelly dog! :lol: Is Barbie coming? 8) OK, you can just brush Betty if you leave stinky in the car. :P
Sam

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

It'll be alright Sam, you know I have to ride in the car with her stinkin' butt so I bathed and groomed her :lol: :lol: It is a good thang it ain't gonna rain though :lol: :lol: I'm bringing a Laurie but you can call her Barbie if you want :roll: She may not answer you though :biggergrin:

Thanks Sweetpea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Is Sam going to be the official chow sniffer for chow fest? :lol:

Colonel's conditioner makes him smell,
"a lot like flowers"! :D

..........Mr. Hanky
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

AWWWWW Kearra LOVES flowers :-oo
NAAAA not unless he wants too??? :biggergrin:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hey all you Southern folk......Have a great chowfest.
Give all of the chowdren kissies and huggies from this Northern clan.

Momma Sharon, The JR's and The Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Benny ]):) reporting.

We have Jerryo and all the stuff in the car and we are HEADING EAST!!!

CHOW TIME!!!

Benny ]):) , Adjutant Chow
Lady :o) , Party Girl
JerryO 8-} , cause we can't reach the peddles with our paws
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

On our way to Alabama! See ya there.

Nita, Marty, and Mimi
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Kearra & Kyra here.....Anybody seen Benny and his Lady friend????? We are looking for them!!!
We think we are going to head East over to Ms. and see if we see them there....and then OH BOY!!! \:D/ \:D/ We are so EXCITED!!!!
ALABAMIE HERE WE COME!!!!
Sweet Home Alabama!!
Sweet Home Alabama!!!
Where The Sky's Are So Blue~~
:-oo \:D/
\
We hope EVERYONE has a Wonderful Chow Fest!!!
We have the camera charged and ready :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Hope we "talk" to you tomorrow! Have fun. Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea