Southern (Alabama) Chowfest...Pics!

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Will you be at Bama's ChowFest?

Wild Chichuahuas couldn't keep me away!
60%
I can't get away from those wild Chihuahuas, sorry.
40%

Total votes: 15

jerryo

Post by jerryo »

We aren't really sure what's going on with Benny. His liver enzymes are very elevated, but his liver function tests were ok. He has put on alot of weight, but that may have been from an overactive food bowl. He is on Nutro Lite now, and fewer snacks. He has always liked a good nap, but was unusually sleepy at ChowFest. Some of that may have been from a 12 hour drive and doing guard duty in a strange place all night. (He slept across the door of the tent.) Some of it may have been sensory overload from all the activity at ChowFest. He definatly snaped out of it when LuLu walked in. His nose was in her butt every step, until he found out nothing was gonna be happening. Too many dang bipeds around. Then he went back to sleep. :lol:

He has also lost all his canine teeth recently. He was drooling excessively and had loose stools, but that's stopped now. Except for the liver issues, the vet says he is OK. It may all just be hyperchronology, since we don't know how old he really is.

The booboo on the eye is just a place that he scratched, and it got a tiny bit of infection for a few days. No big problem.

All the best to you and Special Dark. We missed you guys at ChowFest. Benny wanted to get SD checked out on the suspended animation technique. :D
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Jerryo, I hope Benny feels better soon.
He did "perk" up when LuLu came on the scene!
So did Colonel! :lol:
Colonel slept for two days after chowfest!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Thanks Bama. I think he's feeling OK, although he is still napping his usual 20 hours a day. :D He was probably just a pooped out puppy from all the excitement. I seem to remember that he wasn't a real social butterfly at ChowFun 2007 either.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I think Benny is just an ol' Southern Gentleman and needs his rest......except when a HEALTHY BABE' walks by(that is) :lol: :lol:
He does act like he is up in years, but I'm glad the Vet says he is OK. LuLu perked him up so he still got some life left in him, you would of thought he was a teenagers there for a minute :lol: :lol:
Katalin, we sure missed you and Special....hope you get to come next time :D

Thanks Sweetpea!
Timbersmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Timbersmom »

Jerry, hope your Benny feels better soon. When Don saw pics and the Benny rug, he thought Benny looked like a retired king. I think so too, such chow dignity.

I'm trying to pull my few pictures of chowfest out to share--don't do this often so here's the first:

If this works I'll add the rest.
Timbersmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Timbersmom »

That picture above was left to right: Sherill & Colonel, Laurie, Vickie, and Marty.

And then there's:

Vicki's pretty little Kyra, enjoying her fan

Handsome Colonel

Just relaxing (Vicki & Sherril)

Sherill's lapdog, Colonel (with Kyra looking on)

Mark & Jerry getting help from Timber & Lady at the BBQ

It was SO MUCH FUN and I wish I would have gotten more, but so many of the pictures I took were lost because of the camera failing on me. We'll just have to do it again!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Kyra and that fan!!! :laughloud:
Sherill, I think Kyra liked your fan, not sure but I think she did :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Jerry, I sure hope Benny feels better soon. I'm glad his levels are okay, what a series of mysterious things.

Special would've loved to demonstrate his suspensed animation technique for approval by Benny. I think that he would've been glad to join in "rug-like behavior" also, that is hi m.o. to a tee! :D

Thanks Vicki and Jerry, I sure hope we cna go next time.

The photos are excellent.

I just love that Kyra loved that fan so much. It's hilarious, it's like she just discovered teh greatest invention there ever was. So no furniture chewing Vicki? :wink: I guess my dream was a bust! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Nope no furniture chewin' :lol: :lol: Why chew on furniture when you can lay in front of Sherill's fan :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

OOPs and her other pass time was aggrevating Naomi...who was a bit sassy so Kyra loved to make her fuss at her....seemed the more she got sassy the more Kyra aggrevated her (you could tell she thought it was great fun) :roll: :lol: :lol: Then back to her fan :lol: :lol: Kyra is a personality and half :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thanks for sharing your ChowFest with us! It took a while for me to get through all the photos and video, but what a great day you all had at Bama's! JerryO, I heard you talking about us on one of the videos! I hope Benny feels better. Perhaps his medicine made him sleepy, or the smells of the woods were intoxicating. Sweet fellow! Miss PB says it's because she was not there and Benny was sad because she did not show up!

So the Northern Californian's have ChowFest Fever, the Ohio folk have ChowFest Fever, the Mid-Westerner's have ChowFest Fever... what say you southerner's?! Are you ready for another ChowFest?! While you take a moment to answer that, can you pass the pralines over here to me, please?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I cannot believe you having chowfest without us. :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
but it looks like it was loads of fun. Look at all those wonderful chowlings. I would have loved to have been there. We are sad we missed. I would have loved loved loved to have seen Naomi all grown up.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Hi everyone! Just a note to let you know that I am finishing copying the photo CD's today and will have them in the mail shortly! Sorry it has taken me a few days longer than I said it would. Busy weekend in real estate for me and negotiating a contract for a quick closing next week. (Red Dragon, I have not forgotten about you. Still looking and asking around. Have not come up with anything good to tell you about yet..... )
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Lou, I think Miss Pooh Bear may be on to something. Benny only woke up when LuLu came in, so he may have mistaken her for Miss PB until he realized she was much taller. He lives in the woods, so it probably wasn't that, and he has taken the MetaCam before. The good news is that he just had another blood test and one of his liver enzymes is back to normal, and the other is still high but it has dropped to the point where it can be read on the scale now. His weight is also down to 73 from 86, and his chin has dried up finally. Fall is in the air, so that probably helps too.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

=D= \:D/ WAY TO GO BENNY!!!! I'm so glad to hear he is doing better!!!! [:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Wow, I missed this, incredible pictures, I am soo jealous. It looks like everyone had a blast. The chow kids all look so wonderful as do their trained hoomans. Thanks for posting the pictures. Vicster have you lost weight? Bama, I like your look better now than the drag queen picture. Yoshi says he is sure the twirly thing made the party! Benny I am so glad you are feeling better

dogdad
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I'm so glad Benny's doing better. I hope all his levels are back to normal really soon. The hardest part must be not knowing where this coming from, give him lots of snuggles from me!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh Dogdad, what a NICE thing to say :biggergrin: Nope I've gained weight but thanks for askin'!!! :lol: You must be thinkin' about another one of Bama's pics, shes the one that lost weight don't ya think??? :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Jerryo, glad to hear Benny is on the mend!!

Dogdad, I had to change my look for chowfest, the drag
queen get up scared all the chowdren!

Vicki, thank you for posting a photo with me smiling!
I know that was hard to find! I am usually smiliing, really! :P :P
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!