Southern (Alabama) Chowfest...Pics!

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Will you be at Bama's ChowFest?

Wild Chichuahuas couldn't keep me away!
60%
I can't get away from those wild Chihuahuas, sorry.
40%

Total votes: 15

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Naomi your pictures and videos are just amazing. Everyone has such beautiful babies!
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Wow! Wonderful pictures and captions \:D/
and I saw the mason jar y'all were drinkin' from :wink: ...
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Missi,
Beautiful, wonderful photos and videos...I so enjoyed them!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Those are all great photos Missi, you did a really good job with the camera! :D
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Missi,
I agree GREAT PICS!!! Those are the first really good ones I've seen of Kearra :D
They ALL came out good!! Thank You for being our photographer for the day :D :D
Kyra and that fan just cracks me up :lol: :lol: Just about every pic of her she isn't far enough away from it that her fur isn't still blowin' :lol: :lol:

Sherill, ever since I got Kyra I've thought she walked funny couldn't quite put my finger on what or who she looked like......I think your right about John Wayne :lol: :lol:

bcmnh

Thanks Sweetpea!
Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

Missi,

Love all the pictures and videos. At the time you realize you are surrounded by a wonderful group of people and Chows, but seeing the pictures and videos really makes you appreciate them all over again!

Mimi was laying on the floor beside me when she heard you calling her name on the video. She stood up and started watching the video with me while woofing to answer you. So funny! And I love the picture of Marty and Mimi. Thanks so much!

Nita, Marty, & Mimi
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Thank you so much everyone for your sweet compliments!

Southern Chowfesters, if you would like a CD copy of all the photos from the weekend please PM me you first and last name with your mailing address and I will try to get those out this week.
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

Such wonderfull pictures and videos!!! I am SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!! Maybe next year I can work some overtime hours and get the money together to fly us out to the next one. I'm in Colorado and pretty far away from most of you so it would more than likely have to be a flight but I will definately see what I can do!!

Julia
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
jerryo

Southern Chow Command Visit Report

Post by jerryo »

To: Exhausted Leader Steel, w/ copies to all Chows

Subject: Visit to Southern Chow Command Headquarters 13 Oct 07

Per our previous discussions I conducted a personal visit to Colonel's base at In-a-van-down-by-the-river, Al, and met with Colonel and several of the Southern Chow Pack. I was pleased to find that:
1) Despite his shakey start, Colonel now seems to have his bipeds under control, and their training is progressing nicely. While I am not 100% sure we are through the "pictures in funny costumes" problem, I do think we can stop worrying about any more shots of The Colonel in pink beds in the French Poodle Quarter surfacing. I can now recommend that The Colonel be confirmed as leader of the Southern Pack, subject to your approval.
2) Naomi has done an exceptional job of training her biped in photo reconnissance (see pictures above). I recommend that she be assigned to work with Major Lily at Special Intelligence Chows / Emergency Management (SIC-EM).
3) The captive Twirly Thang is still being held at In-a-van-down-by-the-river. After completing the exercise program designed by Sophie "M" and her research staff, all Southern Chow Command Personnel are now imune to the effects of Twirly Thangs.
4) All Chows in attendance are exceptional examples of the highest standards of Chowdom, and have their bipeds totally subjected to their every whim, just as it should be.
5) The suspended animation technique still needs some more development by "M"s Chows. Colonel and I tested it, as you can see in the pictures. It is effective, up to a point. We were successful in guarding the beer cooler with a minimum of effort for quite awhile by simulating sleep, but then we actually went to sleep.

I have now returned to Ft, Piney Woods knowing the South is in good paws.

On a personal note -- Thanks to The Colonel, Molly, Princess Buttercup and their bipeds for a great visit.

Benny ]):)
Adjutant Chow
Ft. Piney Woods Chow Center
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Auddymay,
I don't reckon I know for whiched video yor speaking of??
Most of us did have a southern drawl, except Kathy, Timber's Mom. Plus, we kinda poured it the accent that day! :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It was Colonel, woofin' at Naomi! Got Pip's attention, and she woofed back!
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Well it seems that there were so many pictures I posted on page 7 that some of them just weren't showing up, so I thought I would move Naomi's pics to page 8 instead.

As promised!!! NAOMI!!!!

Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

AWWWW I LOVE the one of her resting her head on the rail!!! AWWWWW!!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Missi, your photos are amazing! I love your use of light, they are all glamour shots. Can't believe how big Naomi has gotten, she is beautiful.
I spent the whole weekend dreaming of chows and cheesy grits, glad you guys had such a good time. Wish I had been there.

Sophie devoted a large part of the weekend sulking and honing her zen inspired suspended animation technique....

"Must conserve energy to eradicate squirrels. Resist temptation to zoom. Be one with the floor, Benny. Be one with the shoe, the shooosssnnnnkkkzzzzz....."
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Those photographs (I agree with Larry) are beautiful and I felt like I was there in the videos, Missi.
courtsey of Sweetpea
chris

Post by chris »

awwww... I love the last one of Naomi :-)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Anyone else spot the twirly in Naomi's rail photo? (hehe)
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Nope.
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

that twirly thang is in pictures 3 and 4 of Missi...
yep, she is a gorgeous girl these days!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Thet Twirly Thang mysteriously appears in several photos.....hmmmm?
I believe it is a para-normal energy!
Maybe, we should call in some ghost busters?
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Timbersmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Timbersmom »

Whew! I finally had time to sit down and add my 2 cents.
I had so much fun!!! It was an idyllic weekend for an unforgettable Southern Chowfest in the loveliest of settings. Sherill, Mark & Colonel--THANK YOU for sharing your beautiful home! You were outstanding hosts/hostess & made us all so comfortably welcome. For those of you who couldn't be there picture this: We were relaxing and sipping out of various containers (such as those alleged mason jars with their curious brew) and eating plenty, sitting on the the deck of Sherill & Mark's home built in the woods overlooking a winding river on their own little mountain top in the Appalacian foothills. It was truly gorgeous and such a time to remember.
Missy, your photos are wonderful & really captured some of the best. I took some pictures too which I will try to add, but my camera malfunctioned and ruined some great shots of a great time so I am so glad we have all of your pictures to keep. Still, as soon as I reremember how to post a pic I will add what I've got.
I loved meeting you all! I would travel again in a minute to get together like that.
So many chows in so little space--and it all went so well!
And of course the food was absolutely delicous! I'm a northerner transplanted in the south and never had a chance to experience all of that before--I just kept going back for more. Sherill, I would still love to have that vinegar pie recipe! And Sam,there were cookies???
Timber says hi to her lovely sister Keara. Vicki, how incredible to have discovered our two youngsters have the same father! Yes, it really IS a small world!! And now we'll just have to get them together again. New Orleans is not really too far--we will do it!
It was a wonderful time. I loved seeing you all and laughing and eating, and just plain relaxing.
I'll try to get those pictures up now--not many of them but captured a few moments.

Kathy
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Sounds like the perfect chowfest. Good friends, good furkids, great setting.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Kathy,
Whenever you want to head over to the Big Easy you just give me a call :D :D We would LOVE to hang out with you and the BEAUTIFUL Timber!!!
I think we should e-mail Anderson Chows and let them know how ODD it is we ran into each other.....since Kearra and Timber ARE THE ONLY ONE she has had to have Displasia........ :twisted: :twisted: Wonder how many more are sufferin' because of her :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Awesome pictures and video!!!! I so wish we were there, but you made us feel like we were! :D It looks like it was an absolutely perfect day!!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I keep menaing to say how gorgeous all the chows are! It looks like they were all so relaxed around eahc other too, that is so wonderful!!

Jerry, what happened to Benny's little eye? I read in one of the other posts that you were concerned that benny was lethargic at chowfest, I may have just missed a post somewhere, but is something going on with him? Is eveyrthing okay? I hope so! Hugs to him and his lovely sister.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea