Special Event: ChowFest 2007 - Northern CA

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Can you make it to Northern California's ChowFest 2007 - Sunday, JULY 22, 2007?

Yes (identify yourself through posting)
81%
No (identify yourself through posting)
19%

Total votes: 21

Zhuyos mom

Special Event: ChowFest 2007 - Northern CA

Post by Zhuyos mom »

SWANCIN wrote:
Lou wrote:
Layla wrote: Ohhhhhh, I could look into flying to that. it's only a 2 hr dircct flight to SF. Not sure how long to drive. Is that the weekend before Memorial weekend as well? Oh, and when is that? I'm not caught up on these US holidays yet :?
ChowFest 2006 was held in late July. We're open to all ideas and dates. We just have to be weather cautious since it can be unpredictable in our part of the world - rain then sun, sun then rain... It's quite a long drive. My friend use to live in Oregan the Portland area and her husband liked driving so they would head to the Bay Area for family stuff, took them 12 hours I believe. If you fly, we'll pick you up. No problem - land either at SFO or San Jose. Maybe a train ride would be a nice adventure and maybe they allow chows. PM me if you are interested. I don't want to hijak Auddymay's efforts too much.
Sorry Auddy - hijack..... Lou-Just wanted to post to all the NorCal/WA/OR people - I'm TOTALLY open to have "NorCal" Chowfest 2007 at our house again. I think it worked well for ChowFun @ Kodi's, don't you?
It certainly did work well! It was alot of fun. Now what if we go over the maximum amount of chows? When would be a good time for you, Cindy? June, July, August?
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi Lou, thanks for starting a new one (again, Sorry Auddy for the hijack of yours).

Maximum amount of chows??? No such thing! :wink: I'm thinking June or by Mid-July. I have A/C now (as of last Sept after that horrible; by Calif standards; heat wave) too.

PS - if your chows love loads of treat action, then this is their kind of event:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7 ... IZuXLhs2aq (pictured: Leo's Mum and Dad and from left to right, Teddie's rear, Boogie, Kodi, Lady and Leo)
Last edited by SWANCIN on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

yeaaaa! =D= =D= =D= =D=

Let's see what Karen, Chika and the others on the steering committee think. He, he... steering committee :postit-wink: !
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

Love to meet other Chow Chow parents!
Aslanchow
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Cindy!! You are too kind!!! Kodi's Place is the BESTEST place to have a Chowgathering. ChowFun was in honour of our Texas Contingent, Benny, Lady & JerryO, IF anyone is coming our way, like Big Trucker with his new blond partner, Hallie, it would be nice to have them as guests of honour. Hopefully, Big Baby LEO wouldn't have to time-out on daddy's lap too often like last time....(Did you find the spring roll I managed to drop on the floor at ChowFun? Sorry, this is a PM subject, but it's been bugging me ever since....)

Love,
Leonora & mum & dad
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Springroll... let it go Leo's Mum, let it go. Besides, if Cindy did not find it, I'm sure Kodi did!

Aslan's parent, did you know there is an Azlan (with a "Z") trying to find his forever home? He originally came from your neck of the woods... was rescued from HSSV (Humane Society of Silicon Valley). I went to visit him yesterday and he's georgeous! Here's the link: http://chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4387&start=0

We'd love to meet you at ChowFest 2007!
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

Azlan is a beautiful boy! I will tell people about him and hope to find him a home.

Aslan's mommy
Anita :D
Aslanchow
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

wish i could come :cry:
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

LEO's mum wrote:Did you find the spring roll I managed to drop on the floor at ChowFun? Sorry, this is a PM subject, but it's been bugging me ever since....)

Love,
Leonora & mum & dad
Yup, we (Kodi) found the spring roll :lol: :lol: :lol: (smack, yummy!) :p

Chika, no worries! :wink:
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Count me in! Hopefully, being the crazy handyperson that I am, I won't Faw Down and go Big Boom as I did in October and get laid up for 3 months :roll: I'm almost healed and pretty soon the physical therapist will allow me to pick up Sheena and Troy again and go places. Crazy me took them to the park for 2 days and then the vets and sprained my already sprained shoulder while picking them up. :( I just started being able to walk up and down stairs again for the first time today! Yippee! Not that I'm anxious to do that! :roll: Still need to build up more strength in my knees, back...restoring health is never ending but then I'm not complaining since everything is a gettin' restored. I find I'm just impatient. :wink:

Love to meet all the new people and hope Aslan and Jake come. Can't wait to see Leo, Pooh Bear, Kodi, Shiloh...it would be great to see everyone again! \:D/
Jennifer & Sheena
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

You see, Leo's Mum, I told you no worries! What a tasty snack for Kodi, a chicken egg roll! I remember catching Teddie noshing on the bread for the dips. I moved the platter to the other end of the table. When we all left and I took home a bag of snacks for my drive home, I realized the bread that I just woofed down was the bread Teddie was enjoying earlier that day!

Janet, you can come! Maybe your new job has some "buying" that needs to be done here in San Francisco or the bay area? I see a business trip in the summer for ya!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Ewwww.....Lou ate off of the same bread as Teddie. :biggergrin:

We would love to come to Chowfest again. Our summer schedule is full of sports but hopefully we will be able to make it. I would hate to deprive Lou of sharing a meal with Teddie again.
chris

Post by chris »

We could go Janet.. (ROAD TRIP)... come swing by me in Wisconsin... and off we go.. we could stop in the black hills and check out the sites... then how about yellow stone... and then and then.. OH OH.. maybe we should take a short jog over to Vegas... :D
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Not sure if I did this right - answering the poll and posting - :roll: complicated for me!
We're there! The earlier or later, please - last July's extreme temps was a stretch for us!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Later is better for me as I have to go home (to London) in June. I'm all excited about it \:D/
Thank you Elodie!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

That is about the time I will be driving with Ivana and my oldest from Georgia to Washington State. But unfourtuntaly California is not on the way... Too bad I wish I could meet you all.:( But maybe someday.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
mikkabear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ready for chowfestive action!

Post by mikkabear »

We'll be there as long as it is not 4th of July weekend (the weekend before)! What city?

FYI no gophers were harmed in the making of this picture....
Natasha
and
Cue
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Actually RedAngie, it's not that far out of your way. If you are taking I-40 across to I-5 north, it's just a short hop over to the Bay Area. Having been to their last ChowFun, I'd say it's WELL worth it. :D
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

This would be SO much fun! San Francisco is about an hour or so south of me. :D Sid and I haven't traveled that FAR yet so I'm not sure how he would handle the trip.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Hey RedAngie,

I just rechecked the trip planning software and if you take I-20 to I-10 to I-5 it's only 67 miles farther from WR to Seattle to go through Northern California and hit the ChowFest. You can make some really good time on that route, too. I made Dallas to San Jose in under 30 hours of drive time in Jan/Feb. From El Paso to Los Angeles, its 80 on cruise control all the way. Enjoy ChowFest. :D
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I really, really wish that we could go but CA is just too far right now, we couldn't get enough time off from work to drive that far. I really wish I could meet all you west coast members and all your sweet, sweet chows!!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Thanks, Jerryo I will have to see if I can squeeze this in then. Oh, that would be so much fun. And how cool to get to go to both east and west coast chowfests???
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Unless my life had a sudden positive change, it would be impossible for me to go. It sounds lovely, though. We will have to see the video when it comes out...any video-ers going to the big one?
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

For those who replied yes, please PM your private e-mail address to a member of the ChowFest 2007 Northern California steering committee. Again, we are in the pre-plan mode. Providing us with your private e-mail address will allow us to correspond with you directly when plans for the ChowFest have been determined, as well as provide you with the specifics.

ChowFest 2007 Northern Califoria Steering Committee:

Swancin (Kodi's Mom)
Kingalls (Shiloh and Mr. N's Mom)
Leosmum (Leonora's Mum)
Zhuyos mom (Miss Pooh Bear's, as well as the fabulous Zhuyo's, mom)

Additionally, future ChowFest 2007 Northern California details will be found in the Special Events section of the forum.

Thank you very much!

ImageImageImageImage
Chowfest 2006
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I love the photos. Nice looking chows, I love the umbrella/shelter photo.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI