Special Event: ChowFest 2007 - Northern CA

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Can you make it to Northern California's ChowFest 2007 - Sunday, JULY 22, 2007?

Yes (identify yourself through posting)
81%
No (identify yourself through posting)
19%

Total votes: 21

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

sit_by_the_beach wrote:... I love the umbrella/shelter photo.
Karin
That was their private "cabana's".
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

:cry: Chi-Ching and parents want to come SOOOOO badly!! But unfortunately with baby due in the end of July/beginning of Aug. we can't go too far away.

But we are hoping that you will have one next year because we would LOVE to come!!!!!
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Lou, you were reading my mind again :wink: I was just thinking about reviving the interest in this! Again, mi casa chow casa! :lol: :lol:
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Note the poll question, a date has been picked.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Yay, Millie & I will be there :D I'll start planning that one out now. Woo Hoo, how exciting!
Thank you Elodie!
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

YAY \:D/ I'll be a comin' with Sheena and Troy! Can't wait to see all of you again and all those I haven't seen before. This is always so exciting!
Jennifer & Sheena
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

If memory serves, it was blistering hot that day. The little shelters from the sun were probably welcomed!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Auddymay, we have the luxury of microclimates here in the Bay Area. We are considering going coastside this year to avert an inferno day. However, last year was a fluke weather pattern all year round and the chances of having two 3 digit weather in a row at the same place are nill. But, we are considering an ocean breeze venue as one of the potential spots.

Just a few more weeks for your wild weekend!! How exciting!!!

You know, if you want to come to ours, Cindy found an airlines that originates from Ohio and will fly you roundtrip for only $60.00!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

A special note from Miss Pooh Bear, Miss Shiloh, Miss Kodi, Miss Leonora and Mr. N

Attention: Bay Area ChowFesters!!!

We have a date: Sunday, July 22nd

We have a place: A Golden Gate Regional Park in San Francisco

Our mom's need your personal e-mail addresses so they can provide you with the specifics (time, exact spot and directions, etcetera). If you haven't already PM'd your e-mail address to a "steering committee" member :roll:, this is a friendly reminder.

Spread the word and see you in July!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh! We cannot come! But we could send some Gravy Bones and some Schmackos!
We love Gravy Bones and Schmackos!
Guess what everyone, we want to tell you a secret but you must not tell Lou and Miss PB that we have told you but the Chowfest in San Francisco is just after Miss PB's Mommy's birthday!
Oh! Oh! don't tell them that we told you! :-$ :-$ [:D] [:D]
Hee!Hee!

Love from Milly and Mabel.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Attention, All NorCal'ers!!! Don't forget - SAVE THE DATE - 7/22/07

Please contact a "Steering Committee Member" soon. It'll be the best Cali-Chowfest yet (except for the original, inspired by Lord Zhuyo [:D] - of course).

From Lou:
For those who replied yes, please PM your private e-mail address to a member of the ChowFest 2007 Northern California steering committee. Again, we are in the pre-plan mode. Providing us with your private e-mail address will allow us to correspond with you directly when plans for the ChowFest have been determined, as well as provide you with the specifics.

ChowFest 2007 Northern Califoria Steering Committee:

Swancin (Kodi's Mom)
Kingalls (Shiloh and Mr. N's Mom)
Leosmum (Leonora's Mum)
Zhuyos mom (Miss Pooh Bear's, as well as the fabulous Zhuyo's, mom)

Additionally, future ChowFest 2007 Northern California details will be found in the Special Events section of the forum.

Thank you very much!
Cindy & Kodi

tekendall
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tekendall »

I'll be coming to the N. Cal chowfest too! Can't wait to meet everybody.
chowteam
Rank 0
Rank 0

CHOWFEST!!!!!

Post by chowteam »

:D Buffy, Al (husband) and I can't wait for Chowfest! I've passed the information along to John, who ultimately adopted Buttercup, the Missing in Daly City Girl. BC is now called "Dax," after a character on Star Trek Deep Space Nine. The character is apparently a super glamorous alien.

Best,

Jean
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Jadzia Dax looked really good, especially considering that she was over 300 years old and used to be a man. Ezri Dax, not so much. :D It was also the name of the main character in the Harold Robbins novel The Adventurers.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Milly and Mabel Fox wrote:... we want to tell you a secret but you must not tell ...
gOTcha My Beautiful SIL's!!!

It's me, Miss Pooh Bear!

I only have a moment to use the computer. My house guest is ill and she is resting in the room here.

Oh, I wish you can come to our ChowFest in July! Since my "gotcha date" (inspired term by my bff, Kodi) is next week and our house guest is not feeling well, Mommy said I could celebrate my birthday and my "gotcha date" at ChowFest. Mr. Branson's aeroplane touches down our airport everyday now. Would you like me to send you a ticket? Unfortunately, I heard the Magic Carpet filed Chapter 13 earlier this year. So just tell me, okay?!

Oh Ms. Buffy! It will be so nice to meet you. I saw your pictures when Dax BC was just named Buttercup. Oh Dax BC will be an exquisite Dax. If Benny were to come up and join us he would "hubba-hubba"! Hello, Benny!

Okay, gotta go!

Hugs and kisses,
:x Miss Pooh Bear

Oh, Sid and Mikka Bear, we need your personal e-mail addresses, fyi!
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

As usual, Miss Pooh Bear, you are absolutely right. I loved meting you at ChowFun at Kodi's, and would LOVE to be at ChowFest!! I'll keep trying to talk JerryO into it, but I think Lady's human girl from California is coming to visit us then, so we may have to attend in spirit. But you know how spirited we Chows can be. :D

Our time together at ChowFun will always be one of my cherished memories. :inlove:

Benny ]):)

ps: That treats lady you brought was nice, too! [:D]
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh! It is us Milly and Mabel. We don't want to come on Mr. Branson's plane - we are going to wait for Steel to fix his plane.
He will fix it one day. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I don't even know how I missed this but somehow I did. I obviously don't spend enough time in this section. :oops:

Yes, we would love to attend Chowfest. I am not sure how Boogie and Teddie will behave because we will be getting home from Hawaii on that Friday and they will have spent 10 days with someone. (I haven't found anyone yet so if you know of any inexpensive house and petsitters in the North Bay, please let me know.)

Golden Gate Park sounds like a fun place to have it too. Boogie likes to go and watch the Buffalo there. This will be Teddie's first time there.
tonkachowchow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tonkachowchow »

Yes! Tonka (and steve) want to come...We want to invite our friend Houdini (a french bulldog) to come with us too.

This picture was taken at the end of April - right before tonka's haircut!!! He's still cute, but...

see ya!!
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

We'll just be able to drop in quick like but we'll be there!!! Kasper hasn't seen the beach yet, hope he likes it as much as the sprinklers!!
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! ChowFest 2007 - Northern California is ready to begin!!!

Evites have been sent to all who provided their personal e-mail addresses to the steering committee. If you have not received it yet and did provide us with your e-mail addy's, please check your "junk mail folders" or "unsure of content" folders. Please also take note regarding The Official ChowFest 2007 - Northern California web site link. It is equally important to view the web site.

As Zhu would say "HahahaRooooop!"
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Attn: Calling CHERIEKYNB and MIKKABEAR !

Post by SWANCIN »

Just wanted to add that I have PM's into Cheri (Sid's Mom) and Mikkabear for their email addys. You'd expressed an interest in attending, so we'd need your email for the evite.

Thanks!

Zhuyos mom wrote:Hear Ye! Hear Ye! ChowFest 2007 - Northern California is ready to begin!!!

Evites have been sent to all who provided their personal e-mail addresses to the steering committee. If you have not received it yet and did provide us with your e-mail addy's, please check your "junk mail folders" or "unsure of content" folders. Please also take note regarding The Official ChowFest 2007 - Northern California web site link. It is equally important to view the web site.

As Zhu would say "HahahaRooooop!"
Cindy & Kodi

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I got the evite but can't view the website for some unknown (probably something to do with me) reason. Can a steering type of person help me :oops:
Thank you Elodie!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Layla wrote:I got the evite but can't view the website for some unknown (probably something to do with me) reason. Can a steering type of person help me :oops:
What exactly is happening to not allow you access? Anyone else having problems with the site?
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Zhuyos mom wrote:
Layla wrote:I got the evite but can't view the website for some unknown (probably something to do with me) reason. Can a steering type of person help me :oops:
What exactly is happening to not allow you access? Anyone else having problems with the site?
Yup, just won't let me view it. I've tried a few times but.... Could you Pm me the URL & I'll try directly rather than through the evite. May work better?
Thank you Elodie!