east coast chow fest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

east coast chow fest

Post by janet »

ok guys.this is for all of you eastern chow parents.we have to start thinking about our eastcoast chowfest.or as my son said, "the chowapalooza".lol.the weather is getting really nice. i cant wait to meet all the furkids.yeah the humans too.lol. any ideas??? where?? im probably the furthest east so i know i have to drive a bit. luna and mr bigz love the car anyway.
come on guys, lets get this started, before it gets too hot and humid. im so excited about this.
pennsylavania?? joisy?? delaware??? ...........................
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

sure wish i had the time and money to run up there [ where ever ] I'd like for this Colorado Mt Chow who came down country to the woods of tennesee to Meet A NeU Yaker Chow,

I fugure we are invited cause the way we think anything east of the Big Muddy is EAST COAST ..

all are welcome here on arrangement , camping on the ground anytime and plenty good walking to be had , LBL on the KY/TN line
michael
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

We're in! You made an excellent point, we need to do this before it gets hot and humid. Maybe we can see who's interested and then we can look at where all the interested parties resdie and decide on a central loctaion based on that?
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Janet, Ever sence you wrote joisy?? on your post, now every time I read anything you post I read it with this hard core nazel new Jersy accent. So do you sound like Sylvester Stallone in rocky or Andrew Dice clay when you read our post. sorry couldn't think of any females to compare.

I use to have a neighbor on Maui that was from New Jersy we were good friends but his accent drove me crazy, I use to tell him Blow your nose and speak english.

Nothing wrong with having an accent, one person even created an Arizona accent for me. huh Chris.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

lol jeff. as a matter of fact people dont think i was born in ny. i dont say wauda, i say water. i dont say cawfy i say coffee. lol. i even say chocolate the way it is written.
lol.lol. i only said joisy cause thats the way i hear it from all the wanna be wise guys in brooklyn.
but ill let you have your picture.lmao.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

No actually I saw your picture, it would have been the New Jersy accent the ruined the image. Did that sound right, it was supposed to be a compliment.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

why thanx jeff. lol. are you goin soft??????? lmao.
do californians have accents?? you definatley cant go by the govenor yah??? "i say ve nuter ahhnd spay all ov zeze poppies". lol.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

why thanx jeff. lol. are you goin soft??????? lmao.

No way, thats why I have to double check when I do say something nice.

Yep all us Californians sound exactly like Schwarzenegger

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

lol. gotcha. why dont you and pekoe do a cross country and come to the east coast chowapalooza. bring the whole fsmily it will be a blast. we can watch pekoe make a liar out of you.lmao. he's probably the biggest pussycat.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Jeff&Peks wrote: Yep all us Californians sound exactly like Schwarzenegger
yuk, gross, I could never stand that man, not as an actor, now a politishion? I'd move. I don't like the translation of that name either, racist.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Cali used to be where the whole Valley Girl thing orginated. Like omg could you imagine if jeff talked that way?
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

Ugh, like gag me with a spoon. :P
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Ditto breathless my exact thoughts.

I'm a native Nu Yawker. Ask any Californian to say the word roof and it comes out ruf. I guess they have doggie talk on the brain. :wink:
Jennifer & Sheena
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

sit_by_the_beach wrote:yuk, gross, I could never stand that man, not as an actor, now a politishion? I'd move. I don't like the translation of that name either, racist.
Karin
His name means Black mountainridge
egg= mountain ridge
schwarz=black, dark
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

sit_by_the_beach wrote:I don't like the translation of that name either, racist.
Karin
Just to let everybody know Schwarzenegger doesn't mean what sbtb implied. His family was named after a town called Schwarzen-egg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_fam ... _etymology
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Ask any Californian to say the word roof and it comes out ruf. I guess they have doggie talk on the brain.

Huh? roof, roof, roof, see I say roof ok. You must be talking about the other 99% of the LA population that come from the south. I has to go feeex di ruf.

ImageImage
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

Angie beat me to it. There's lots of mountains in Austria, so his family's town was probably named after the mountain close by.
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Finally Jeff! At least there's one Californian who speaks correctly!
Jennifer & Sheena
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

He's not one of my favourite people, I guess I'd find faults no matter.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

My exact sentiments Karin. Schwartzee gotta go. :shifty:
Jennifer & Sheena
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I think the best governor for Ca would be the mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom, except the poor guy is always getting in trouble for something. I really like that guy, him or Jerry brown but brown has been there done that.

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Who started this thread of political unrest, rioting and the planning of the overthrow of the California Government?

It has to be some Crazy New Yorker.... Who ever it is probably live's in Brooklyn and talks like Sylvester stallone.

ImageImage
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Recycled Gore the bore would be good. But he won't run for any office no more. His speaking tour tickets for May are sold out. Tx for $20, sold for a lot more by scalpers. Clinton is a popular speaker here in TO also. Maybe we could run our own side state here in Toronto.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

lmao. leave it to a bunch of "off kilter" chow addicts to go way off topic on this one.
how did this become a political topic??? jeff eh em??? lol.

all i wanna do is just plan a nice chowapalooza. geeze. lol.lol.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

When and where are the east coasters going to meet? I don't drive any longer. I need to know. Mikki and I have to start walking soon. Via rail, Amtrack, Grayhound, none allow pets. We used to have a ferry zooming across L. Ontario to Rochester, NY, The ferry crashed into a dock twice, they brought the thing over from Australia and now they've gone bankrupt. :( Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI