ChowFest 101: "How to plan a ChowFest"

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zhuyos mom

ChowFest 101: "How to plan a ChowFest"

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Okay. I'm not the expert here, but, California has had a some successful chow gatherings. So let me share with you East... West... Mid... South... International ChowFest organizers some basics:

1. start small

Find your closest chow parent and get together for lunch or a beverage such as coffee. Meet each other and then let your chows meet each other. Exchange personal e-mail addresses.

2. start in pairs

Find the closest chow pairs and then e-mail each other to find out where mid-point will be for the four of you. For instance, Leo's Mom and I met first and we are in or near the city... Shiloh and Kodi's Mom live in or further down the South Bay. We e-mailed each other and found out that mid-point was Palo Alto California and that was were our first ChowFest was held.

3. once a venue is found

Time to set a date and a time. We chose 9am on a Sunday, in the summer. This allowed those who needed to travel, a Saturday to travel and enough hours after ChowFest to return.

4. send out an invite on the site with all the information and there you have it! Your own CHOWFEST!

next installment.... food!

Hope this is helpful!

ChowFest 2006
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

Thanks Lou for the info. I always wondered how it all started.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I remember that the topic was first touched on when Jeff and Pekoe said they were moving to So California...I'm glad we were able to make it happen (x3)...
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

So...helter skelter isn't the best way?!?
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

No. Helter/Skelter is not the way.

Us Northern Californian's Helter/Skeltered for about a year and a half. As Karen mentioned, our first vision of a ChowFest was to honor Pekoe, since she and Jeff were moving to SoCal. Zhuyo wanted to throw Pekoe a "Chow Fiesta!" thus the festival was ultimately called "ChowFest". We envisioned an area where Jeff and Peks had their own cooler of meat (sides of beef) and cheese and Diet Cokes. On another corner was Karen, Shiloh and Mr. N... and then the socialite chows were able to roam around (Zhuyo, Kodi and my new girl, Miss Pooh Bear). We still dream of having a "Chow Fiesta!" for Ms. Pekoe.
chris

Post by chris »

Shoot.. then you and I need to go back to the drawing board Audy... FLOP.. :roll:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

kingalls wrote:I remember that the topic was first touched on when Jeff and Pekoe said they were moving to So California...I'm glad we were able to make it happen (x3)...
Yeah, you notice they waited untill we moved to have the Chowfest.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

This is great Lou! Thanks, I can't wait until the next post!
ronnichow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ronnichow »

does life exist at 9 am on a sunday??
people are really walkin and talkin that early
ronni