East chow fest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

East chow fest

Post by threedogjeep »

I'm up for it...I'm close to Reading PA and 2.5 hrs, on a good day, from MD.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Ooooh, oooh I was just going to hop on the bandwagon as ask the same question!! :D We're SO in for an east coast chow fest. :D Willing to drive wherever!!

If it turns out that MD is the closest for us easterners there are a couple of places I know that we could have it. Can't wait to see what develops!
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

I'm only a couple of hours from Maryland, I'm in!! I'll make cute doggie treat bags and homemade biscuts.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

How come no one ever mentions real food at these Chowfest like BBQ Steaks, BBQ Chicken, Hot dogs and hamburgers, home made potato salad. freshly baked pies. I don't find any fun in watching Pekoe eating biscuits and cookies that's fine for her but bring on the human food.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Wait a minute, are you saying human food for Pekoe or you? Because everything you mentioned I was thinking oh Special would love that, and then when I read salad, I thought oh maybe he means people food for people. Because eating a hot dog is inconceivable if I'm not going to share with Spesh. :D :wink:
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I am east coast but that is just too far north for us. But my sis in law and Ziyear are up in virginia so maybe they will want to come.... Well anyway just pouting.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Me of course, not Pekoe. What she's going to run around with the zoomies, visit with the other Chows and have treats then a BBQ steak on top of it while I sit in -25 degree weather saying oh how cute, sureeeeeeee.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

We are waiting for the spring thaw Jeff, thought you knew. If you start driving now, you will be able to make it, too!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Jeff, my daugther would like me to pass you a message.

"she not big enough be in the snow like that. She not old enough to fly she has to be big like this (holding her hand over her head as far as she can) she gonna get in big trouble. Her daddy better take her home. She needs to go inside."

I think you know who she is talking about.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG Red, your daughter is too cute!!!! :D

LOL at Jeff.

Yay, this is so cool, it'll be so awesome if we can get this together. I'd love for Special meet everyone.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

an east coast soiree, what a great idea!! im waaaaaayyyyyy east.lol. id be willing to drive. i drove almost 5 hours to get luna from the animal shelter she was in. she loves the car too.
jeff, i know you werent talking
about bbq ribs and steaks for the furkids, after all, they eat nutro! lol.lol. :lol:

i'd be willing to bring some food. let me know. can we at least wait til the temperature reaches double digits?? :D
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

I would love for a chowfest - we are 20 minutes South of Philly. I'm 1 & 1/2 hrs from Reading, Pa. and a little less than 3 hours from Ocean City, Maryland.
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

sounds like we have a chowfest in the making. Everyone seems up for it. just need to do logistics and crap. Now, does MD, VA. or PA sound best? or somewhere else? perhaps we need a poll? I dont' know how this is done. I only know it would be cool.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

i say nc nc nc its only 2 hours from virginia..... darn I know I am outta this one.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

We should have our own southeast chowfest. Now all I have to do is find a place where you can rent a chow for a day.... :-?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

well you could just take that lil chow puppy that is so horrible cute at this link and then you have one....

http://www.chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3647

look how cute she is just a sweet lil face and she want you. You know you want her. Yeah that's right I will try to give her to everyone on the site.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

She sure is cute, but you know my heart beats for those big, tough boys. :wink:
I thought Precious wanted her, what happened?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Did not happen. I wanted her to, but hubby just got word of a transfer. Nothing concrete yet but we should be going to germany.

of course a couple years ago they said we were going to guam and that did not happen so I guess we will see.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

That would be so funny, cause it looks like I'll be in Germany again soon, too. That's also the reason why I can't adopt a chow right now. :cry:
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

Some people have multiple chows and I'm sure you could have a chow for a day! I'd be willing to drive PA, MD, VA whatever seems most central. Maybe we set a limit on the amount of hours we are willing to drive...say within 5 hours and maybe that will help. I am near (PENN) State College, PA and I'm flexible so see what others are thinking! Sounds like fun. I don't know what everyone's schedule is like either but April and August are my most free time right now.
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Hi All! We wanna come too! We're in NC - well actually almost SC. And we could always have 2 out here... one for Northeast one for Southeast if we everyone is having to drive to far to find a middle ground!
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

If we aren't having it at someone's house, then maybe we can all search for an area nearby that allows pets, and also is somewhere people would want to travel to. Maybe the Shore? Maybe the Poconos? Valley Forge (PA)? - Assateague - (Maryland)?

I think there should be Northeast Chowfest, and a Southeast Chowfest. And everyone else on here should set some up in their areas :D
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

hey all, count us in for the northeast chowfest! i told luna and she is so excited. she wants to know whether to pack a bikini, or bring a volleyball net. lol. keep us posted.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Crewe in Cheshire is East of Wales so it could be here! 8-}
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)