North East Chow Chow Gala

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

North East Chow Chow Gala

Post by Rory's Dad »

I dont have all the details yet, they will come soon, but i just wanted to post a prelim announcement...

The Northeast Chow Chow Breeders Association will be hosting a (late) Spring Chow Chow Gala in mid-June. The event will be held in Rhode Island.

Current plans include a Silent Auction, a Fun Fur All Chow Judging event, CGC testing, and more. Should be a great social event for your Chows and a nice opportunity to meet other Chow enthusiasts from the area.

I will pass on more details as they get firmed up, but if you are in the area this will be a good opportunity to get the dogs out and to interact with the regions other Chow owners and breeders. I plan to be there with my 2 and we have commitments from Royal Chows out of RI, Eastway Chows from MA, and Red Baron Chows in CT.

Lots of experience with this bunch and a nice opportunity to pick their brains.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: North East Chow Chow Gala

Post by Rory's Dad »

Wanted to bump this post in case anyone in the area was interested. June 15th in Foster, RI.

If interested, please shoot me an email and i can provide additional details.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

I recommend it to anyone who lives by and has a chow or wants to get one in the future. A great chance to see all the breeders and their dogs at one location. I would but it's 1400 miles away.

Brutus
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

I was thinking the same thing... 1840 miles. With all the pit-stops that I would need to make, I should load up the pups tonight. (I wish I were close!)

I would love to attend...
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Thanks for the replies Cindy and 612, i know you both are too far away to attend.

You are right though, going to be some great dogs and good breeders/owners on hand. Hoping it will be a well attended event. Most of the interest seems to be with our existing club members, so i post here with the idea of getting some local Chow owners that aren't real familiar with us or some potential Chow owners that want to meet some of the dogs we have locally. Naturally it's hit or miss with the forum as people check in whenever.

And i am hoping to introduce Rory as a new CH at this event...he needs just the final major to finish with 2 Show opportunities prior to the Gala, so if all goes well, we can celebrate that event as well...fingers crossed.

Hopefully, it doesnt come off as self-serving (full disclosure as i do have a vested interest as a club member, and i serve on the Board and am Editor of the Newsletter), but really it would be nice to meet new Chow enthusiasts in the NE area.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

My answer was tongue in cheek, but if I lived within a days drive I would be there in a heart beat. It sounds like a great deal of fun.
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Yes, i understood your reply.

BTW, Chance looks great. Continued success to him and his development.