ChowFest 2006 pictures (Shutterfly album I can email to you)

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

ChowFest 2006 pictures (Shutterfly album I can email to you)

Post by SWANCIN »

All,

I made a e-photo album using Shutterfly yesterday. Contains 85!! pictures taken at 7/23's Chowfest. If you'd like to see it, please PM me and I'll send you an 'album invite'.

When you PM, please provide an email address that I can "invite" to.

Note that the album photos don't have any captions yet, will be working on those this week. Hopefully with Lou, Karen and Chika's 'introductions' on other posted pictures, you can tell who's who for now. :wink: Also, if you want the full size photos (700K min each), I can email them to you as well. Just let me know the picture number.

Purple kisses,
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The photos were great! Which human are you, Cindy? And don't say the one in the blue shirt, because almost everyone had on a blue shirt...
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I also want to extend the offer to view the photos I took at ChowFest. I have posted 5 of them on this site but took a total of 24. I will need an e-mail address to send you an invite. So, if you are interested, please PM me. My online album is on Kodak Gallery.
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Loved the pictures, they were wonderful! I'm so jelious! It was so cool seeing them all together, even if it was hotter then heck. It would be interesting to know thier weights just to get an idea you can never tell by the pictures. I hear it adds 20 pounds :shock:
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Same here - you can PM me with your email address to see the 20 pictures I took.

Uh, you mean our Chows weight, right? :lol:

Both of mine are in the 60-65 lbs range.

Thanks! Karen
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

The pics were great!! Big furry laid back friends. Ivana was so sad to miss it. We cannot wait until the day we get back to the west coast so we can come and play too.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi chow friends,

Cindy/human/Kodi's Mom isn't in the shutterfly album, but I think there's one from Lou's pictures (?) I'm terribly unphotogenic, but the one I saw of me wasn't 1/2 bad, probably cuz I was so happy and relaxed with all the new friends (fur and non)!!!!

Kodi is at about 70# right now, but that's 15+ more than her normal, healthy weight. She's on pred and imuran for her pemphigus, thus the weight gain.

Chow,
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Yes. There is a lovely photo of Cindy in my album, Auddymay. You'll see it. The caption will give you a hint that it is Cindy. Also, interesting observation about the blue shirts. How did that happen? I had a blue shirt on too but it was so dagnabit hot I wrapped it around my waist. I was sorta trying to hide from the camera, but the other two shutter-bug moms got me!

Samorrathis, Zhu weighs 70 lbs and PB (well she really doesn't want me to disclose her weight, being a lady and all) so let's just say she is "full figured" (hint: 10 lbs less than Zhu).

Cindy, I didn't know Kodi was still getting treatment for her pemphigus. She had such a big smile that day.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I always thought Kodi was a boy, so- Please forgive me Sweet Kodi! All the photos were great, it's nice to put faces to names. For example, Lou always made me think she was MUCH older than she appears to be in the photos...come to find out, she is merely a girl :postit-rolleyes: . I really was worried for the event when I heard what the high temperatures were going to be for the day. I'm glad it came off without a hitch. Maybe the next one will be during cooler weather. More action shots... Thank you all for sharing, like Christine, I am jealous too!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Auddymay, you are very sweet but perhaps it was my torn jeans that threw you off, I am not a girl... I remember Elvis and Pricilla's wedding plus the birth of Lisa Marie, the Brady Bunch, HR PuffinStuff, The Village People, The Cowsills and DeFranco's. I still think Donny Osmond is the One! Oh, yes I do and don't anyone of you think you can change my mind, although I am no longer in a position to bear his children. :lol:

Did you notice all the water bowls us chow parents brought? I wish I took a photo of all of them lined up!

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Hopefully it will inspire you to gather the chow parents in your area/region.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Silly Lou! Everyone knows David Cassidy was to die for! You sound very close to my age, I'm young, for a tree.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

David Cassidy? I don't think so because I found that those who thought "he was to die for" cheated with Bobby Sherman!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Hey, A trip down memory lane and know one told me. although I have to ask what's a DeFranco's. Knowing who the Brady Bunch or any of the others are dosn't say any thing about your age, all those shows are still on Nick at Night.

The village People, the lead singer is always in the news for being in trouble, I think they are looking for him now so he's going back to prison.

The only real age give away would be Bobby Sherman.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Actually Jeff, dreaming of being Mrs. Donny Osmond on the side, is a dead give-away of my age. Also, Eisenhour was in office when I was born. I am younger than you, but I am not a girl...I am woman hear me roar!

The DeFranco's was a family singing group, ala the Osmonds and Cowsills and somewhat like the Jackson's. They were a Canadian import but were only a one hit wonder in America with their #1 song "Heartbeat it's a love beat" ... Heart beat is a love beat and love beat is a good vibration oh a heart beat is a love beat and when we meet its a good sensation, oh listen to my heart beat! listen to my love beat! Can you feel my heart beat? Can you fell my love beat? Oh, oh a heart beat is a love beat and a love beat is a good vibration ....
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Oh man, Lou, when you quote lyrics, you have it bad. I never cared for the De Francos, and Cowsills were okay, but I did like the way those Osmonds harmonized...and by the by- I thought Bobby Sherman was a Toad. Of the 3 brothers on Here Comes the Bride, I liked his character the least. I thought David Soul was cute though. No, I had 3 posters of David Cassidy on my walls during those 'almost teen' years.
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Nice you all have nice big chows. Have have yet to see one in the below fifty range. Nuk is weighing in about 64 pounds now.

So if any of you get to the Reno area let me know, would love to get together, sence we couldn't make it. Looking forward to next year.
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

All the pics were so wonderful! Thank you all sharing them. It is really cool to see the chow Moms and Dad's too, you always wonder what everyone looks like. We should all post pics of ourselves with our chows. Anyhow, all the chows at the chowfest just looked so blissful!! We should get an east coast chow fest together!

Samorrathis, Special is hanging in at 49 lbs! :D Just barely in the under 50 range! They told me 48 is his ideal weight for his size! People say he's a miniature or a pomeranian all the time, except for the guy a few nights ago who said he's a monkey...hmm...
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Cindy & Lou, Thanks for sending me the Chowfest pictures, Looked like alot of fun, I don't know if Pekoe could handle being that close to the others, She has about a 5 second tolorance span. I see all the Chow treats, Did you guys have any human treats as in picnic food. Did any passerbys say anything like whats with all the Chows?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Chowfrnd88, I have heard that Monkey remark twice, I have no idea how a Monkey and a Chow could have any resemblence unless the people are blind, I even tried looking up differant typs of monkeys and can''t find any monkey that comes close to looking like a Chow. Unless they are talking about the big furry Baboons with the pink butt. but they arn't even close.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Cindy & Lou, Thanks for sending me the Chowfest pictures, Looked like alot of fun, I don't know if Pekoe could handle being that close to the others, She has about a 5 second tolorance span. I see all the Chow treats, Did you guys have any human treats as in picnic food. Did any passerbys say anything like whats with all the Chows?
You know Jeff, we had no idea that they would snuggle up the way they did. I mean, Sheena was tethered with Pooh Bear for a while. All the chows came to greet Zhuyo. It was a very nice surprise. Even if you had come, we had that area all to ourselves and there was a tree and a picnic table and shade far enough, but close enough for Dad to keep an eye on her, that had Pekoe's name on it.

We had light snacks. There was a photo in Cindy's album of us chit chatting an munching away on at the table. But is was really hot (111 degrees, I think Leo's Mum said). I don't think we had an appetite for anything else but what we brought - fruit, veggies, chips, cookies, other nibbles and beverages. We had assignments: Kodi's mom brought an incredile sweet spread consisting of the fruits and cookies, Shiloh and Mr. N's mom brought something to satisfy the salty - Parmesan Pita Chips, Leo's Mum brought fresh and healthy nibbles - crudite platter w/dip, and I brought the beverages.

Next year, you and Pekoe come and we will have the Chow Fiesta Zhuyo has been saying he would throw for Pekoe! We'll have steak fajitas and chips... well, the chows will have the steak. We'll end up with the chips!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Jeff,
I kind of imagine that Mr. N's behaviour at the Chowfest would be similar to what you expect Pekoe's behavior might be...although he did get close to sniff the other Chows and Chow parents, he pretty much stayed on the outskirts of everything. He was constantly trying to walk away and not toward the party. He snubbed the treats (until we got home) and I had to keep pulling him toward the water bowl. I think that the first time the subject of a get together came up I said that Pekoe would be on one end of the park and Mr. N at the other :roll: ....
What's funny is that Shiloh seems to be more of a party animal - taking treats, letting people get close, etc.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Jeff, I remember you mentioning that! That's what I thought of right away when the guy said it. I agree, ethy in no way resemble any monkeys!

Lou and Karen, that's just so amazing how they all got along. It's chow wisdom!! :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Karen, thanks for the pictures of the Chowfest. When I first saw Lou's or Cindy's pictures I noticed a white Chow pulling on the leash with someone hanging on tight, I thought, must be Mr. N. I was right that was him. That's the way Pekoe would be pulling on the leash saying ok this is fun 5 minutes is over, time to go.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I imagine Pekoe mirroring that picture of me offering a treat to Mr. N. Mr. N's eyes saying "uh, I don't think so. Oh, no thank you. Where is the beef?" Then again, she may just surprise you and want to party with the crowd of chows! Ha! Ha! :lol: I forget... does she like other chow chows? Did she get along with Dan's (from the Alameda Park) chow? I still think you should bring her up for a visit. Give her a special treat for indulging you by going to chemo and radition, a trip to her old digs and smells!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Who are you kidding, Lou. It is YOU who want to be treated- with a visit from HRH Pekoe. And who can blame you. I always imagine that Lily and Pekoe would get along because they are both such divas. The reality is that divas don't travel in packs, and 2 together is usually 1 too many!