Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

Post by chris »

Sounds like you all had a Woofender time. Know what ya mean Leo, it's hard for me to find someone to wrestle with me too. Hopefuly we may meet someday and we can do a 1-2 take down. :D

Chow
Steel
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Pooh Bear,

No need to contact Customer Service. That was indeed me on the magic carpet. They showed up right on time to pick me up. I was half-way there when I realized how worried Mommy would be when she woke up and I wasn't there. I mean really, this is the same woman who freaks out when she cant find me in the backyard! I may be blind but I know how to sniff my around my own yard....geez :roll: Anyway, I didnt want her to worry about me so I turned the carpet around and flew back home :oops:

Sorry I missed the Chowfest, but I'm so glad you all had a great time. Maybe next time... [:D]

Dakota
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Wow, N. Cal Chowfest 2006 was awesome! Thanks for posting pictures, Karen and Lou. I'll download the 80+ pics to shutterfly this week, and ask that if people want to see the album, PM me and I can email them directly. Will use photobucket to post a few to this thread. Yes, it was a very hot day, but even so, it was so wonderful to meet Chika, Karen, Lou, Jennifer, spouses and of course, THE CHOWDREN!! Kodi and Leo wrestled a little bit (as did GOODboy Troy :wink: and Leo), but otherwise the 'kids' were pretty mellow.

Special Thanks to Aunt Lou for the wonderful commerative items and special treats and to Aunt Judy & Uncle Fred for the great chow sign and goodie bags.

Wonderful, wonderful day! Wonderful people! Wonderful Chows!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Okay Dakota, we're cool!

I posted this on the other thread in the Special Events section. But Zhu said it was too tiny for everyone to see. So, here is a larger photo. There are more on Shiloh and Mr. N's original post in the Special Events section. They posted a couple of exquisite photos too. So, here's a teaser shot! We're around the treats. Can you see Kodi? He's between my big brother Zhu and Leo's mum. Mommy said I had to move out of the shot. That's why I'm a little bit further away. Anyways,we were a pretty tight group yesterday, if I must say so myself.

Hugs and kisses,
:x Miss Pooh Bear
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG!! OMG!!! I am soooo jealous! :D It sounds like it was such a wonderful day. I'm so glad that all the chowdren and their parents had a great time!

Dakota, you are too cute! :D :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Are there pictures posted? Where are they.

Never mind i found them. I agree there should be a Chowfest 2007 except we head for Canada or Judy's island or even better, We all and I mean all Go to Alaska, Melanes lodge.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Jeff,
I just found some pics in the special, anniversaries, bdays etc forum.

They sure are some beauties!

Sharon
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I can share my other pictures - I was only able to take about 20 pictures cuz Mr. N kept pulling and I couldn't keep my camera steady enough to take alot of shots. If you want to see them via Snapfish, PM me with your email address & I can set you up. Cindy and Lou took tons of pictures, too.
I hope our Chowfest becomes an annual event that grows and grows!
I must say that we were so thrilled to meet everyone and see our Chows mingle like they have known one another a long time. My two surprised me alot. Shiloh was so much more socialable than I would have thought she could be. She has always been skittish but with these Chow parents and Chowdren, she was so okay with it all - she even took treats from others! She didn't have any problems joining the group to check out the treats. On the other side, my Mr. Nahkohe preferred to stay on the outskirts of the group. He was definitely more interested in checking out the grounds and had no interest in treats despite Lou's kind efforts...he was definitely showing his aloofness. He got little grumpy but didn't misbehave outside of a growl and a couple of barks.
The Chowfest was a great event and I encourage others to try and organize this type of event if the logistics and geographical situation makes sense...but then maybe Steel can get that plane off the ground to help with transport?

Dakota - we'll have to get a bigger carpet to bring your Mom next time!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh