Interest in Chow Fest in Southern California?

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

lovechows55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Interest in Chow Fest in Southern California?

Post by lovechows55 »

Dear Chow Chow Friends,

Our local chow club is considering sponsoring a Chow Fest and would like to know whether there is interest in having a Chow Fest in the Orange County, California area. (This is actually my suggestion after reading about Chow Fests on this MB the last couple years and thinking about how great this would be to have in our area).

I would really appreciate your help with three things: Would those of you who would be interested in participating let me know of your interest? When would be the best time to have it? (June is one suggestion, since the weather is cooler here) And, would those of you who have either organized and/or attended a Chow Fest please send me suggestions for what activities to include in our event if we decide to hold it?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Barbara K. Schiller
Chow Fanciers Association of Southern California
jenhung012
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Interest in Chow Fest in Southern California?

Post by jenhung012 »

Would love to have chowfest in Orange County, California. Please let me know if there is one!
TVO14
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TVO14 »

We live in OC and would love to attend one.
jellis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jellis »

I would love to attend one in orange county. I really need to find a groomer in orange county that specializes in chows.
Penelope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Penelope »

If anyone is still around - I'd be interested!
nnguyentang
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nnguyentang »

i would love to attend a Chow fest!! sounds like so much fun! keep us posted on the idea!
-Nat and Violet
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

lovechows55 wrote: And, would those of you who have either organized and/or attended a Chow Fest please send me suggestions for what activities to include in our event if we decide to hold it?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Barbara K. Schiller
Chow Fanciers Association of Southern California
ChowFests can be fun to do. I would suggest a core group of people (2 -4) to plan it out. Find a date when your core group can all be there to help manage the event. Plenty of advance notice so that people can put it on their calendar. Since the Chows prefer the cooler weather, it's good to plan around that. For Northern California, San Francisco provides a cool spot even though the other areas may get into the triple digits in heat. Doing a potluck for food is good if the time includes the lunch hour. A "goodie bag" that attendees can contribute stuff (treats and/or other dog related items) is fun. A goodie bag can be inexpensive (check out the local Dollar store) or more - depending on time, effort, and cost. The attendees can bring a dog treat or other item to put in the bag. Everyone goes home with a bag. Name tags are good if the crowd is big. I think most people remember the Chow names more than the owner :lol:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh