Sunday, July 19th: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHOWFEST 2009!

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sunday, July 19th: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHOWFEST 2009!

Post by Boogie and Linda »

We had a great time as always. My three are exhauseted. Thank you to all the organizers for putting together a great event. Lou it wasn't the same with out you, Miss Pooh Bear, and Tigger. I hope you get well soon.
Mochi_Yoshi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mochi_Yoshi »

More Chow Fest Pics! =D=

http://picasaweb.google.com/junkmailjuu ... directlink

Thank you everyone, we had a wonderful time! Fabulous meeting everyone and their chowdren! Can't wait for the next one! \:D/

Edit: Sorry forgot to say that if anyone wants a full digital version of their picture, just pm me and I'll be happy to email it to you. No trouble at all, just let me know! =)
You have to ask yourself "How can you say no to this face....?" Answer: when they chew on your favorite purse...
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Oh, what beautiful chowdren everywhere! I am so jealous to see so many chows in one place. Looks like a good time was had by all.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Thanks to all who attended this years ChowFest. It was an amazing group of folks and their chowdren, awesome view at the event site as you can see from the pictures already posted.

If you would like to share a comment about your personal experience of ChowFest 09 @ SF and/or post pictures you took, that'd be great.

Many thanks to Lou for all her planning, coordination, items for treats and prizes though she was unable to attend, due to illness. If she could have possibly been there, she would have! =D=

My thanks to Kingalls and Leo's Mum for making this such a great event. Also my thanks to Caitlin for taking over my camera and getting so many great, spontaneous shots. Thanks to Steve (sirdoofuss) and Amy; as well as, Sharon for all your 'volunteer' :) help too.

Already looking forward to CF@(?) 2010!!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Wow, another ChowFest, old friends, new friends, great food, the greatest chows and humblest chow servants in the BayArea! \:D/ Thank you everyone for being there and thank you Lou, tho the flu virus denied you from physically being there on the day, for all the preparation and planning as Cindy says. It would have been impossible w/o you and you were greatly missed on the day by everyone. LEO, my DH & I had a great time. Stopped by to look at the lovely classic cars on the way home at the concour's d'elegance and LEO was admired by the people there. I suppose she is cuter & cuddlier looking than any of the beautiful machines there.....:wink:

Well, what can I say..... Hope to see you all next year at CF10....... ! \:D/
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

What a great day for all but we missed Zhuyo's mom, Tigger, and starlet, Pooh Bear so much!
I took a few pictures..if I got any of the Chow names wrong, please let me know

http://picasaweb.google.com/kingalls6619/CF09

Thank you to everyone and their Chowdren that participated in this event. \:D/ \:D/

:wink: I think we were an added attraction to the passer-bys for the photo ops 8) Many people stopped to ask about the event or ask if they could pet our Chows.

We're already looking forward to CF 2010!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh, my goodness what a wonderful bunch of chows..(oh and humans too).. It looks like you all had a perfect gathering.. Other than one important person and chows missing due to illness.. (maybe there were more missing that I don't know about)..
I think its great that there are so many chows out there.. and now faces to put with the chows is nice too.
Hope you all enjoyed your day and keep the photos coming..
Who traveled the longest to get there??? Any one know..??
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

ChowFest was FANTASTIC as always! Thank you Steering Committee! Thanks Cindy...I kept calling you Karen for some reason? Thanks Karen...for not noticing. And I believe I kept calling Chika...Karen as well. I do get a bit daft when I'm traveling w/Sheena and Troy. :roll:

I MISSED you Lou and Pooh Bear. I wanted so much to meet Tigger. Hugs and kisses from all of us! Next year for sure! Hope you feel better soon!

The pictures are great...I brought my camera...but as usual...never took pictures...spent tooooooooo much time trying to cater to Sheena and Troy. If Caitlin wasn't there to take one of 'em off my hands...don't know what I'd do. Thanks so much Caitlin for being there in my time of need to separate Sheena and Troy who were having a bit of a tizzy w/each other...Troy de BAD Boy keeps challenging Sheena's Alpha role. Sheena's 8.5 years and Troy will be 4 in September. :roll:

We only needed to drive 45 minutes back to the hotel that day, thank goodness! Sheena and Troy just passed out that evening and Sheena snored louder than ever...but of course...both still woke up for din-din! Monday afternoon before leaving back to Sacramento, Sheena and Troy did their fighting stunt w/hair flying and all, in the hotel lobby, while I was trying to fill my mug w/coffee...scared the daylights out of the personnel! After settling their differences they nonchalantly strolled out of the hotel side-by-side as if nothing had occurred. Puzzled the personnel! I just told them chows were tired and anxious to get home. Hope I can come back next year (luckily no hotel clients were in the lobby at the time)! Marriott Towne Place Suites at Redwood Shores was great!

I drove 2 hours from Sacramento...I think others may have come further...don't know.

CHOWFEST 2010...I'm ready!
Jennifer & Sheena
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

How distressing not to have Lou there. She warned me she was sick, I had hoped she got better in time! :evil: I loved all the photos. What a wonderful time you all looked to be having. Jealous here, but that is life...
lloe86
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lloe86 »

Dang! I'm sorry that I just missed this! I know I should have looked here sooner. I live in Reno only 4 hours away. Would have been fun!
scrpbk1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrpbk1 »

Stormy and Kona had a wonderful time at Chowfest! Thanks so much to everyone on the steering committee!!!

While driving home Chase asked if we could go again next year :D

I managed to take a bunch of photos while we were there. Enjoy!

ChowFest 2009
http://picasaweb.google.com/scrpbk1/200 ... directlink

Thanks again to all the chow chows who came out for the day!

Shelly

PS I can't recall all of the chows names so if you see your puppy please let me know the photo # and I will add the correct name.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

As I wrap up cursing the parent who did not teach their child to cover their mouth when they sneeze in public (that's how I caught this flu), I made a short Smilebox slideshow of photos from last week's chowfest. The photos were taken by Cher (Moomba's mom) and Cindy (Kodi's mom) - oh and I threw in a few from Richard's album. You'll have to click on the link and not the image. Please enjoy!

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d5441314e ... gview=true
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

That's a great presentation! Thanks, Zhuyo's mom! Hope you are feeling better now...maybe we need to do a special day so that you, Ms PB, Tigger, and ??? can get some Chownese time... :wink:
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Fantastic job , Zhuyos Mom..
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Shelly, Chase, and pups,

Thanks for the great shots. I've 'grabbed' one of Kodi that's really nice.

See you next year!!
scrpbk1 wrote:Stormy and Kona had a wonderful time at Chowfest! Thanks so much to everyone on the steering committee!!!

While driving home Chase asked if we could go again next year :D

I managed to take a bunch of photos while we were there. Enjoy!

ChowFest 2009
http://picasaweb.google.com/scrpbk1/200 ... directlink

Thanks again to all the chow chows who came out for the day!

Shelly

PS I can't recall all of the chows names so if you see your puppy please let me know the photo # and I will add the correct name.
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
bubbybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bubbybear »

The pictures are wonderful. Looks like everyone had fun. Mia and Tyton are feeling a little jealous. LOL.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

scrpbk1 - Great pictures!! Thank you!
Liza30
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Liza30 »

We are so bummed we could not make it this year... we were on vacation and the kids had to miss the party! They are looking forward to the next one!
Beau & Missy's Slave :-)
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

One of my favorite things about ChowFest is when passers-by stop and ask us what's happening. As soon as you say "We're a chow chow enthusiast group that gathers once a year," it's remarkable the spectrum of responses and the faces out of which the responses come. Most folks really do not understand this breed in any way, shape or form. It's great for the reputation of the breed for us to be out there in public, with 30 animals in a relatively small place, showing the world that chows don't necessarily make the streets run red with blood!
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

zp I agree with you a 100% about showing the public how chows really are.. I thought that too after looking at the pics and people passing bye..