Chow Get Together

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Moxie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Get Together

Post by Moxie »

Hello everyone,

I am sad to say that there has not been enough definite commitment for our gathering, so sadly I will postpone it for now. Any suggestions? I know we are all so busy, and it is hard to plan, I understand, it still makes me sad . Perhaps a Sunday am or something. I had a trainer/agility person lined up, as well as someone who makes the best dog beds(my girls love them), and of course the fab shirts .

If by chance you all change your mind, please let me know!

Brenda
Moxie
Auddymay

Re: Chow Get Together

Post by Auddymay »

From the last post, it sounded like there was confusion as to when it was happening! Having planned and attended Chowfests, may I give you just a couple tips?

First pick a definite day, and stick with it. A little closer to the end of May or early June might be more comfy temp wise. We did our first one the weekend before Memorial day. Less other festivities to interfere with your plans.

Second, keep it simple. You don't need anything more than a park, or a beach that allows dogs, like we did near my home last year. We did not have huge numbers, but we all had a real good time! The first year, on one leg of our Chowfest, there was just Sharon of Sharon's Chows and her SO at the time, plus me and Chris, with our kids and animals. We took a hike to the Chagrin River- very pretty, then a cookout back at Sharons. Lovely time, beautiful memories.

Lastly, if it ends up with just you and one other person with a chow, so what. You can still have a great time! As I said, there seemed to be confusion as to the particulars, judging from the last thread on it. Try again, make an invite post. Put out a date, and see who responds, or counters with another date, once you have a firm time and place, check back often to the post. feedback helps in these shindigs. Good Luck!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Brenda, please don't give up. Our first ChowFest was simple too. 5 sets of parents w/8 chows all together. If I can suggest one other thing, keep it on one thread, the planning, the date, the rsvp'ing. That way we can make a sticky out of it and those who want to attend will have a point thread to refer to. Those who didn't know of you organizing something, will see the one thread and/or be sent a link to it.

If you get discouraged, plan on coming to our ChowFest in the summer. We'd love to have you and your panel of guest speakers over at our CF!

Good Luck.
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

The chowkidz are not going to be happy about traveling 10 hours and not getting to meet any other chow friends. We have a house rented ( right outside of Bangor) for three days so we are still going to be in Maine. I hope you don't cancel, but i do agree with post one thread with the actual date and state in the subject line and see what happens. It's kinda like s*x, the first time is not like what you were planning on in your head, but you get better with each time :lol:

You can count on 2 chows being there the first weekend in May!

See ya in 2 weeks. [-o|
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JammyJoy »

I am fascinated with your late dogs photos they are adorable.