chow fests in canada?

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

chow fests in canada?

Post by bellabear27 »

Are there ever any chow fests in canada, specifically atlantic canada? Bella would really like to go to one sometime but we aren't sure if there are any here or near here.

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
Auddymay

Re: chow fests in canada?

Post by Auddymay »

Chowfests are great fun! I like planning and of course, attending them! The California CF is quite impressive, but they have the advantage of proximity. The other chowfests are small by comparrison, but just as fun! The first step to getting one going, is to commit! Southern Chowfest is at the stage right now where someone needs to step up and say "Let's have it here, let's have it in October", and go from there.

People are scared to be the one to step up because of fear of failure (I think), but even if it turns out small, as the Ohio leg of our first midwest chowfest was, it can be very memorable and meaningful. There was myself, Chris, and Sharon, plus Alan. And of course, all our furkids! We had a great stroll down an old carved out path through a forest that took us to a beautiful river. The furkids loved it, and we made lifelong connections with some great people.

chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

what parts of the atlantic area? there are a few members in NY, Maine and Conn. i think. Hell we are in PA but always looking for a reason to go somewhere new. Never been to Canada! Montreal is about 8 hrs sounds like a nice 4 day weekend!
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellabear27 »

Newfoundland is a beautiful place and i'm sure everyones chows would love it. Maybe we will think about tryog to arrange something here in the capital, st.john's, and see if anyone can show up and stuff?

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

Hi there, i'm from st. john's but live in NS now and have a gorgeous black girl, i'm up for the atlantic chowfest and i drive home frequently. too bad we didn't bump into each other last time i was home, when mika's with me i always keep an eye out for other chows (and their ppl) out for walks.
Karla and Mika
ImageImage