East Coast Chowfest 2008 Photo Gallery

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zhuyos mom

Re: East Coast Chowfest

Post by Zhuyos mom »

56Ker' here! Don't think about taking a break next time. Geez, if you have more, please continue to post them. All I had to do was let my duo out to our backyard to do some zoomies, by the time they wanted in. All the pictures were loaded up! We love, love, love your amazing photos! Juan, are you and Mari and the chowdren free Sunday, July 20th? :P
gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gebower »

Can't get enough pictures of Chows! Thanks so much. Love them so much.
Gene
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Zhuyos mom wrote:56Ker' here! Don't think about taking a break next time. Geez, if you have more, please continue to post them. All I had to do was let my duo out to our backyard to do some zoomies, by the time they wanted in. All the pictures were loaded up! We love, love, love your amazing photos! Juan, are you and Mari and the chowdren free Sunday, July 20th? :P
The only thing that Mari has planned for the whole summer is a wedding she was invited to. It's in July, but she can't remember the date. We'll update you when she finds the invitation. As for the pictures, yes, I have a lot more. I was just waiting till the thread reached a new page and BAM!, here it is, so lemme continue posting :)
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Chow Family Portraits

Special D

Titus
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Chow Family Portraits

Jade and Nanook

Gordo and Paz

T-Bone

Kuma and Nova
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

LOVELY pictures! I'm glad to see we're not the only family that pick our chows up :D

Millie & Alf are coming to Philly with us for Christmas, can we do a winter chowfest so they can meet all the lovely chows?
Thank you Elodie!
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Chow Fest Picnic Area (Shelter G) :)

daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by daddysgirl1977d »

WOW looks like i missed a really good time lol . so glad u all were able to get together an i cant wait till u have another on so me an my babies can come ..
love all the pics me and my kids were looking at them .. they were pointing out the ones that look like ours lol .. in one way or another .. they said mommy why werent we alowed to go lol ..

also glad to see im not the only one to pick up my babies .. lol .. chris makes fun of me cause i just pick princess up and walk her around lol .. Bears a lil to big lol ..

let me no if u all get together for a play date my babies would love it ..
Kristy
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Great photos Juan and Mari!!! You captured the entire day beautifully! It was very nice meeting you and your beautiful chow kids!
By the way...happy belated birthday Juan!

Jackie
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Chow Fest Group Shots

Last edited by alfaphlex on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Theo wrote:Great photos Juan and Mari!!! You captured the entire day beautifully! It was very nice meeting you and your beautiful chow kids!
By the way...happy belated birthday Juan!

Jackie
Thanks Jackie. It was nice meeting you guys as well. Titus was so playful, I felt a little sad for him because all he wanted to do was play all day, but we never got around to the dog park area :(. He sure didn't let that stop him though :mrgreen: \:D/
Last edited by alfaphlex on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mari »

Layla wrote:LOVELY pictures! I'm glad to see we're not the only family that pick our chows up :D

Millie & Alf are coming to Philly with us for Christmas, can we do a winter chowfest so they can meet all the lovely chows?
Layla, that would be awesome!!! My husband and I are definitely up for a Winter ChowFest \:D/ .. we'll have to plan for it and find a place where we can all meet :mrgreen:

daddysgirl1977d wrote:WOW looks like i missed a really good time lol . so glad u all were able to get together an i cant wait till u have another on so me an my babies can come ..
let me no if u all get together for a play date my babies would love it ..
Kristy
Kristy, that sounds great as well.. we should speak with Katalin so all our chowkids can get together with Special D also! :D
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Special D, Nova and Kuma walking their parents through the trails

Kuma is the red one, Nova and Special are the blacks, but Nova's leash is red.

The journey begins - Special already knows his way around so he was our guide.

Nova trying to get closer to Special :x

Mari, move out of the way, chows coming through

Our parents are so slow

Kuma whispering to Nova "wow, Special sure knows his way around"

Nova to Kuma "go over there, you're embarassing me" :lol:

Same chow, different color

"Follow me everybody" says Kuma. This of course, before stepping into mud and getting all 4 paws dirty.

"We are so cool"

Formations are not just for the birds!

Special and Nova look like twins here

"Dad, you're embarassing me", says Kuma. "Shut up and smile" replies Nova

"Ok"

Special D posing for the camera. Pffft... it was really for Nova \:D/ . Hush hush.

"Ok, we're ready to go back to Chow Fest"

"Right this way" says Special.
Last edited by alfaphlex on Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Spesh and Nova look so much alike...it's hard to tell them apart when her tail is raised!!!
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

I just did a count. I've posted 141 pics so far, haha. I'll post some more tomorrow :)

If any of you guys have any pictures you might want touched up, feel free to PM me about it. Then you can just email them to me or something.

Jackie, they do don't they?! Nova had her tail up throughout the whole hike and during walks away from the picnic area. She just gets overwhelmed pretty easily. She continues to improve though. Here are things Nova accomplished at Chow Fest:

1) Rode a total of over 7hrs in the car and didn't drool. I wasn't kidding when I said that even after a 10 min drive her mane would be soaked in drool.

2) She ate treats from strangers. Big step, she's learning that she can trust people.

3) She was walked by strangers (Katalin and T-bone's mom). This showed that she didn't get anxious after realizing that neither mom or dad were walking her.

4) She gave purple kisses to strangers. Before yesterday, she had only done that a total of 2 times. Yesterday, not only did she kiss hands, but she kissed T-bone's mom in the face!

5) For the very first time, she obeyed a stranger (Katalin). This one was the biggest step. She now knows she can trust a stranger enough to want to please them. And it shows that she finally became desensitized enough from her surroundings to focus on just one person. Even if only for a moment, with all that was going on around her, she sat for her and gave Katalin her paw. That was great!!!

Today at Petsmart, she had her tail up even with strangers within a 5 foot distance. =D= She only dropped it when we walked toward the front of the stores cuz there's a lot more noise there (people at the cashiers, walking in/out, cars outside, etc).

She's never disliked others touching her or grabbing her, she just doesn't like the actual approach to get to that point.

Chow Fest really did help boost her confidence so much and that's another reason why we can't thank you guys enough. :mrgreen:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Special! Lily here! Hmphf...how to say this...you were such a forward thinking sweetheart when Steelo and I spent two glorious..uh..I mean 3 glorious days together. I have no room to say 'no dalliances' with other gorgeous Female Chows. Just remember, I am your one and only around these parts, okie dokie?
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Juan and Mari, these pictures are so AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for posting them. Of course you know I am not oppossed to see all of them. :D :D :D Those threee really got along after that walk huh? :D It was so wonderful. Well, Nova and Spesh hit it off from the get-go :inlove: , but I'm glad that he liked Kuma too after the walk. :D He really did like her from teh first meeting. It was sweet. They look very, very cute together.

Seriuosly eveyone, I was starting to get worried about Special. I don't know if it's the seasonal novelty or what, but my gosh was Special obbsessed with the all the flying insects. Even in the group shots you can see how intent he is on them... he needs a support group for insect hunters! :D Then you can see in the group shots when hubby tried to pick him up and he yelped. he gets picked up all the time by hubby so I don't know what happened. Poor baby. He seems alright though, we petted him all over his sides and hips and no pain thank goodness. And OMG I just noticed how long SD's nails are in one picture in particular, we need to trim them... :D

Layla, it would be wonderful if you came here in the winter with Alf and Millie. Although I can't guarantee you'll be leaving with Alf and Millie... :D :D :D It would be fantastic to meet you all. We are out all the time in the winter with SD anyhow. I think he's happiest in the winter at the park. It would be great to have a winter chowfest.

Kristy, I'm so sorry you couldn't make it, but we will definetly do this again so don't worry! :D

---------
Lily, SD here, LOL, okie dokie. :D You know how I feel about you :inlove: . I like to think I'm a progressive kind o' chowboy so I understood about Steel. :D Of course, I was jealous though, who wouldn't be where you are concerned. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh, I forgot to say that it was so funny when Kuma stepped in the mud, he as so cute with his muddy paws. I'd say he got the most out of chowfest. :D :D :D
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Again, what GREAT pictures! Thanks for posting all of them, Juan. You're very patient to fix and upload all these photos. I have a question though. Was it only Spesh, Kuma and Nova who went hiking? Or were they just where the shutterbug was closest too? The trail looks like it's a four legged's delight!
mari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mari »

Katalin, Hubby & I made matching Sigs out of the pictures you shot of us!!! Thanks, they came out really nice :P !

And yeah, I would say he probably did get the most out of chowfest or better yet Chowfest got the most out of him.. He was exhausted on the ride back and lazy all day today!
Here's a pic of Kuma & Nova on their ride back home..Kuma slept for most of the ride back and Nova was daydreaming of Special Dark :inlove:

OMG... While i was posting this message, Kuma was napping beside me and was chowtalking in his sleep.. it was soo hilarious.. if i had the camera close by i would have shot a small video so u all could laugh..LoL :mrgreen:
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG, that pic of Kuma is amazing!! Hubby said "look, Nova is not drooling!" I didn't even tell him about what you wrote about her progress yet.

Zhuyos Mom, yup, it was just those three that went hiking, the other chows stayed behind to spend time with each other.

Special D is still tired, I can see it in his little eyes as he moves from spot to the next to curl up in. :D
mari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mari »

Zhuyos mom wrote:Again, what GREAT pictures! Thanks for posting all of them, Juan. You're very patient to fix and upload all these photos. I have a question though. Was it only Spesh, Kuma and Nova who went hiking? Or were they just where the shutterbug was closest too? The trail looks like it's a four legged's delight!
Zhuyos mom, yeah.. it was only Special, Kuma and Nova that went on the hike.. The other chows were taking it easy and relaxing in the shade..lol I-)
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

chowfrnd88 wrote:Layla, it would be wonderful if you came here in the winter with Alf and Millie. Although I can't guarantee you'll be leaving with Alf and Millie... :D :D :D It would be fantastic to meet you all. We are out all the time in the winter with SD anyhow. I think he's happiest in the winter at the park. It would be great to have a winter chowfest.
We'll be in Philly from about the 20th Dec for 10days. M&A are coming as their usual chow sitters are away as well, I just don't trust anyone else with their care (how paranoid am I!) WEe love to meet anyone that's free :D
Thank you Elodie!
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: East Coast Chowfest 2008 Photo Gallery

Post by Coco Chow »

I'm so sad I cannot participate to any chowfest... :?
They look so great...
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: East Coast Chowfest 2008 Photo Gallery

Post by chowkidz »

Jaun and Mari those are great pictures, you really did capture the whole day.

!
Layla wrote:Millie & Alf are coming to Philly with us for Christmas, can we do a winter chowfest so they can meet all the lovely chows?
WE ARE SO UP FOR A CHOW FEST IN THE WINTER!
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage