East Coast Chowfest 2008 Photo Gallery

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: East Coast Chowfest 2008 Photo Gallery

Post by alfaphlex »

Extra- Special D, Nova and Kuma walking their parents through the trails part2

alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Extra- Drive Home shots

Last edited by alfaphlex on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

Wow, that was a lot. makes the total 245 shots I believe.

Here are the links to the 2 youtube Chow Fest clips:
Special Dark, Kuma and Nova - posted this one in an earlier post.
Special Dark and Paz - uploaded this one a few mins ago.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics and vids as much as I have \:D/ !

edit- In retrospect, I really wish more of the Chows had gone on the hike because both the trail and grass made for really good shots. Much better natural lighting, chows in constant movement, the scenery, etc. Also, I'm sure the chows would've gotten along much better after the hike and from there would could/should have gone to the dog park and let them loose.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Awesome photos Juan and Mari! :D Thank you soooooooo much for all the pics. They're great! And thanks for the links to videos too. :D

I love the captions to the pictures!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Great photos. I agree it would have been cool had we all been able to go for the walk and then to the park, but i know my kidz were already hot and if we would have went it could have shortened their fuses. That's why i think it would be great if we can do a winter chow fest.

Thanks again for all the awesome shots!
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

chowfrnd88 wrote: I love the captions to the pictures!
Glad you like the captions. I'm pretty silly when it comes to those :lol:
chowkidz wrote:Great photos. I agree it would have been cool had we all been able to go for the walk and then to the park, but i know my kidz were already hot and if we would have went it could have shortened their fuses. That's why i think it would be great if we can do a winter chow fest.
Well Michelle, you already know there are a few candidates interested in a Winter Chow Fest. So far it's Kuma/Nova, Jade/Nanook, Gordo/Paz and Millie and Alf are going to be in Philly for 10 days this winter so we cannot disappoint. That's 8 right there. There's another chow (beautiful one too) here in Philly who I'm more than sure we can convince to come as well... so that's 9 already (same as chow fest).

With the possibility of others PA, MD, NY resident chows who weren't able to make it, I'd say it could be HUGE. And it'd be great because the chows would not get tired and grumpy from the heat.
T-BONE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by T-BONE »

Juan & Mari - thanks for the beautiful pictures! I'm still learning to resize/retouch and then I'll be able to upload my pictures.
I wish we would've taken T-Bone on the walk but he was also hot (if you didn't notice he was panting the whole time! BTW - is that normal??).
In any case, we would love to get together again. CF was FUN!
alfaphlex
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by alfaphlex »

T-BONE wrote:Juan & Mari - thanks for the beautiful pictures! I'm still learning to resize/retouch and then I'll be able to upload my pictures.
I wish we would've taken T-Bone on the walk but he was also hot (if you didn't notice he was panting the whole time! BTW - is that normal??).
In any case, we would love to get together again. CF was FUN!
Glad you and everyone enjoyed the shots. I can understand that it was too hot for some of the chows to go on that long of a walk, so it's ok. About T-Bone's panting: I'd say it's pretty normal, he had the same breathing pattern every other chow had, except that his was louder, which I thought was cool. I don't see anything wrong with it though unless he was only breathing like that at CF and a few days before/after it.

I was pretty confident that the heat wouldn't bother Kuma and Nova, ESPECIALLY Kuma. Like I told Katalin, he's indestructible. I've taken him on 3mile walks, jogging half of it, and guess what's the first thing he does when he gets home? He finds a ball (so many to pick from too) and brings over to me/Mari, drops it at our feet and starts licking and pawing us like crazy because he wants to play fetch. :roll: