MIDWEST CHOW FEST JUNE 20-22 2008

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

Re: MIDWEST CHOW FEST JUNE 20-22 2008

Post by chris »

awww.... looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Im so sorry I missed it. :-(
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Honeymoon with the entire family in Michigan? I hear the Michigan West Coast is "beautiful"

Larry
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

I feel so bad. I am so behind in posting pictures. Hopefully this weekend I'll sort through them. I am sure I have a great picture of Simba. He was such a gentleman about posing for me. I have been raving to everyone about how great the dog park was and how much fun Sophie and I had at the beach. Yes, we made it to the beach on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Auddymay and Haley meet us at Kruse Park on Friday for sunset at the beach with Pippa and Lily. Auddymay then proceeded to bribe Sophie with jerky treats--she sure does know that way to my girl's heart.

On Saturday, Sophie and I got up early and went hiking at one of the state parks in the area. I was please to find out that many of the parks in the area allow you to take your dog out on the trails. Unfortunately, I meet up with the state bird--the mosquito. Next time I'll remember the bug spray. Then we headed over to the dog park. Ai Shu has grown into such a big handsome boy from when I first meet him last year. Inside the doggy play area Lily showed off her moves for avoiding her new BFF Hannah. For such a little thing, Lily is one fast ChowChow. I still think that Cheyenne has the most gorgeous red coat that I have every seen. Simba and Ai Shu have such thick soft coats that you can help but want to stroke them and they're sweet about letting you. The covered pavilion where we had our cook out was perfect--plenty of room for all the chows to roam or just sit and relax. Larry was nice enough to grill some extra hamburgers for the furkids--Sophie thought it was lip smacking good. After we'd had a chance to visit with everyone, we headed off in a mini caravan to Pier Cove Beach. Let me tell you, Miss Hannah has some awesome energy. First she raced around the dog park and then she ran up and down the beach with her dad. Holden dipped his toes in the water and then was content to look regal out on the beach catching a breeze.

Before we left on Sunday, Sophie and I meet up with AuddyMay, Haley, with Pippa and Lily, and Larry and Terrina, with Teddy, Ai Shu and Tobias, at the beach at Kruse Park again. I have to say I love this beach. Nice clean sugar sand and plenty of space for the dogs to roam. Sophie decided that Haley is her new friend and let Haley pet her. Despite the rain it was the perfect ending to our weekend. Sophie and I will be back again.
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

I got a few good pictures---

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

So cute! I hope we can make the next one.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Wow Looks like it was a great time. Wish I wasn't teaching summer school. Maybe next year.

David
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

The photos are cute