MIDWEST CHOW FEST JUNE 20-22 2008

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: MIDWEST CHOW FEST JUNE 20-22 2008

Post by Babs64 »

Sophie and I have decided to stay at the Best Western. We are coming in on Friday. My only concern is they are putting us up on the third floor. I have a feeling I'll be walking up and down three flights of stairs to get Miss Sophie in and out of the hotel.
CT Appa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CT Appa »

I'll have to check my fiancee's work schedule, but if it's clear Appa may make an appearance.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

I will stop in tomorrow and see if they have an elevator.

Larry
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Stopped by the Best Western tonight, very nice, near all the restaurants shopping and pet stores. Not far from the CF location. Very nice place to stay and they do have an elevator.

Larry
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Getting close =D= Can everyone who is able to make it please pm me with a head count. It is needed for the burger and brats. Any other menu ideas and who would like to bring what?

Terrina and I are bringing the burgers, brats, buns... some for the food and some not :lol: condiments and charcoal.

We will also have hot dogs for the kids, fur and nonfur.

Larry
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Our friends from Ohio Amanda and Renae will not be able to make the trip this year. Sure are going to miss you all :(
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

5 days to go! I've been trying to tell through the thread who all is coming and I haven't figured everyone out. Who all is coming?? :D

Good boy Holden and Piranha Baby Hannah will be there for Saturday but not Sunday. We can't swing the hotel stay so we'll just drive up and back on Sat. Plus, my birthday is Sunday so my family is going to come visit me. They were quite upset when I said I'd be out of town on Saturday 8)
ImageImageImage
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Hey ChowChow Mama. I spent my birthday last fall at the mini chowfest we had then. Best birthday ever, but happy birthday in advance.

I so wish we could be there. I know you guys will have a blast. I guess it's a good thing we won't be there because it means Sullivan is still around. Still day by day with her.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

All of my co-workers think I'm nuts when I mention Chow Fest. But hey... they have their interests and I have mine. I'm very interested to see how Holden acts with other Chows. And Hannah... well she'll just want to play with anyone and everyone who will indulge her.

Thanks for the birthday wishes and yes, even though you'll miss CF, at least Sullivan is still hanging in there. That's more important.

By the way... are we shooting for noon?
ImageImageImage
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Yep, that last I heard from Auddymay was noonish. I think she is going to get there a bit earlier to get a shelter table and grill. Have not heard from Auddymay or Chris? You two fall off the radar?

Larry
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Update on who is able to make the Chow Fest:

Auddymay
Deb's Chow
Chow Chow Mama
max5105
Babs64
Harris Clan
Did add or miss anyone?

Thoughts of a picnic are in my mind, love to eat :lol:

Auddymay and Haley:
cold salads- likely a potato and a tuna salad. Or similar.
Haley is also threatening to make jigglers,
Oh. And Chocolate no bake cookie

Terrina and I are bringing:
Burgers and brats.
Buns
Fixins
Fire

Chow Chow Mama is bringing:
Chip assortment.

Let me know what dish to pass you all would like to bring? Think BYOB will cover the drinks. So things like chips, veggie tray, paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils and deserts?

Larry
Last edited by Larry Harris on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I am bringing cold salads- likely a potato and a tuna salad. Or similar. Haley is also threatening to make jigglers, I find it odd, since she has hated jello from their first encounter as a toddler. Oh. And Chocolate no bake cookies...she does these well. =D=
chris

Post by chris »

:-(... Im so bummed... I am unable to make it. (BF's dad is not doing well and will probably only be on this earth a few more days or so.) But, I emailed Auddy... BF and I would still like to make it out to MI for a weekend and maybe have a small get together.... Larry, Terina? you guys in? not sure when yet... but figure who all is close to that area it would be fun.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Chris,

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. When ever you can make it this way we are in.

Larry
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Chris, My thoughts are with you and your BF.

I will bring brownies and some chips for the picnic on Saturday. How many chowchows are coming? Sophie thought she might bring some treats of her own to share.

Are there still plans for heading out to the beach on Sunday morning?
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Hope you guys have great weather and alot of fun. Take tons of pictures!
courtsey of Sweetpea
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Yes, I am still planning on a sunday at the beach. Having said that, if any of you out of towners are in your hotel before sunset, I would be happy to join you for a nice relaxing beach excursion.I will also be willing to do that on saturday since Holden and Hannah aren't staying the night. Since I don't have far to travel like some are,I am very flexible in what we do and when.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Yep, we wanna go \:D/ All the fur kids know something is up and are on their best behavior. We will have four with us:

Teddy E Bear
Brandon aka Boo Boo Bear.
Simba
Ai Shu

For the beach run we may bring rescues and let them play. I know Zoey and Kali would love an outing.

Barb will be about a 1/2 mile from us in the hotel, anyone else staying overnight?

Larry
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I would love for Holden and Hannah to see a beach. But, I don't expect you all to do that just for us. However, if it's not very far from where we'll be, we might do that on our own before we go home.
ImageImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It would be fun for everyone, and it is actually not that far away from where we will be. The weather is supposed to be 74 degrees, with some 'pop up' showers', but we will put on a pop-up blocker...lol. Pop-up showers and black ice are 2 new phrases that drive me to distraction!
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

I am really looking forward to taking Sophie to the beach. She is a total water dog. When I picked her up from Doggie Day Care today, they told me they had to ban Sophie from the pool today. Seems she was diving in and then doing the zoomies. Which in turn was driving a pack of Australian Sheepdogs crazy. I guess they were chasing after her trying to nip Sophie's tail. Hmmm, guess she didn't want to be herded. So, I can't wait to see what she is like at the beach.

I am probably going to be in around 5 pm on Friday. Anyone else driving over on Friday?
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

lmao @ Sophie

Hannah loves to get sprayed with the hose so we've been thinking of getting her one of those little kiddie pools for the back yard.
ImageImageImage
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Barb,

Our home phone is 616 738 0438 and my cell is 616 581 0087 if you need any directions.

Larry
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Barb, is sweet Ty making the trip this time around? After you are checked in, maybe you can come here to Kruse dogbeach for Sophie to get her zoomies in. After all the patience in the car, she will be ready!

If any of you cannot trust your furkids to run free, I suggest bringing as long a lead/tieout as you have. I will have 1 extra 40 footer for anyone who needs one to use. I suggest to all to pack a couple beach towels, the weather here is great today, and is supposed to be all weekend. I tell Haley all the time we take our beaches for granted, West Michigan has so many small lakes in addition to 'the big one', it is culture shock when you go mid or out-of-state.
Debs chow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Debs chow »

We will bring a desert and paper plates, utensils, napkins. Any thing else?

Al & Deb
Al&Deb
Cheyenne