Lakota: Nashville, TN - Female Chow no longer in need!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

How big is she?
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I can't remember who, but someone put a down vest on their shaved chow. The chow got so attached, it wore it even after the fur grew back!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

LOL Auddy. Millie Loves her rain coat, she smiles & prances along in it..... I think she thinks the squirrels can't see her in it.... :roll: :wink:
Thank you Elodie!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I am dreaming of a scenario in which the landlord says, "I love dogs! Go ahead and adopt her!" and the money for food and vet bills just pours in.

I'd love to adopt Lakota but as the above scenario is very much a dream, I don't think it'll be happening right now. :(

Hope she finds a forever home soon!
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Jerilyn, she's a relatively little girl at 50 lbs. She has acquired some spunk in the past month and now digs her heels in and refuses to go home at the end of the walk, I take that as a good sign. She's a solid little chunk, but I have no problem picking her up and putting her in the car when she goes stubborn. I'm hardly the weight lifting type, so I tend to think if I have no problems doing so, neither would anyone else. Auddy, I tried her in my X-sm down vest and it was too big, but she looked pretty cute in it.

Renae, the current management at my complex are the hugest jerks ever, and the only way they can advance themselves here is by finding any way to squeeze just one more dime out of the tenants. I expect any day now that I'll get the dreaded letter on the door demanding an exorbitant second pet fee, or threat of eviction.

Auntie Kelley babysat today (while I was at a wedding... can I just say to you younger members out there, there is nothing "cute" about the idea of having a Christmas wedding. Knock it off with that, already) and while I was listening to the most dismal wedding sermon imaginable, she got to see Lakota do her first zoomie! I was thrilled, I didn't think she would ever build up the confidence to do that.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

She's about Cinder's size.

I love that she did a zoomie! Teddy hasn't got the confidence to do that yet.
Jerilyn

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

"the current management at my complex are the hugest jerks ever, and the only way they can advance themselves here is by finding any way to squeeze just one more dime out of the tenants. I expect any day now that I'll get the dreaded letter on the door demanding an exorbitant second pet fee, or threat of eviction"

...if there's a pet fee, you let us Aunties & Uncles know! you will be covered on that for sure!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Sandy,

Just so the aunties don't double up on things. Miss PB and I are sending Lakota a nice winter coat and a rain coat (like Gwrol's). Tigger insists that I take a special something he caught with Uncle D (Kodi's daddy) out of the freezer and send it to Sophie. So a little something for Lakota and a little something for Sophie will be coming to ya!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Sandy, My apartment management are jerks in the biggest possible way. We just keep a list of all the things they do wrong, fail to do on time & write them snotty letter a lot. Pete does the BEST ones..... :twisted:
Thank you Elodie!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Zhuyos mom wrote:Tigger insists that I take a special something he caught with Uncle D (Kodi's daddy) out of the freezer and send it to Sophie.
"ohboyohboyhboyohboy"

I mentioned to Susan the other day that I miss the sneakiness of my youth, Karen. It would have been nothing to me to hide a bull moose back in my teen years. Let's just hope they are more incompetent than I am not sneaky.

Layla, it's hard to keep up with the rapid turnover of management and ownership here, but at one time I had the home office address... ah those were the good old days, when a letter of complaint could get the job done.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

We send them staight to regional managers Sandy :twisted:
Thank you Elodie!
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Worst comes to worst I could foster her, but I still worry over my girls aggression (Emma and Hanna) towards any more newcomers. It really is only around feeding time, but other that they seem to play a lot.

Sounds like she is adjusting to living with you, and hopefully a permanent home soon found.

If you need $$ for a pet fee I will chip in.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

ciaobella wrote:
Zhuyos mom wrote:Tigger insists that I take a special something he caught with Uncle D (Kodi's daddy) out of the freezer and send it to Sophie.
"ohboyohboyhboyohboy"
Yikes, I don't know what Uncle D gave to Tiggs that'd be in the freezer!! :shock: and he's not here to ask!! Yikes! :lol:

Have Sophie think squirrel or mouse with a bow wrapped on it, we haven't had possums (yet).
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

I will try, Cindy, but let's just be grateful she doesn't have a conga line of live chinchillas dancing thru her head. You know how she is.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

The bad attitude bully barn kitty that we feed at the park picked a fight with Miss L yesterday thinking she was just a little marshmallow dog, and she barked back at her. The first time I have heard her bark in a month of having her. I am so proud. 8)
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Holden here:
Good job Lakota! Get those cats!

Hannah here:
What's a cat? If my big brother doesn't like them, then I don't, either. Or maybe I do... Mom? Do I like cats?
ImageImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

\:D/ Good for you Lakota! Gotta put them feline rodents in their place!

SWANCIN wrote:
Have Sophie think squirrel or mouse with a bow wrapped on it, we haven't had possums (yet).

Shiloh here: Humph, we had a possum on the back fence the other night. Dad was busy watching more football so Mom came out to see what I was barking at...a big ole possum was sitting on the fence, teasing me! Mom yelled, "Shoo! Get" - then she picked up a fall apple and threw it and missed it by a few feet :roll: then she got real brave - she got close and bumped the possum's butt with the flashlight!! Had it fallen on our side of the fence, Mr. N and I could have packaged it up and send it to Lakota and Sophie - it was big enough for 2!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Cinder here:

Lakota, you go girl! All cats are to be eliminated. You ever been to the vets and people come in with cats in plastic boxes with holes in them? Those are chow box lunches, you know!
Jerilyn

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

chow fancier wrote:in with cats in plastic boxes with holes in them? Those are chow box lunches, you know!
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Hehe, they had a rather subdued staredown today, I think Ellie (the cat) respects her now. Fear, no. Respect, yes. Poor Lakota, she had been the perfect lady with the cat up to that point, I think it actually hurt her feelings.

Sophie says that if you had knocked the possum into a box with the flashlight and taped it shut really fast, it would have been a done deal, what's the problem? He probably wouldn't have come out of his faint until he was airborne and halfway to Tennessee, Auntie Karen.

That's more like her kind of box lunch. :lol:
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
kubbi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kubbi »

We're waiting for a call from a local shelter to do a home inspection. If all goes well we will be welcoming Lakota into our family soon! :D
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Woo hoo!
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh yeaaaaa Miss Lakota! Please spoil her rotten and treat her like the fairy princess she is! :D
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Fantastic news!
Jerilyn

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Great news! :D

Jess
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix