Lakota: Nashville, TN - Female Chow no longer in need!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Lakota: Nashville, TN - Female Chow no longer in need!

Post by kingalls »

Posted on Craigslist:

Chow in Desperate Need of New Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-468573801@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-11-04, 9:41AM CST

Can you please help? A 10 year old spayed female white chow is in desperate need of a new home. She has been part of our family since she was 6 weeks old. We are relocating and are unable to take her with us. It breaks my heart to have to leave her behind. If I don't find a home for her very soon, she will be put down. She is a very sweet and gentle, loving baby. She is not aggressive and does not bite. She is deaf and her sight is not that good anymore, but otherwise she is healty and gets around good. She comes with an igloo dog house, a 10' x 10' pen and a thermostatically controlled heated water bowl. If you have a big heart and a back yard or wouldn't mind keeping her inside your home, can you please help her. If you are unable to help, will you please pass this email on to your friends or families. Time is running out quickly.

Thank you for your consideration.
is in desperate need of a home. She is deaf and her sight in not
real good anymore. I have had her since she was six weeks old. We are
relocating and can not have any animals where we are going. She is very
gentle and loving, does not bite. She does not have any health problems
that I know of, besides what I mentioned. She has a dog pen and a
electric thermostatic water bowl. I don't want to have to put her down
just because she has some age on her, but I don't know what I am going
to do if I can't find her a home soon. If you can help, please let me
know.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Wow, this is a girl that could use some spoiling. Ten is not that old, that's Sophie's age and she's still full of spunk.
Last edited by ciaobella on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Susan Herd sent me pictures but I can't seem to post them. This is a pretty cream Chow. If anyone would like to see the pictures, please PM me if you would like me to email you the pictures.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

I might have found a foster for this girl... very nice woman who has just lost her 12 year old chow mix and is heartbroken. Unfortunately, she'll be going to Scotland sometime in the near future, so it would only be a stop gap measure.

Any takers for this girl? She looks so bewildered and so sweet.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

you are breaking my heart..
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Forty chow or more, Bubba? She'd help protect you from the coyotes and the haints around that lake.
She would be lucky indeed to have you, no pressure. O:)

I'll even give her a bath so's you don't have to be the bad guy.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Got my third paw while wheedling and whining, how appropriate.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

yes dear

but my ship has not come in yet .. i did not get the mercenary job at 200K , not won the lottery yet ,,

not got the 40 acre parcel..

do not let any loyal chow girl get put down on my account,

where is it these folks are relocating to they can not take a chow girl thats lived with them forever.. i took old chyno the biter to Italia..

i will foster .. but thats what i said about the rescue sheltie monster and she will live with us until she dies.

what a fun trip to louisiana ,for christmas , a wild tooele barn cat , sheltie monster, the Hero Chow ,
the old blind cream girl,,
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

On the up side she's not totally blind, just deaf and probably just selectively so as our chows are. You are a sweet, sweet man Michael. Can I put you on stand by if the other foster can't come thru? I will meet you in Clarksvegas with bells on and chow in tow.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

port of last resort,

my wife will cut me with a razor

Fort Dondelson , Grays Battery ,by the field gun, at dawn
must i drive to clucksville, all those stoplights scare me , id rather drive in italia or paree..

i will start to work on my wife about a foster possibility , maybe not take an old girl whos folks threw her out to bossier. maybe i could let her staw with the chiwawa mill across the street .. thats where the sheltie/coyote mix came from..

tell me again why it is some one can not take a girl lived with them 10 years with them ,, are they going to Iraq ?

there is process to import to GB[ the isles] now..

don't you know..
is that waneful cream . pictured ?
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Mm. Ft Donaldson, I'll have to check my tourist map.
Work on the wife, and keep all vital body parts protected, my friend. 8)

She has never been an inside dog. It would be great if she had Gwyrol to teach her proper inside protocol.

I really haven't gotten into the why's and wherefores with the gentleman, but if it comes down to them even considering PTS, well, that just can't happen.

Here is a direct link to their ad:
http://nashville.craigslist.org/pet/468573801.html

Maybe you know something he doesn't per pet transfer.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

i do not see any thing about where they go.

if they go to GB they need to start about a year before departure, get a ISO compliant micro chip , the shots, the pet pass port blah blah blah,, i can look it all up again ..it is an expensive process.. i expect. on the other hand going in to iceland is pretty much out.. very restrictive there..

fort dondelson..its on the cumberland river , us 79
Last edited by bubba on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LucysSusanH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nashville Chow

Post by LucysSusanH »

Would the person who has been in contact with the owner please PM with any details you have - such as how long we have before it is too late? I cannot take her myself but am more than happy to do the legwork on this end to get her to safety and on to where she needs to be. Michael, if you are in the picture, Clarksville is no drive for me. Only thing, I am leaving town Friday noon and won't be back till Sunday evening.

Thanks!
Susan
Lucy's Susan H.
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

it would not be a forever home and i will catch big trouble from wife,, it would be easier if i had already retired..
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Poor sweet dear...The photo tells the story for me. She looks like she never saw a brushing, let alone a microchip. My cynical side is rearing it's ugly head. Michael, if I hit the lottery, I'll be your Chow rescue sugar mama. Hope the wife is progressive, hehe.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

I am going to Nashville next week on business, I will have to re-read this thread in the morning... too tired ATM, but if she is still needing to get pulled I can do it.
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Well, here's what we've got. Stachia for fostering, Michael on standby, Sojourner to the rescue, and... no chow. Susan and I have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the guy to get back to one of us, we are ready to go get her.

Sean, you are an angel. Go get some sleep.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Owner finally made contact, we are a tentative "go"
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

That's good news, lovely lady chow. If I were closer by, I'd love to groom her. I hope she won't need to be shaved. But that's the least of the problem right now.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Got her. Needs vetting, needs to be buzzed down to the skin. Filthy and unbelievably matted, but what a sweetheart.

I will never, ever complain again about Sophie being dirty and needing a bath, ai caramba.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I'm so happy to hear she's in excellent hands now. You all have put a lot of work into giving her a second chance.
She has been part of our family since she was 6 weeks old. We are relocating and are unable to take her with us. It breaks my heart to have to leave her behind.
...but yet she is going to have to be shaved to the skin...how can some people live with themselves.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

a sweet girl

maybe there will be some one to love her.

if she is to be sheared then there will not be any outside living for her until her coat come back in .. too cold even in tenneseee for a sheared chow..

she can live here , in hopes that some one will want to love her , here she would be the second stepchild ..lady the first rescue step child thinks she is boss of everything ,,,, the big stud boy lets her keep this delusion ,

we ask ... who loves you the most ..

if you rescued this girl , scratched her head , hugged he , rubbed behind her ears, brushed her once a week

the answer would be

the old cream girl loves you the most

the Hero chow ..
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Ah, Michael, bad news. She is not like fearsome Chyno the biter, she is a lover. There are 5 or so square inches of her that's not covered in mats around her face that can be scratched, and she really leans into those scratches. Such a sweetness.

Couldn't get her shaved today, she needed to be vetted first. Heartworm negative (whew), ears are clean as a whistle, heart and lungs sounded good, waiting on fecal, got her shots and a Capstar. Vet seemed to think she did not have mange on her nekkid little possum tail, but we'll have to check again once she is sheared.

49 pounds, she hasn't turned down a meal, but seems to be filled out OK.

Her vision is not great, seems to me like depth perception problems, but distance vision OK. Not completely deaf, either, and I wonder if a lot of that lack of response is listlessness or hopelessness. She seems much better today.

I just love her, she is a dollbaby and so grateful for any kindness. She has pretty good pigmentation for an older cream chow and such a pretty purple tongue. It's very unusual, fluted at the end like an iris petal. And very kissy.

I'm loading some pictures, but I have dial-up, so it'll be awhile.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

There ya go.

Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3