Please help lost chow in maryland

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

Please help lost chow in maryland

Post by daddysgirl1977d »

Hi this is not my chow chow although i really would like to see her safe return to her mommy .. all the info is below

it was posted on a local web page under the pet section .. if anyone out there lives in maryland and has seen this dog please let me no so we can help her have a safe return home

thank you
Kristy

Please help us find our dog Onyx. She is a black female chow chow with white/gray hairs on her tail and backside. She has been gone since Sept 15th and we are very concerned due to her age and the fact that she takes medicine everyday. She is blind and partially deaf so if you see her please approach her slowly. She is not a mean dog but she does need to smell your hand before you pet her. She was wearing a collar with our address and phone number. She escaped from our neighborhood (Brampton Hills). If anyone has seen her or has any info please call me ASAP.

i would love to put her pic up but i dont no how she is black long haired some one tell me how to put the pic up an i will

thank you again
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

So sorry to read this!!

Here's a link with really good search resources/info (have to dig for links, many pages long!)

http://chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... t=lost+dog
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

thank you so much i really hope we find her with age and health i would hate for her to be out there alone for to long
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Post this on the site they are at, If they Haven't already done all this.

!. Post a picture and the info all around the neighborhood and local vets.

2. Go around to all the shelters in the area and file a missing Chow/dog report.

3. take an Add out in all the local newspapers

4. Post the Chow missing on K9AMBERALERT.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/K9AmberAlert/

5. post his picture and info on your local graigslist

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/md

6. Check pet finder with your zip code everyday,
21075, 21201, 21202, 21203, 21204, 21205, 21206, 21207

http://search.petfinder.com/search/sear ... tion=21075

7. post picture and info on these sites

DogDetective:
http://www.dogdetective.com/

Fido finder:
http://www.fidofinder.com/
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

[quote="Jeff&Peks"]Post this on the site they are at, If they Haven't already done all this.

Thanks Jeff! I knew you could post more concise info.

Best of luck, friend of daddysgirl1977d!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

omg thank u thank u thank u .. i am goin to see if she wants me to help her fill them out .. you guys are the best wish us luck in finding the doggie

Kristy
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The two most important things are to post flyers around the neighborhood and letting the shelters know he is missing. If they haven't checked the shelters they better do that fast and call everyday, Chows and shelters don't mix.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I'll check the shelters near us.

Where is Brampton Hills??? I tried doing a search on it but couldn't find it. Is it a neighborhood in Baltimore?

Please pm me and we can coordinate a search. I can drive around the neighborhood, etc. or anything else that you might need help with.

I hope she's safe and sound and turns up very soon.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Echazottes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello I am Emilie the owner of Onyx....

Post by Echazottes »

I just wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all of the resources you have provided. I did want to answer the question about where I live. I am located in Ellicott City MD very close to the Long Gate shopping center and right off of 103.

I went out yesterday and put up about 100 flyers. I have also posted to each website you all have suggested including mdlostpets.com. I got a phone call this morning but it was from a neighbor who saw her the night she got out, other than that I haven't heard much. We contacted animal control for our county and filed a lost dog report. The only other place for animals in our county is animal welfare and I called but they do not take in strays or animal surrenders.

Thanks again! We miss her so much and pray every night that she will come back home to us.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I hope you find her soon please keep us posted we are all praying for her safe return
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Echazottes, I sent you a pm.

Hang in there!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Could you post a picture of your Chow, alot of us are always looking at petfinder and shelters we may come across him.

ImageImage
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

hey i know some of you wanted to see a pic of the dog i have her on my myspace page tring to get ppl to see her and help find her .. my page address is
http://www.myspace.com/daddysgirl1977d
thats the best i can offer u unless she gets on here and knows how to post a pic ..

thanks again guys i really hope she finds her baby .. i no i would be lost if i lost one of mine
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

She hasn't posted on graigslist or K9amberalert that i can see, if she could post a picture and all the info I can do it for her.

ImageImage
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

here is the id number for the one she has on craigs list
425391797 if you go to pets in baltimore md and put the number in the search bar it will pop up its titled help us bring onyx home ..

im telling u all this because it also has a pic of the dog on the post .. so it comes up better on their then it does on my myspace page .

i just called some local shelters around like 330 this after noon so far the dog has not come in .. i called baltimore co and howard
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just posted her on K9amberalert, The post has to be approved before its sent out.

If your not busy e-mail this photo and info to all the shelters and vets in the area. Calling dosn't do much good at some shelters unless they have a picture.

Lost ChowChow, Black female, Howard county area.

Onyx is a black female chow that weighs approximately 50 pounds. She escaped from our fenced in backyard on September 15th and has not been seen since. She is very old (13yrs old) and she takes medicine on a daily basis. She is partially deaf and blind so approach her slowly. Once she is able to sniff your hand she will be very friendly. If you have seen her please do not hesitate to contact me day or night. My cell phone is 410 215 0453. We miss her more than you will ever know! Please note that a reward is being offered for her safe return. If for some reason you feel uncomfortable approaching her simply call the Howard County animal control and then contact me ASAP. Do whatever you can to entice her with food such as pieces of ham or cheese. Thank you

ImageImage
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

ok im on it now m goin to email it to every shelter in howard baltimore carol and harford they seem to be the closest co to where the dog was lost .. thanks for putting that pic on here i have no clue to to post a pic lol
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

They do have a shaven black female Chow at the howard county shelter,

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MD106.html

ImageImage
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

its not her ..owner just looked its not her :( thank you
i just emailed local shelters sent them all the same email ..
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I'm getting replys from the K9amberalert, one person is posting the picture and info coast to coast.

ImageImage
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

did u get any leads ? thats great that its goin coast to coast .. i think we may be able to find her its only been a couple days im praying she comes home safe
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

That's what I've been thinking too daddysgirl (it's only been a few days so hopefully she'll be in the vicinity and will be back home soon. She'll be in our thoughts. Hopefully some of these sites turn up some leads. Like I said, if you need help canvasing the neighborhood, please let us know, we'll be more than glad to drive out there.
daddysgirl1977d
Rank 0
Rank 0

thanks .. i have ask the owner to let me no if their is anything we can do to help told her that there are a few of us that are willing to drive around and do flyers heck i would even go door to door .. cant really yell for her she deaf so thats not really an option just sucks cause i no she must be scared being deaf and half blind it makes it hard . i just pray shes not hurt
Echazottes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pet Detective?

Post by Echazottes »

So has anyone ever hired a pet detective or knows anyone that has hired a pet detective?? I think we are going to go this route..........she was recommended by someone from the animal shelter and her name is Laura Totis? sp? She uses her dog to track lost dogs and their scent. I pray that she is able to find Onyx. Wish us luck! I will keep everyone posted.
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

The rescue Larry and Terrina Harris (both members on the site) were working with used a pet detective last month...I don't know if it's the same person, but they might be able to give some insight. Another forum I'm on a girl's dog got loose while staying at a kennel while the owner was out of town. She and her husband are using the same women as the one above (looking at her site, I saw the story of the dog Larry and Terrina were looking for). She has helped them a lot, getting the word out, help tracking the dog to different areas, last night they had a sighting of her after almost 2 weeks. It could have just been by chance, but I think using a pet detective is at least worth considering.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh