Shakespeare chow (aka Carson chows)

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Good news for these sweet chowlings! That donut photo is sweet, Lily has loved to prop her head while sleeping since she was a wee thing as well. It brought back fond memories!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Aw, Lou that is great news!! (I'm also glad that my check finally made it there! :D) The donut photo is very sweet... too cute.

I just saw how much of this post I have missed, I'm sory that Cicero didn't get to come home with you. :(

Marble for Cyrus huh? Now that is how a chow chow should be treated alright! :lol:
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

So much has been happening lately which I haven't really caught on to. Zhuyo's mom, you must have felt gutted. I feel for you. Can I send you a big hug from me & many purple kisses from LEO? It is nice to hear the babies are finding their forever homes. I feel so bad I couldn't be of more help. Thank you so much, Jenn, Lou and everyone involved in the rescue, kudos to you all.

Leonora's mum
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

For your viewing pleasure, a current photo of Ophelia:

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

shes the cutest little pumpkin I've ever seen (~~)
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

jacqui wrote:shes the cutest little pumpkin I've ever seen (~~)
Wait 'til you see what I got from Target today :lol:

She is SO cute though :D
Thank you Elodie!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

News FLASH..... Ophelia and Oberon have been adopted! They are now in a beautiful home with a HUGE yard with their new mom, Liza and daddy (whose name I forget at the moment). These chowlings' names have forever changed to: Mischief (Missy for short) - appropo since her sponsor is Ms. Mischief on this site. That's Ophelia's new name. Oberon, the youngest of the seven chowlings, is now named Beau. BOTH their new mommy and daddy had chows growing up, and then they had one together as a couple who passed away about 6 months ago at the age of 12 years. Missy and Beau love their new backyard so much that they would not go inside last night!!!! I will post photos once I receive them.

So thank you again for all of you who have followed the journey of these sweet and innocent creations. I'll move this thread in the rescued section at weeks end. Also, thank you very, very much to all of you who sent donations and sponsored a chowling! The total donations and sponsorship of a specific chowling allowed all seven to receive their first two sets of vaccinations. Many, many thanks from Rocket Dog Rescue!

Maluhia, Vrede Afrikaans, Síocháin, Pingan, Fred Danish, Amniat, La Paz, Heiwa, La Paix, Der Frieden, Shalom ... Peace =}= (a message from Miss PB).
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

That's so great! How wonderful for Mischief and Beau (great names, too).
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

There is an update on these chows. Wednesday evening, very late in the evening I must say, the 10th of October, Jenn got a call that said "I'm heading to your place and I'm returning two of the chows". Jenn, with much diplomacy, composure and dignity, asked no questions and received the two chowlings back into her home.

Here is an update on them:

ImageImage
This is my little brother, Beau. His Shakespeare name was Oberon. He was the runt of our chowling family.

ImageImage
This is my sister, Missy. Her Shakespeare name was Ophelia. She was and still is our socialite.

This is Beau and Missy together. They will be growing up together forever. You see how big Beau is now. I bet you he can beat me up, he's so big! To think he was a little squirt of a chowling back in the day.

ImageImage
This is my other brother, Yogi. His Shakespeare name was Cyrus.

ImageImage
Again, this is my big sister, Akira. Her Shakespeare name was Desdemona.

Image Image
My little sister, Phoebe. Her Shakespeare name was Phoebe.

ImageImage
And this is yours truly. "I am Tigger! Hear me roar!!!"

Oh, and God Bless Kodiak (Shakespeare name was Lazslo).
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

CONGRATULATIONS LOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

Congratulations!!!!!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Congratulations Lou and Pooh Bear! I'm sure Tigger will thrive with you. I can't wait to see all the pictures as he grows up.
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.