CA - Looking for My Very Own ‘Annabelle Lee”

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby WildThings » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:03 pm

Jenn, that is such great news!!! I hope they come to the site...it would be great to be able to see he progress. You have been Poe's guardian angel through this whole thing...I'm sure he will never forget the person, and rescue of course, that gave him an opportunity to have the life all animals deserve.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Boogie and Linda » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:27 pm

HOORAY FOR POE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every Chow needs a forever home. Jenn, you did a great thing for him. I remember his first picture and the desperate plea from the rescue on Craigslist. It is hard to imagine that how far he has come. Good work! :D

Auddymay

Postby Auddymay » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:54 pm

That's so nice to hear! Yeah Poe!

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby TJordan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:27 am

What great news. I am so happy for POE!!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!

poe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Poe

Postby poe » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi everybody. Thanks to everyone who has supported Jen in her efforts to help Poe find a good home. We are very happy to have Poe as a part of our family.

When he first arrived, he was very nervous, and would hide under the bed whenever he could.

Now that we have had him in our home for about 2 months he almost never tries to hide, and he follows us around all the time. He knows how to come when we call him, and to sit, and he gets really excited when we put on our shoes to take the dogs for a walk.

We tried our best to give him attention...

And to keep him nice and clean...

And to help him get along with his sister...

And now, though he still has some issues meeting strangers and getting used to sudden motions, there are some activities that he enjoys. Such as...

Sleeping...

Eating his toys...

And most of all, looking out the window at the people and cars as they pass by. He would really do this all day if we let him.

So thank you to Jennifer and the folks at rocketdog, as well as the rest of you on this board for your kind support of Poe.

---Poe's Parents

coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby coleywoley » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:58 pm

What wonderful pictures. He looks happy where he's at. Welcome to the site!

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Sharons Chows » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Welcome to our site!

It sure looks like Poe has "not adjusted" to having people that love him. He looks very happy!
He sure is a precious little boy. Bet once his fur grows in he will be a real beauty.
And how do I know all of this so well...my Cheyenne came from a terrible life and was almost 4 when she moved in...it took her quite awhile to adjust and she still spooks a little with strangers, but after almost 2 years here...she has turned into a real gem and soooooooooooo spoiled...just ask her Chow bro, JR...he will tell you that she is now Miss Prissy!!! By the way when she moved in her fur was pretty scarce...now she is a big ball of "orange fluff"

Enjoy your new addition...and keep those pictures coming.

Sharon and her gang.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Layla » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:15 pm

Ahhhh, it's lovely to see how well Poe is doing. Thank you so much for the pictures & update.
Thank you Elodie!

Zhuyos mom

Postby Zhuyos mom » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:33 pm

WELCOME!!!!

This smile just says it all!!

Thank you for joining the site. We hope to hear lots of stories of Poe and his sister. Word on the street is his sister is an excellent delegator! And... I'm glad you weren't frightened when a crazed chow mom, jumped out of her car and went after you today! :lol:

LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby LEO's mum » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:45 pm

Thank you very much Zhuyo's mom for comforting endorsements.... I'm so happy to see the pictures on the site so everyone can see how good Poe looks now. Yeah, yeah, he needs his coat to grow back, but we can all see he looks a different dog from the very first pictures we saw a while back. I'm sure Zhuyo's mom can testify to that as she was the one who had the opportunity to meet Poe in person at a very early state of fostering by Jenn.

To Poe's forever parents, I will PM(Private Message) you w/ my contact details. Also take a look at the Special Events, Birthdays and Anniversaries section for a picture from this year's ChowFest NorCal held at Crissy Fields back in July.

I'm just so happy I spotted you and you didn't turn around and shoot me for the crazy girl I am...... :P Then again, this is SF, not LA..... right Jeff????

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Postby Judy Fox » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:14 am

Wonderful!! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Dogdad » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:41 am

Welcome to the site and thank you for giving the love to Poe that he deserves. I am sure he will repay you 1000 times for it.

dogdad

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby fillyok » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:50 am

Wow!! What a difference. He looks quite content and probably a little bit spoiled. :wink:

Like Sharon said, it takes time with some of these Chows. My Ping has been with me for over 1.5 years and still freaks with fast motions and strangers. She's the high-strung one of my pack, but that's part of her charm.

I'm so glad you were "spotted" and decided to post some pictures for us. Watch out though, once we get a few pics we keep wanting more. We love photos of all our furkids...Chows or otherwise. :x

Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby Boggled » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:55 am

It's so exciting to know how this all came about!
He looks good!
Congratulations! :D

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby WildThings » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:03 am

I so happy you posted pictures. Poe is looking great and looks so happy. Welcome to the site also!
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby bama » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 am

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you!
Seeing Poe, a former homeless, unloved castaway, living a happy new life, brings tears to my eyes!
Lou is right, that smile says so much!
I especially love photo of Poe looking out the window!
Poe is giving you such a sweet puppy-dog look,
"let me look out the window all day daddy, please!"
Too cute!!!

Thanks Leo's Mom for being the, "crazy woman" that you are
and making the connection for us all to share in Poe's new life!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby sit_by_the_beach » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:39 am

Welcome to the forum. I am so happy to see new pics of Poe. His face has all filled up. He looks happy.

My first chow, a rescue would hide under the dining room table, I figured that was her den. Poe will be different in a year from now, he made great progress already. I still have his old pics, I will delete them. I always wondered about him, Great news,
thanks for rescuing a chow,
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby TJordan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:32 am

WOW Poe is looking good. When his fur grows in what a beautitful pup he will be. He does look happy!! Welcome
SweetPea Rocks!!

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby chowfrnd88 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:47 pm

OMG, he's a different chow. :D He looks amazing, he looks like there's finally a peacefulness in his eyes. The photos brought tears to my eyes, thanks for joining teh forum and posting those wonderful pictures.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea

chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby chowchowdaddy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:57 am

This is such good news! I'm so glad for you and for Poe. Our chowkids, Emperor Ming and Tempest, had been asking if their contributions to rocketdog helped Poe and now I can tell them that I didn't embezzle their money and it actually did go for a good cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby Chow Chow Mama » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:13 am

Welcome and thank you for giving Poe a home [:D]
ImageImageImage

chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby chow fancier » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Yes, welcome. And if Poe is going to spend all day looking out the window, then he might want his bipeds to build him a nice window seat right there. :wink:

He does look happy!
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Postby vicster605 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:59 pm

Yes, WELCOME to the site!!!! And thank you for giving Poe a new chance in life. He sure looks happy. He's gonna be beautiful when his fur grows back in and he has the sweetest face :D :D

Thanks Sweetpea!

Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby Roxana » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:23 pm

This post has made my day!! Thank you for posting and welcome to the site. I think out of all the rescues we've had on this site, Poe is the one that sticks in my heart the most. I'm SOOO happy he has his forever home. Thank You! :inlove:

zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby zingara_princepessa » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:00 am

These pictures made me cry like an idiot. My boy looks so happy, doesn't he? His new parents are wonderful people, and it shows in Poe-dog's face.

I'm pretty sure Poe's story will be featured in a publication called Bay Woof in December or January. I'll make sure to share the article with all of you.

Thank you once more for all the support Poe & I received from all of you at cc.org, and I'm so glad you're able to see the fruits of your help in these photographs!
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!

Return to “Rescued Chow Chow Stories”