CA - Looking for My Very Own ‘Annabelle Lee”

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Thank you very much Zhuyo's mom for comforting endorsements.... I'm so happy to see the pictures on the site so everyone can see how good Poe looks now. Yeah, yeah, he needs his coat to grow back, but we can all see he looks a different dog from the very first pictures we saw a while back. I'm sure Zhuyo's mom can testify to that as she was the one who had the opportunity to meet Poe in person at a very early state of fostering by Jenn.

To Poe's forever parents, I will PM(Private Message) you w/ my contact details. Also take a look at the Special Events, Birthdays and Anniversaries section for a picture from this year's ChowFest NorCal held at Crissy Fields back in July.

I'm just so happy I spotted you and you didn't turn around and shoot me for the crazy girl I am...... :P Then again, this is SF, not LA..... right Jeff????
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Wonderful!! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Welcome to the site and thank you for giving the love to Poe that he deserves. I am sure he will repay you 1000 times for it.

dogdad
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Wow!! What a difference. He looks quite content and probably a little bit spoiled. :wink:

Like Sharon said, it takes time with some of these Chows. My Ping has been with me for over 1.5 years and still freaks with fast motions and strangers. She's the high-strung one of my pack, but that's part of her charm.

I'm so glad you were "spotted" and decided to post some pictures for us. Watch out though, once we get a few pics we keep wanting more. We love photos of all our furkids...Chows or otherwise. :x
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

It's so exciting to know how this all came about!
He looks good!
Congratulations! :D
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I so happy you posted pictures. Poe is looking great and looks so happy. Welcome to the site also!
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you!
Seeing Poe, a former homeless, unloved castaway, living a happy new life, brings tears to my eyes!
Lou is right, that smile says so much!
I especially love photo of Poe looking out the window!
Poe is giving you such a sweet puppy-dog look,
"let me look out the window all day daddy, please!"
Too cute!!!

Thanks Leo's Mom for being the, "crazy woman" that you are
and making the connection for us all to share in Poe's new life!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Welcome to the forum. I am so happy to see new pics of Poe. His face has all filled up. He looks happy.

My first chow, a rescue would hide under the dining room table, I figured that was her den. Poe will be different in a year from now, he made great progress already. I still have his old pics, I will delete them. I always wondered about him, Great news,
thanks for rescuing a chow,
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

WOW Poe is looking good. When his fur grows in what a beautitful pup he will be. He does look happy!! Welcome
SweetPea Rocks!!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG, he's a different chow. :D He looks amazing, he looks like there's finally a peacefulness in his eyes. The photos brought tears to my eyes, thanks for joining teh forum and posting those wonderful pictures.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

This is such good news! I'm so glad for you and for Poe. Our chowkids, Emperor Ming and Tempest, had been asking if their contributions to rocketdog helped Poe and now I can tell them that I didn't embezzle their money and it actually did go for a good cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Welcome and thank you for giving Poe a home [:D]
ImageImageImage
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Yes, welcome. And if Poe is going to spend all day looking out the window, then he might want his bipeds to build him a nice window seat right there. :wink:

He does look happy!
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yes, WELCOME to the site!!!! And thank you for giving Poe a new chance in life. He sure looks happy. He's gonna be beautiful when his fur grows back in and he has the sweetest face :D :D

Thanks Sweetpea!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

This post has made my day!! Thank you for posting and welcome to the site. I think out of all the rescues we've had on this site, Poe is the one that sticks in my heart the most. I'm SOOO happy he has his forever home. Thank You! :inlove:
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

These pictures made me cry like an idiot. My boy looks so happy, doesn't he? His new parents are wonderful people, and it shows in Poe-dog's face.

I'm pretty sure Poe's story will be featured in a publication called Bay Woof in December or January. I'll make sure to share the article with all of you.

Thank you once more for all the support Poe & I received from all of you at cc.org, and I'm so glad you're able to see the fruits of your help in these photographs!
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thank you for giving us heads up on Poe upcoming article on Bay Woof. I love that periodical!!! Once it is out, if anyone wants a copy, just PM me and I will send you one.
chris

Post by chris »

thats awesome! another happy ending
Zhuyos mom

Re: CA - Looking for My Very Own ‘Annabelle Lee”

Post by Zhuyos mom »

This is an updated photo of Poe. Unfortunately, he is being returned to Rocket Dog Rescue after 7 years. He moved out of state two years ago and is enroute back to San Francisco.

Along with Valerie of Rocket Dog Rescue, Jenn is coordinating Poe's return. If you know anyone who would be interested in fostering or adopting Poe, please contact zingara_princepessa via PM or email her directly at jenn@lgrescue.org
Attachments
Poe 2014.jpg
Poe 2014.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 21588 times
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

[-o| [-o| [-o| Praying for Poe to be re-homed soon!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Because he's considered a senior chow at the age of 9, LGR (Loup Garou Animal Rescue) may be offering sanctuary to him. He arrived back to San Francisco yesterday and is doing really great.
chow4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chow4life »

I just finished reading Poe‘s complete story. I was so happy to see he had found a forever home. Then I was saddened to see after 7 years he was returned. I was wondering what in the world happened? At least he was returned to a rescue group and not to just anybody. There is nothing as sweet as a senior chow. Fingers crossed that he can find a home where he can chill and be comfortable and content.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Poe found his Annabelle Lee in me and lived to the grand age of 16 with not a care in the world. He was no longer a snake-bit/feral like in temperament chow, nor was he noise reactive. He behaved gently with children, was definitely my personal secret service agent in chow form and most of all he was confident and knew he wasn’t going to be passed around and become alone in this world ever again. He was very welcomed and loved playing with other chows. He had a secure home, secure people that cherished and catered to his every need. Getting to open (solo) his very own Christmas presents delighted Poe to no end. Rescuing Poe was a grand achievement by the village cc.org was back in 2005, 2006, 2007... Poe died with dignity, natural and peacefully in my arms on Thursday evening, May 27th, 2021. Resting in Paradise, over there near the Happy Hunting Ground, just as one crosses the Rainbow Bridge, is Poe, along with the hundreds of other cc.org chows (and quite a few of our members too like Jenn, Janet and Jeff; plus nonmembers like Valerie, his Rocket Dog Rescue godmother).

Remembering: POE
https://youtu.be/yX6xO_eGUkI
Attachments
You don’t know how much I miss you!
You don’t know how much I miss you!
E99B59FD-AB86-4122-A491-6052E4B3FF64.jpeg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 16841 times