Can you believe this? KYRA's rescue story.

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I am so glad you are getting her Vicster! She is a real beauty.

I can't believe that the breeder, (I agree Renagade; Cringe), doesn't know how rough chow puppies play. And that she SPANKED a chow puppy for playing.

Please tell me she's not going to breed anymore until she learns.....

again congrats Vicster...beautiful chowling.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

j72 wrote:Oh yes... I can see how frightening she is... look at the horror and bloodshed in her eyes... Carla, how COULD you let your daughter be near such a MONSTER! LOL! :laughloud:
I know... you should call DSS and Animal control! ;-)
actually, you know what I am really pissed about... we just spent about $300 on the cat getting the cat fixed and if I'd have just waited a week I could have had Epsilon do it for free! as that was from his sore rear end. :shock: Poor kitty. :-( But really it was just a tiny tuft of fur he is fine, that can can handle himself. He actually has moved the chows away from thier bowls and taken thier food. Now thats my kinda cat... I'd say he has balls, but not anymore... Oh sorry for the bad humor folks.. I am just tired.. Vicki's baby is a real sweet sweet girl and her mom deserves her :-)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Victory, I really believe this LADY :roll: is going to go home and keep on with making her money off of these pups!!!
She REALLY is very IGNORANT!!!
I really believe she needs some medication as she is not well {was that nice??} Good :wink:
Would you believe she acted as though she was worried about me taking this puppy??? Well, she did drive 4 hrs to bring the puppy to Carla.......so I'm gonna give her credit there. It just NEVER crossed her mind to have her eyes fixed, even said it would be TERRIBLE to have to live with your eye lashes rubbing on your eyes. :roll: :roll: I would of gotten 2 jobs to get her eyes fixed if that is what it would of taken or HEAVEN FORBID spend some of the money that she sold the other 4 puppies for and do it.....
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Victory wrote:I am so glad you are getting her Vicster! She is a real beauty.

I can't believe that the breeder, (I agree Renagade; Cringe), doesn't know how rough chow puppies play. And that she SPANKED a chow puppy for playing.

Please tell me she's not going to breed anymore until she learns.....

again congrats Vicster...beautiful chowling.
Nope.. I don't think she got it... I tried very hard to explain it to her that if people aren't willing to do what I do then they shouldnt breed. I even sent her to my website where I say that exact thing. I have been tempted to post the email from the "breeder" (cringe) I sent it to Vicki, if she wants to post it, feel free to. But it says it in there. Folks.. I know that we have her phone number and email addy, but please hold off throwing poo pies at her till Vicki gets the papers on the puppy. She is keeping those till its done.. of all the gall. but I was worried about legality, and the contract I had her sign pretty much gives me and vicki that. Not to mention the microchip. :-)
But this "lady" :? I feel is still going to breed. I mean she did make out you know... 4 puppies she sold.. didnt spend much on them. by the look of the coat it was horrible puppy food, and no shots, one worming... gosh.. she made out. And yes this was a breeding she tried for, her first. Oh I could get on a soap box... Lets say its breeders like that have puppies that end up in shelters. But not this one. :-) and she will be home with Vicki on Wednesday before lunch. :-)
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

vicster605 wrote:Victory, I really believe this LADY :roll: is going to go home and keep on with making her money off of these pups!!!
She REALLY is very IGNORANT!!!
I really believe she needs some medication as she is not well {was that nice??} Good :wink:
Would you believe she acted as though she was worried about me taking this puppy??? Well, she did drive 4 hrs to bring the puppy to Carla.......so I'm gonna give her credit there. It just NEVER crossed her mind to have her eyes fixed, even said it would be TERRIBLE to have to live with your eye lashes rubbing on your eyes. :roll: :roll: I would of gotten 2 jobs to get her eyes fixed if that is what it would of taken or HEAVEN FORBID spend some of the money that she sold the other 4 puppies for and do it.....
sorry for the quotes again folks LOL.. Well it did occur to her till she found out it would be $500 ... where is the profit there. I mean that would be responsible, not profitable. gasp. But I did pay her to bring me the puppy, and I am greatful she accepted. It was just so jekel and hyde. Yin and Yang... I can say there was a bit of good, but was so much to it that just made me so upset.
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

That little puppy is adorable! AWW, you are one lucky Chow MOM!! :) Congrats!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

j72 wrote:YAY CARLA!!!! She couldn't ask for a better babysitter! i bet she is getting plenty of non-spanking puppy play time at your place! YIPPEEE!!! Puppy is SAFE SAFE SAFE!!!
Hugs Jen! and Cherie, and everyone who has wished this puppy well. As my vet was going over the puppy, I was so relieved when she gave an all clear on each thing... its just her eyes and those can be fixed. Thanks to the original author of this thread, you are the real hero here. I couldnt have helped this puppy without you! So my hat is off to you! and this baby sends you the biggest purple kiss of all! and the lady at the Delaware rescue! None of us would have known about her...and a beautiful sweet sweet life could have been lost, so thanks so much for posting :-)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yes, but Carla if you hadn't emailed the WOMAN, we would have all gone home as we were doing that, saying OH WELL she doesn't have the puppy anymore......guess we will never know what happened to her, hope she found her a GOOD HOME..........So YOU ARE HER HERO, and get you some of those PURPLEKISSES because she sure looks HAPPY to be with you and your family!!!THANK YOU, HUGS
and THANK YOU to the original poster again!!!

Thank YOu SOOO MUCH for all the well wishes and CONGRATS EVERYBODY!!!
I am one PROUD MOMMY!!!She is SOOO ADORABLE!!!And I think this is a meant to be story with a HAPPY ENDING!!!!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Vicki,

I had to get back home to get an update on the puppy!
Wow........Carla's mom is shipping her to you!
This is a wonderful story of incredible people!!!

Carla, You Rock!!! \:D/
You have gone above and beyond to save this puppy!

Carla's mom...you must have a heart of gold!
You are incredible!

Vicki,
I am so happy for you, I just want to shout!!! :laughloud:
She is so adorable and snuggly looking!
I know we'll be changing that name...Epsilon?
This blue baby deserves a name that defies her ugly past.
A name that is full of hope and promise.
Congrats to you, I happy for you! You have given this baby a chance a life, a happy one at that!
You go girl!! =D= =D=
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

bama wrote:Vicki,

I had to get back home to get an update on the puppy!
Wow........Carla's mom is shipping her to you!
This is a wonderful story of incredible people!!!

Carla, You Rock!!! \:D/
You have gone above and beyond to save this puppy!

Carla's mom...you must have a heart of gold!
You are incredible!

Vicki,
I am so happy for you, I just want to shout!!! :laughloud:
She is so adorable and snuggly looking!
I know we'll be changing that name...Epsilon?
This blue baby deserves a name that defies her ugly past.
A name that is full of hope and promise.
Congrats to you, I happy for you! You have given this baby a chance a life, a happy one at that!
You go girl!! =D= =D=
A brag on my mom... She is such a fabulous person. She won the ethics in action award for the entire southwest virgina area. she is president of the realtors assoc. She has on so many occasions given up her commission so a young couple can buy thier first house, taking what would have been her commission and giving to the couple on closing day as thier down payment. We didnt grow up with much, and now that she is blessed she loves to share it with others. She taught ME the love of all animals as a young girl.
I cant say the same of my natural dad.. he used to shoot dogs right in front of me. I grew to hate him. Maybe its why I love my dogs so much, I even took Rhen to my sisters college graduation, the let her because they thought she was a seeing eye dog! LOL..long story. But I have my mom to thank for my love of animals. She is a great person and an inspiration to me.
Now I sent more pictures to Vicki! :-)
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Carla,

You have obviously taken after your mom!
Please inform your mom that I think she is wonderful!
I hope she gets to see this puppy and receive some great big purple kisses from her!
She deserves it! And so do you! :D
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

OMG, I can't believe I missed this. CONGRATULATIONS[ She certainly doesn't look like the child of Satan like she was labeled. I am so glad you got her.

David
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Well Vic, I like Angellica. If you double K yourself you wil be confusing names all the time, saying one when you mean the other.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG, how did I miss this thread??? I have tears streaming down my face. This story turned out to have such a wonderful ending!!

Carla, you are so wonderful for saving this little girl! Your mom sounds like an amazing person too, it is so incredibly wonderful what you have both done for this little girl and Vicky.

Congrats Vicky on your new cutie pie (OMG she is CUUUUUUUTTTTTTEEEE :D ), I am so happy for the puppy and you. I agree with Auddymay on the names, those names sound very similar. I like Angellica too, it suits her and her story.

Kitcatak, thanks for posting this and setting the wheels in motion, you have saved a life. and everyone else who called this woman, you're all amazing!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I can't stop thinking about this story. I wish that there was a way to stop her from breeding again. I bet in her mind this validates her efforts, she may be thinking "it's okay to breed puppies willy nilly and if I have puppies with entropion, etc. because I can still have people to take them, so it's okay to have a few puppies who need surgery in a litter, I'll just sell them discounted, etc." Between that and her spanking the poor baby, I wish there was something we could do. Carla, do you think there's anything that can be done after Vicky has the baby, maybe if nothing else in regards to the spanking?

Kitcatak, did the rescue lady who contacted with all this info have anything to say about her or if anything can be done?
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I am so glad that this story has a happy ending. What a great effort on all of your parts. Great people!!!

I am so happy for your new addition!!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

chowfrnd88 wrote: Between that and her spanking the poor baby, I wish there was something we could do. Carla, do you think there's anything that can be done after Vicky has the baby, maybe if nothing else in regards to the spanking?

Kitcatak, did the rescue lady who contacted with all this info have anything to say about her or if anything can be done?
I am NEVER the best with words, and when trying to make sure that I kept this lady "on my side" so she would hand the puppy over to me, I was very careful with what I said to her. I did send her to my website where I specifically say that if anyone is not willing to do what I am doing (not 3 litters close together) the health checks, even basic, contracts, microchipping, taking puppies back, GETTING PUPPYS HELP if they need it!, first and 2nd shots, deworming, finding a good forever home, putting together a puppy care package to give the parents and the puppy a GREAT start, that THEY SHOULD NOT BREED!!! I even told her that. I was talking with Sojourner11 about breeding practices. And where things go wrong. People must breed, bottom line, or there wont be any chows. I dont agree with the show standard, so I breed what I like, that is healthy...Ok..so what do we do to stop "bad breeding" and what makes bad breeding. Ok this lady is a perfect example. She didnt have a clue, she didnt have homes for the puppies thought of, or in advance. She knew she bred them, she had 58 days from conception to birth to let people know and find good forever homes, then she had 8 weeks after birth to do the same. She sold 4 puppys, the 5th needes surgery. She not only didnt spend a penny on vaccinations and the other 2 wormings they needed... ok, I'll stop.. she didnt do anything that should be required of ALL breeders. I want to have legislation passed that breeders MUST be responsible for what they breed. Not just while it is with them, but if the parents cant keep them due to death or abandoment, that the breeders take responsiblity. Tell me.. how many puppy millers or BYBs will fixing thier dogs so fast because that will be a hassle to put forth such WORK. To keep track of the puppies, I require photos every 3 months. We need to make sure that "people" like this ahem.. "breeder" DON'T breed, or if they do, they are held accountable! I didnt go get this puppy for vicki for kudos, I got it because it deserved better. It made me sick to think about what she was doing. I sat here reading her email and cried my eyes out. THIS is the KIND OF PERSON WE SHOULD STOP! How many of her puppies do you think will end up in a shelter? Or the parents of them, probably weren't given any training on how to raise a chow chow puppy. They aren't your run of the mill average "dog" ya know. Oh... I will get off my soapbox.... Sorry it again was sooo long... she just makes me so mad... heartbroken is more like it for the other 4 WE couldnt save. I don't want you all to think I am some kind of glory seeker... I just did what this baby deserved...I got my satisfaction from seeing her face and playing with her, and giving her her first shot, and bathing her and putting a bow in hair and looking in her eyes. She has such pretty grey eyes. :-)
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cheriekynb »

:D Carla, I send Sid's "parents" pics, health updates AND videos every month or so.. THEY LOVE IT!! They really loved the video!! It really lets them know just how healthy and loved Sid really is. OK SPOILED TOO! I think you should propose a bill.
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Um... do we have a picture of this bow in the hair?
I'll be needing to see this.
Carla, it is my sincere belief that regardless of what opinion anyone on the list may have regarding breeding, no one would ever be able to disagree that you have the doggies best interests at heart, and will do whatever you can to make things right in they're lives! [:D]
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cheriekynb »

j72 wrote:Um... do we have a picture of this bow in the hair?
Carla, it is my sincere belief that regardless of what opinion anyone on the list may have regarding breeding, no one would ever be able to disagree that you have the doggies best interests at heart, and will do whatever you can to make things right in they're lives! [:D]
[:D] [:D] :x
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

On both counts, yup!
Thank you Elodie!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Layla wrote:
On both counts, yup!
Aww... :D If I knew how to post pictures I would... I could send one to someone and let them post... Or you can wait till tonight and let Vicki post them... I don't think she'd mind us gushing over her baby!
any takers just PM me your email addy and I'll send you the pictures. :-)
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Layla wrote:[:D] to you Carla.

She SPANKED the pup? Hmmm, best not say what i'd do to her :evil:

So exciting to think that the pup is safe, well & heading to a great furever home :D
Question that comes to my mind, AND SHE'S BREADING CHOWS??? but doesn't know anything about them??

Anyway, WAY TO GO!! I love happy endings and your new girl is a beauty!
~ Sally
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Salandra wrote:
Layla wrote:[:D] to you Carla.

She SPANKED the pup? Hmmm, best not say what i'd do to her :evil:

So exciting to think that the pup is safe, well & heading to a great furever home :D
Question that comes to my mind, AND SHE'S BREADING CHOWS??? but doesn't know anything about them??

Anyway, WAY TO GO!! I love happy endings and your new girl is a beauty!
Ok ya'll can giggle at this... She made me look like an expert! ;-) (Hey I do know a thing or two... but always learning)...
Here is an excerpt from her email.... prepare to cringe...
ok, here's the deal.

i worked all night to make this website to try to earn money to get epsilon her surgery. i took out an ad in the paper. she has started becoming more and more aggressive and ferocious with her sister, drawing blood even. my partner and i argued over whether it was just puppy play , but i have had chows for 6 years and i have NEVER seen such wild ferocity except for video of wild dogs fighting.

when i tried to break up a fight last week, she turned and grabbed my finger and drew much blood, piercing it directly through. i scolded her, and she wagged her tail. she has always been one of the sweetest, funnest, smartest puppies. she loves her people but attacks the other puppy if she even so much as walks by.

my poor daughter tried to break up a fight as i ran down the stairs wednesday night to help, and epsilon, in her rage and poor eyesight (i
suspect) turned on my 9 year old daughter. she grabbed her arm and shook it for a few seconds before she realized it was human. but even when my screaming daughter pulled her arm free, epsilon pounced back onto the black puppy. here's where i grab each dog and wrench them free from eachother.
they calm instantly. but when i place them back on the floor, epsilon lunged for the puppy again. this blind rage scares me. my partner said give me epsilon, wed can train her not to do this. i yelled that it cant be trained out. theyre chows, theyre naturally going to behave aggressively. but epsilon is more thanb i have ever seen. i do not think she has hope.
along with her physical malady, and this aggression (i couldnt even keep her around the other dogs, she has to sleep in a 3x5 pen now) i went to have her put down yesterday. they took my information, and told me because she has bitten and pierced my skin, i had to keep her in quaratine for 10 days, then by law she has to be put to sleep. we are all very sad epsilon isn't going to make it.
we walk by her crate and she wags her tail.

if i could give her to a rescue, do you think she can be helped? i just want this to be over, it's breaking my heart. i want epsilon to not have to live in a cage. what if someday she does this to a baby's face? can we justify trying to save a dog in exchange for the safety of the public? i know she can NOT be alone with kids anymore. i KNOW she CANNOT be with other dogs. if i give her to a rescue, and the animal control officer comes, and i dont hav e her, will he arrest m,e? will he fine me? will he track her down? what can i tell him?

end of email from her (this is just so you all know what was occuring when you thought she was gone. I thought she was gone too, but then I got the above email.. and another...
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

and the other... and I immediately was on the phone... and PMing Vicki and Jen like mad...
well, i just caved to epsilon whimpering and let her outside. as soon as she passed delta (the other puppy) delta pounced! im starting to think maybe this is a learned response theyve taught one another. maybe it began in play but when one hurt the other, they kept trying to 'one up' eachother. neither has a problem with my female lhasa apso, even though theyre bigger and of course no problems with the parents. i hope someone can find a new home for epsilon soon. this having to seperate them is driving me crazy.

i eveb tried spanking them with a pat on the behind and saying "NO"
forcefully. it worked as long as i followed them and kept repeating "NO"
when they ooked at eachother funny. this worked for ten minutes, until i went to the bathroom, and all of a sudden i hear their growling and tussling. i cant watch them constantly.
end of her email.

So it may give you some light that she did want in some way good things for the puppy, but definately did not know how to handle chow puppies. I have a puppy bitch born Feb 17 and we will temperment test the puppy formerly known as Epsilon, tonight when my husband gets home. with both on lead. And an older dog. Belle as she is so good natured. and possibly Latte as Latte is a trouble maker. (all on leads folks. ) There shall be no bloodshed before 6:15 am... tomorrow! Or after since that didnt sound right. ;-)