Can you believe this? KYRA's rescue story.

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

kitcatak
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitcatak »

Ha! I got both of those emails as well! Word for word. I guess she has cut and paste down pat!
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

We are still talking about a 10 week old puppy right? I am completely baffled that this lady was that afraid of a 10 week old puppy. Thats like saying a one year old child who bites another child in daycare is a serial killer.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

kitcatak wrote:Ha! I got both of those emails as well! Word for word. I guess she has cut and paste down pat!
wow... I guess I was lucky she'd talk to me on the phone...But in any event...Focusing on the one positive here... She is a beautiful and 99% healthy puppy.
OH OH OH... My vet gave her eyes a good looking at and there apears to be NO corneal damage! Woowhhooooo...Of course if I had more time with her I'd take her to tech and have them look at her eyes and do her surgery, but she needs her mom. And vicki is MORE than capable of getting a firm grasp on the situation and taking care of her.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa28 ... ing006.jpg
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

WildThings wrote:We are still talking about a 10 week old puppy right? I am completely baffled that this lady was that afraid of a 10 week old puppy. Thats like saying a one year old child who bites another child in daycare is a serial killer.
exactly...

Ok.. trying this again..

RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

THANKS JEN!!! You have no idea what you have done! bwahahahhaahh I am a photo-haulic! Here is the killer meeting Ember... oh look how viscous!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

and another one...
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

That is the cutest little puppy. I love the little bow...it makes me want to put one in Tess's fur (oh I can imagine the annoyed look she would give me).
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

p.s. that is the cat feeder by the door... it is a come as it pleases cat and that keeps water from getting in... The dogs have no clue that there is catfood in there... or they just don't care...And another of the puppy formerly known as Epsilon with Dominic...
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

WildThings wrote:That is the cutest little puppy. I love the little bow...it makes me want to put one in Tess's fur (oh I can imagine the annoyed look she would give me).
I imagine it would look much like the annoyed look that Vicki's puppy gave me... and then she forgave me.. and then I took it out. :-)
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

It made me think about putting a bow on Simon... but he is still holding a grudge over the bumble bee costume I put on him for Pet O Ween.
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

I can't imagine a puppy that small intentionally biting to hurt. I got Jasmine at 12 weeks, she was from an abused situation and then abandoned. She was the sweetest thing as a little one, but she liked to play rough. I'm assuming because she never had the socialization with her litter mates to teach her not to hurt when she plays. She'd bite and growl and shake the crap out of her toys as she ran through the house.

I'm thinking this is just puppy play, and this lady has never seen it before because none of her pups has been this, do I say, playful? Maybe having been isolated from the others, and when she put them together Epsilon, having never been taught to play, didn't know how to play, was just so excited to be with other dogs.

Jaz would draw blood sometimes with me, and I taught her "be easy" she learned quickly. She still plays rough and at times gets carried away, even with other dogs. "be easy" calms her down enough to not hurt when she is playing. She also knows what "ouch" means, and will immediately stop doing whatever and look at me, cos "ouch" means something could either hurt her or someone else.

Something doesn't ring true though. If the AC had her quarantined for 10 days, then would put the pup down, why would this lady want to adopt out such a vicious dog, knowing it would hurt someone else? I'm wondering if the AC was ever involved in the first place? All so confusing not being there and knowing first hand.

I'm just GLAD this baby has a forever home!
~ Sally
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

j72 wrote:It made me think about putting a bow on Simon... but he is still holding a grudge over the bumble bee costume I put on him for Pet O Ween.
You must post that to me...
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

[quote="Salandra"]I can't imagine a puppy that small intentionally biting to hurt. ..quote]

I let mine play with thier sire from 4 weeks onward. Bliss has loved to play and teach the babies when they are being too rough...
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

heh heh... yep, I'll send it along. Just don't tell him I showed you. He'd be MORTIFIED!!!
He did take second place though....
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

She is like manna from Heaven!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

okay.... I am now home and can see Rhen's pics. Those are SO CUTE!!!!

Here are Simon's Halloween pics... doesn't he look HAPPY?!

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

AW so cute

David
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

How in the heck did I miss this entire thing??? Well, I'm here now and all I can say is YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Awesome news all around!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

j72 wrote:okay.... I am now home and can see Rhen's pics. Those are SO CUTE!!!!

Here are Simon's Halloween pics... doesn't he look HAPPY?!

Ohhh too cute! I am soooooo tell-in!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

Aw, what a cute little Chow. So "rolly-polly".. :D
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

ALL of the babies are sooooo cute!!!
Especially the the lil human one!!!! :D
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Carla, now that you have photo posting skills, it is time to refine them a little. When you have especially large photos, it is better to make them a little smaller at Photobucket. Usually the smallest crop only makes it a little smaller, but the dial-ups can open them much easier, and it will keep the page from widening, making it necessary to use the back and forth scroll to read the journaling. :wink:
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Carla,

I think that a photo monster has been created!!!!

Vickie's new baby looks so beautiful with her hair bow.

You did a great job with everything!
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Auddymay wrote:Carla, now that you have photo posting skills, it is time to refine them a little.:wink:
I "sowwy" Auddymay :-( Is that better. Just think of it as making up for lost photo-posting time. :-) I have funny story for you, its on your worst chowfest realized thread. :-)
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

:-D
Thanks