Can you believe this? KYRA's rescue story.

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Hey Carla, my baby girl looks soooo clean and sweet with her lil bow in her hair!!!
I can't wait to get my hands on her!!!! NICE JOB on that first bath!!! SHES SOOOO PRETTY!!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I love that pic of Simon - what a face!

Carla - your pics are great, what a lovely pack you have.

Layla
Thank you Elodie!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Carla, truly you are the woman of the hour!
People here have done so much for chows this year and it is only MAY!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

vicster605 wrote:Hey Carla, my baby girl looks soooo clean and sweet with her lil bow in her hair!!!
I can't wait to get my hands on her!!!! NICE JOB on that first bath!!! SHES SOOOO PRETTY!!!
:-D
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Getting Vicki's baby to the airport.
Ok. So the goofs told me to take her to the Cargo terminal. So round and round I go, looking for "Atlantic Southeast Airlines (They are the Pet First Delta courier) Nope.. nothing.. So finally I park directing in front of the terminal.. post 9/11 no no. Oh well.. had no choice. Run in, ask the delta lady where in the devil is the cargo terminal so i can check in the chow puppy. She says "Oh you check it in here." (mental scream is happeing) I run out and get the puppy. She has my info as I handed her the printed details of flight number etc. What does she do... she takes the people BEHIND ME first says You will take 30 mintues they will take 2 minutes... the people behind me protested, One lady said, my flight isnt until 7something take her first! Did the ticket counter clerk listen.. NOPE. SO I have to take the puppy out of the crate.. in which you all know the reaction from the crowd of people....Everyone say it together... "Awwwwwwwww! How cute!" :-D I tell them very briefly about her, and everyone is loving on this ferocious killer...Yes, I think she needs to be quaranteened for licking thier faces off? Is that an offense?;-) Even the security guy for the feds was smiling his rear off. He said he "had to check her too, and winked and gave her a rub. :-) Her tail was wagging away...So there were people now ahead of me to go through the security, the guy said "who's next.. 5 folks ahead of me, stood aside and said "she is" (OMG I liked to have cried) the same folks who went ahead of me in check in wanted to wait so she could make her flight...Well back up to the counter I go after the security... The lady then says... Oh let me try to run her out to the plane myself to see if she'll make it... she was THREE MINUTES LATE... this is now 6:11 and the plane leaves at 6:15.... Yes I was there early. ARGHHHHHHHhhhhh.... and yet she checked in 3 folks ahead of me... But where is the puppy!?!? I said, can I have the puppy back please... She said.. Oh I can send her to cincinatti.... I think I gave her the "did you have crack with milk for breakfast" look. I said... she is going to New Orleans and its time and temperature sensative. She said its cooler in cincinatti. So... the puppy, vicki's sweet baby, has now left and is enroute to Cincinatti. Everyone say a prayer for this baby. I put a block of ice in with her so it would melt slowly and give her water. And she has food. and shredded paper... They wouldnt let me put anything else in like a toy :-( This girl is so sweet I couldnt help but well up as I said goodbye to her. To think she almost didnt have a chance at life... Thank you so much to the Delaware rescue and the original poster... This baby owes her life to you!
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

YIPPEEE!!!! She is on her way! :-)

I'm sure Vicki is just nearly needing a pack of Depends because of the excitement!!!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

So is she connecting to New Orleans from Cincinati? When is she expected to arrive? How long does it take? Ohhhh...I can't wait either...somebody HAS to keep us posted!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

BLESS YOUR SWEET HEART CARLA!!!! I can't THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
I'm sittin' here WAITIN"!!!! Can't pick her up until 11:00 and it is now 9 am
Will leave at 10:00 for the airport, I'll bring the camera :biggergrin: :biggergrin:
I can't wait to get my grubby lil' hands on her :biggergrin:
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh and I called she is in the air!!! from the Cin. Flight!! :biggergrin:
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Vic, I have this great big goofy smile on my face and I plan on it being here at LEAST until Sunday! I am SO SO SO happy for you!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

:biggergrin: :biggergrin:
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Gotta GO!!! WE will be back SOON!!!!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Roxana wrote:So is she connecting to New Orleans from Cincinati? When is she expected to arrive? How long does it take? Ohhhh...I can't wait either...somebody HAS to keep us posted!!
She will be there in 27 minutes! 10:37 am Central time.
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

vicster605 wrote:Oh and I called she is in the air!!! from the Cin. Flight!! :biggergrin:
:-) I am so glad...She is such a sweet girl... With those eyes (that the breeder said no one wanted,) she looks at you with so much love. She is a very sweet girl. She and YOU deserve this! :'-)

OK I am talking to Vicki NOW! She has her!!! HOooRayyy!!!
She will tell you all about her and send pictures when she gets home!
:-D :-D :-D
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

She has her!? is there tail wiggling and kisses? And what is the puppy doing? Putting up with tail wiggling and kisses from Vicster?! LOL!
Oh I just can't WAIT to hear from vic!!!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Yay yay yay, how exciting! Can't wait to see more pics of her.
:D
Thank you Elodie!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

j72 wrote:She has her!? is there tail wiggling and kisses? And what is the puppy doing? Putting up with tail wiggling and kisses from Vicster?! LOL!
Oh I just can't WAIT to hear from vic!!!!
Something like that:-) Her water had run out You can only put a small container in and I actually took that container out and Peter and I made our own, a bit larger. and connected them with zip ties. I froze the water so it would melt slowly and not slosh out. But it was done, and she had eaten all the food. I put another small pouch of food on top for her, along with the onlything they'd let me attach to the crate, which was her purina puppy pack. In all the fuss, I left her eye ointment here. :-( So perfect I am not. I will just mail it with the goody bag to her first thing tomorrow. I'll send it out with Peter.
:-) I'm glad this is a happily ever after. :-)
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Carla... I cannot express my disappointment in finding out that you aren't perfect. I'm not sure what to do with this information but I guess SOMEHOW I will have to get past it and move forward... ;-)
I'm so happy that she is there safely with her mommy and I look SO forward to hearing all about they're adventures together! I wonder if Kearra knows what she is is IN FOR! HA HA HA!!!!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

OMG! I cant wait until Vickie gets on here to post, I need to see pics!! How long does it take to get home from the airport anyway?? C'mon...drive a little faster! :lol:
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Roxana wrote:OMG! I cant wait until Vickie gets on here to post, I need to see pics!! How long does it take to get home from the airport anyway?? C'mon...drive a little faster! :lol:
Vicki asked me to post to you all that her electricity is out. They are having a thunderstorm. As soon as she can she will pop on with loads of pics and tell you everything!
So far Kearra and the puppy are making nice. :-)
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Why oh WHY is fate working like this?! LOL!!!!! Oh the anticipation!
I'm so glad Kearra and baby are getting along... Of course, looking at the pics of the baby I was concerned about the bloodshed.
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

[quote="j72"]Carla... I cannot express my disappointment in finding out that you aren't perfect. I'm not sure what to do with this information but I guess SOMEHOW I will have to get past it and move forward... ;-)
quote]
YUP! So Deal with it. If I didnt have a good sense of humor I'd probably be insane. So I am perfectly happy not being perfect, are you following me?;-)
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

oh great.... now we're going to negotiate you NOT being insane!? HA HA HA!!! :biggergrin:
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Where O where are the photos of this Blue Baby Girl??? :shock:

Carla, you are awesome! First, you take the time to track down this furball, then you drive 6 hours to pick her up, and as if that isn't enough, you take her immediately to the vet, you groom her, vacinate her, and pack her up for shipping, ultimately send her on her way to her new mommy!!
I'm so sorry you had to deal with the airlines...that part is a real pain in the butt, I know.
Carla, you are truly an inspiration and allow me to say, "sweet" yes you are sweet!

Sean and Sam...you guys are always there to help out a furkid in need. Your willingness to help in this rescue demonstrates what sweethearts you two are!

Vicki,
Don't you have a generator to get that computer up and running??? We're having photo withdrawl??? :D :D
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Darn you thunderstorm! <<shaking fists at sky in anger>>