Can you believe this? KYRA's rescue story.

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

kitcatak
Rank 1
Rank 1

Can you believe this? KYRA's rescue story.

Post by kitcatak »

I received an email today that was a forward from a dog rescue in Delaware.
Hello there,

My name is Lisa Edwards and I am a volunteer for a Delaware rescue A Buddy For Life. We have recently been contacted from two different individuals that are in need of chow chow placement. Our foster care network is stressed beyond its limits and we have even had to place some of our dogs in boarding. If you can help these two lovely girls please let me know. We are desperately trying to find someone that can help them. I have a deep soft spot for chows and it is killing me that we just don't have the resources to help these two gorgeous girls. Please consider helping them!

Puppy:
Our Executive Director has contacted these people for more information, they are breeders and can't sell this puppy because she has entropian. If someone doesn't come forward to buy her at their reduced price and get her surgery to fix her eyes, they are going to kill her.
http://view.admission.net/admission/cla ... rtnerlogo= The classified ad stated: "Pets & Livestock/3030 Chow blue F, needs eye surgery $50 adoption fee w/papers can U help me 3028979779"

Seven year old:
We have listed Shadow as a courtesy listing on our site as well. The "foster family" of this great girl might have already contacted you directly since we also gave her your contact information. This is what we listed on our website: "My name is Shadow. My family situation has changed and I need a good home. I love to be around people although I am a little shy. I am 7 years old and in good health. I am a big girl, but I am very docile and sweet. I have lived with cats and older children but I have been around all ages. I am used to a leash but I also love having a yard to lounge around. I am living with a foster family now but really need a new permanent family to love me. If you think you may have a place for me in your home, please call: (610) 430-8098. Please help Shadow before she runs out of time. Her current foster family can only hold onto her until May 24th and they will be out of town until July. Shadow needs help now." http://abuddyforlife.org/pets.html?id=1642
--
Lisa
A Buddy 4 Life
http://abuddyforlife.org/

ADOPT OR FOSTER A SHELTER DOG!

At least the second dog is in a foster for now, but to put a puppy to sleep over entropian? How pathetic is that? Leo had to have entropian surgery and I couldn't imagine how my life would be if his breeders had decided to put him to sleep because of it.[/quote]
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I would take that little blue girl in a heartbeat but live in La.
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Vic.... perhaps these folks could help you if you were really interested...

http://operationroger.com/index.html
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Help??

Post by vicster605 »

Hey J72 I can't figure out how to send them a message can't find the send button :lol: Darn, I am such a Computer DAAAAA, do you see it???
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

On the left of the Operation Roger site they have a "Contact Us" button.... and they also have places to post on the bulletin boards for rides needed...
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

J72 after you hit the contact us button where is send button or what do you push from there???
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

It should bring up your email box with they're email in the "TO" box...

Here... I'm going PM you the address I am getting just in case it isn't coming thru for you.... :-)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

And some folks wonder why we don't like some breeders. Let's see you bred a puppy that has entropian, which means she can never be bred, so instead of selling her as a companion dog and offering to help pay for the surgery when she's old enough. You threaten to kill her, (again the word euthanasia doesn't fit here).

Creeps! :twisted: I hope someone can help them both...why do I read these posts? :cry:
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
kitcatak
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitcatak »

It gets worse! A few of us contacted this woman. She told one perosn the puppy was adopted out. She told me that the puppy bit her daughter when her daughter tried to break up a fight and that the puppy wouldn't be adopted out due to its disposition. She told a third person that she no longer had the puppy, but it hadn't been euthanized. Why put an ad up AND contact a rescue to find a home for a puppy and then tell all these lies? I wish I could find out what happened to the poor thing!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

:shock: I don't believe it.

The poor pup is probably in a lot of discomfort and has rubbish eyesight (in my experience with Millie) This is such a terrible thing to do to a chow.
Last edited by Layla on Thu May 17, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Elodie!
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

This puppy can't be very old. How could this lady determine at such young age what her adult disposition will be? Definately not a person intellegent enough to be breeding anything.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Carla, I hope you don't mind this is such an AWSOME story, and I am sooo excited I have to share!!!! :D :D
DID EVERYONE SEE MY NEW PUPPY???If all goes well I'm gonna rescue this lil baby, with much love and thanks to RENEGADE CHOW, j72 and kitcatak for posting this one from ALASKA :D
On Monday {if all goes well, Carla RENEGADE CHOW is going to drive 6 hrs to go and get this baby for me}CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND SAY A PRAYER FOR HER [-o|
Carla sent the breeder an e-mail and the breeder responded to her TWICE!!!
She still had the puppy!!!!
Carla talked her into letting her have the puppy!!! Carla is AWSOME!!!
Carla's sister is visiting her from BATON ROUGE La. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? She may be able to fly her home!!! Not sure yet on the details or if it is possible.....
But isn't this an AWSOME story???
The timing wasn't perfect for me to get another puppy, but I wanted a Blue and they were going to put her to sleep :twisted: Shes ADORABLE, and it looks like it was meant to be, doesn't it???
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

\:D/ I am so so so happy for you & your new blue chowling. Yay for EVERYONE that has helped save this pup. Woo Hoo!

Good thing you got that camera huh!
Thank you Elodie!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

I'm soooo glad for you Vicster! What a beautiful new baby!

I am glad this has a happy ending.
~ Sally
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

She's a beautiful little girl and I'm so glad someone is going to be able to get her and take good care of her.

Congrats Vicster! and yep it's a good thing you have that new camera cause we will want to watch her grow up.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I am keeping my fingers crossed here! But taking NO credit! Anything I knew I found out thru kitcat and her connections, Vicster, and Rhen and just passed it along!
I can't WAIT for this happy ending!!!!
I am so happy for you Vic.... And again am just proud to know you guys that will do anything for the love of chow chow.
Ready or not... here she COMES VIC!!!! :-) Meant to be...
Told ya I had a good feeling! :-)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Got the new camera all warmed up!!!
It's gonna be a LONG weekend!!! :D
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Oh I am so excited for you. I am glad everyone was able to save the poor baby. Can't wait to see pictures.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

WOW! Carla, you're awesome! 6 hours to pick up the puppy and then deliver her as well! You are amazing! :) :x
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

AWESOME

VICSTER!!!!! How cool is this!!!! Can't wait to see pics of this little cherish in her new home! Leela was dumped because of hip dysplasia..and I just will never figure out how people can be so cruel. You are going to be truly blessed with this little girl...and you deserve to be!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

vicster605 wrote: Carla's sister is visiting her from BATON ROUGE La. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? She may be able to fly her home!!! Not sure yet on the details or if it is possible.....
But isn't this an AWSOME story???
The timing wasn't perfect for me to get another puppy, but I wanted a Blue and they were going to put her to sleep :twisted: Shes ADORABLE, and it looks like it was meant to be, doesn't it???
Shhh... Wait till I have her in my arms ok. lets not jinx it. Epsilon (what the breeder calls the puppy) is going to be picked up Monday at 1pm. Dawn (the breeder) is going drive 3 + hours and I am driving 3+ hours (one way so yeah 6 hours) to Harrisonburg Va. There is a bit more to the story that what was reported. The puppy, in play, was biting the other puppy, the 9 year old daughter got in the way, and the puppy, thinking she was in the play too, bit her. Epsilon had to be quaranteened and it was recommended to her to have her put to sleep because of the bite. The breeder did not want to have her put her to sleep, then there was the eyes. Surgery in DC was $500. (more on that later... just shhh ok..please...FOR THIS PUPPY Shhhhhh, wait till after Monday ok to post about this.. I beg you.)
So she wants the puppy to go to a home where she will have the surgery. I told her I would guarantee that and get her to the home and guarantee it doesn't ever go into a shelter or kill organization. There is, as I said, more. but not now ok...
Carla
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yup, way more to this story........I hope I didn't jinx anything, I try not to believe in that though, would rather believe in fate :wink: :lol: :lol: Just wanted everyone to know that your a sweetheart in this puppies life :wink:
OK to try and prevent a jinx, everyone say a prayer cross your fingers and help us hold our breath until this lil' beautiful blue girl is in RENAGADE CHOW's arms and is heading down the road :D :D
PRAYERS AND LUCK TO YA CARLA :wink:
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Vic,

I've been away and I've missed this!! It's so exciting!
Oh this chowbaby is such a doll!!!
Sometimes things happen like this and you know it was meant to be. This chowbaby needs a good mommy like you, who will take good care of her.
I will enjoy watching her grow with you!

Good heavens, I get to add another treat to the Bama ChowFest treat bowl!!!!

Keep us posted!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Vicki,

Now I see this post...I couldn't find it.
eeping good wishes and thoughts for you and thanks to Carla for helping.

There is nothing better than rescuing an unwanted Chow...they turn out so wonderfully.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

[-o|
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose