Can you believe this? KYRA's rescue story.

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I didn't have anything to do with making this happen, I've just been happily watching the story unfold like the rest of you guys.

Very happy for the puppy and Vicky, aggravated with the lady that had her.
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

vicster605 wrote:So Carla, should we e-mail THAT WOMAN all these pics of with our kids???
YES... but don't send her the link to this site.. She has OUR address.. and she's just "odd" enough that she may do something.. to me anyways. :shock: I live closer. I mean if she drove 4 hours to give me a puppy, she'd drive 6 to sit on me. But oh yes :twisted: Send her the picture of the baby playing and our kids playing with her.. and her playing with Kearra and playing with Ember... absolutely...
Soft hugs and kisses for your baby girl as she sleeps her first night in her forever home.
Love Auntie Carla ;-)
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

What a little CUTIE!! WOW, you can sure see the difference between a black and a blue when they're next to each other huh?

SO CUTE!!! [:D]
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Vicki,

Your baby girl is so sweet! She looks like she's going to be a "healthy" size! :wink:
She mighty fiesty for her first day! I'm glad the plane ride didn't tire her too much.

You may want to read my "Bama Rama" training method, posted in the training section. I've had much success with it.

I'm so happy for you!
Keep those pics coming, we have to watch her grow!!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I JUST got home and the first thing I did was get on here to see if the baby pics were up yet... and low and behold... HERE THEY ARE!!!!
OMG!!! She is WONDERFUL!
Oh Vic, I am so happy for you...
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

[quote="vicster605"]If you correct her the way your supposed to correct a Chow puppy she stops with one correction....she went to bite on my arm I said [aaaannannnt in a louder tone and she STOPPED NO PROBLEM......my daughter corrected her a couple of times the same way, 1 TIME she stops......NORMAL PUPPY
quote]

You know my mom used to use that sound/word with me and my brother and all our animals and I use it too, I just never figured out how to spell it. Thanks Vicster...and your puppy is just a little darlin'. Umm, how old is Kearra? The puppy looks to be a good size.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

j72 wrote:I JUST got home and the first thing I did was get on here to see if the baby pics were up yet... and low and behold... HERE THEY ARE!!!!
OMG!!! She is WONDERFUL!
Oh Vic, I am so happy for you...
Oh why can't we all live closer to each other? Hey Jen are we doing a happy dance or what! :-D Watching her run after that ball brought me to tears... I can't believe she was almost killed...Ok she wasn't so I will stop crying now... Ok maybe in a few minutes... :-) Night everyone... my guys send thier love and purple kisses!
Vicki, Marti Amber says to tell you (before she went to bed a few hours ago) That she is so happy that you have her and have kids to love her. Aparently she said she got up last night and came into the dining room and sat with her and held her, She makes me so proud. Ok... night :-)
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

So happy! Tears of joy are wonderful! great pictures and great ending - beginning, for this little one. YEAH!!
~ Sally
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

Don't know what else to say besides... Awwwwwwwwww!
Vic, congrats mom!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

LOL @ 3dg!!
I agree with 3dg, this is a 3 hanky event!
I'm not talking Kleenex either...I'm talking, the big, white, old school, cotton, kind that grandpa used to keep in his pockets!

Vickie,

The human kids are adorable, as well!
What a nice looking familly that you have!!
I'm so happy for you!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Thanks EVERYBODY!!!

Sherill I will certainly go and check your training post out didn't know it was there :wink:

The puppies size :lol: :lol: Her feet are bigger than Kearra's now, their're REALLY BIG :lol: :lol: She is 17.8lbs. She is a little mis- proportioned :lol: :lol: When she is hoppin' in the yard she almost looks like a lil Jack rabbit with those feet.....SOOOO CUTE!!!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG, I can barely see through my happy tears!!! I am soooooo happy for you Vicster and the puppy and all of your family. I loved seeing all the pics from everyone. She is too cute, and all the kids are so adorable too! I am so happy she has a forever now.

You guys are the best!!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I LOVE the "action shot" with the ball!
Look at all that fluff and love!!! What angel, and what a PROUD MOMMY VICSTER IS!!! :-)
I'm so happy for you!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Oh she really is adorable. So glad she made it home safe and sound, I always worry whenever they have to be transported. I love the look on Lily's face in that one pic, it's just priceless. :lol: I am so happy for you Vickie, everything happens for a reason and that chowling was meant to be with you.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

My favorite is the one with the puppy and Vickie's daughters bunny, that is really sweet of her to give up her toy like that. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

So happy she finally got there. I have been following but not posting much. She is adorable, can't wait to see what you name her. She sounds like Butters when he arrived. He had been caged and he was ready to run.

By the way, Your kids are awful cute too!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

vicster605 wrote:Thanks EVERYBODY!!!

Sherill I will certainly go and check your training post out didn't know it was there :wink:

The puppies size :lol: :lol: Her feet are bigger than Kearra's now, their're REALLY BIG :lol: :lol: She is 17.8lbs. She is a little mis- proportioned :lol: :lol: When she is hoppin' in the yard she almost looks like a lil Jack rabbit with those feet.....SOOOO CUTE!!!
OMG... she tained 2.3 lbs in one week...that makes me think she was dehydrated and undernourished...prior.. are we surprised there? see my Ember weighed more at that age as did most of my others (I know all chows are different I guess it was still a good weight, but I could tell she was so thristy and hungry all the time... and her poop.. well it was like a stone.. She weighed 15.8 lbs and she seemed to never get enough water. Which is why I made larger containers for the crate. so she'd have more, and you said that was gone when go there, and the food... it was a cup and half that I put in there heaping.. I'm glad she's doing so well, your package was sent out today via priority mail.
:-D
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

How cute! She looks so big! So happy for you :D