Chow abandoned - male owner moved and left her behind

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Poor Simon, he'll be stealing your credit card again j72 :roll:

I've done the paypal thing. Millie's getting no treats this week.... 'Cause we know that I'll stick to that one :roll:
Thank you Elodie!
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Awwwww!!!! Poor Millie, filet mignon again instead of doggy biscuts? LOL!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

j72, you're in my house again huh? How do you know this stuff :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

j72 wrote:Simon sent in his allowance.
OMG LMAOROF!!!
Where's my chow chow?
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I just figure that with the jumping on the bed situation and upside down, tongue out flopping in the wind naps that Millie is similar enough to Simon that she would expect exactly what HE would expect.... so, filet mignon it is!
Or McDonald's cheeseburgers.... which ever is handy.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

That sounds more reasonable :lol: Top choice Simon. Funnily, Millie would be fighting ME for a cheeseburger, LOVE THEM
Thank you Elodie!
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

In the end, there really is no better comfort than a McDonald's cheeseburger is there.
Perhaps we should set up the "McDonald's Cheeseburger Fund" for Neesa too!!!!
jaxsun_12
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jaxsun_12 »

I also donated a bit to get neesa her bed and the care the poor girl needs!!

Whats the total up to now guys?
Last edited by jaxsun_12 on Thu May 17, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

j72 wrote:In the end, there really is no better comfort than a McDonald's cheeseburger is there.
Perhaps we should set up the "McDonald's Cheeseburger Fund" for Neesa too!!!!
Just happen to be eating a McDonalds #4 super size as we speak, Double Cheese, fries and a diet coke. Pekoe is standing right next to me, staring and licking her chops. According to Pekoe a MacDonald's Cheese burger must be mouth watering cuisine.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I've always thought Pekoe to be of discerning taste and incredible intelligence!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

j72 wrote:I've always thought Pekoe to be of discerning taste and incredible intelligence!
Yeah, thats what I said, According to Pekoe a MacDonald's Cheese burger must be mouth watering cuisine = discerning taste and incredible intelligence. She dosn't do that for every fast food burger, She leaves the room if its Burger king or Jack in the box.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Brandon absolutely loves McDonald's cheeseburgers.

Sometimes I wonder if it's healthy for him to eat them, but it's only once in a while, so I guess that's okay.
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jblake334 »

jaxsun_12 wrote:I also donated a bit to get neesa her bed and the care the poor girl needs!!

Whats the total up to now guys?
Last time I looked we are at $294 and some change. Thanks to everyone here.

Thank you all so much

Neesa thanks you too. I called the lady at the rescue and she didn't answer as usual. I left another message asking how Neesa is doing and has she stood up yet. I said I was thinking of fostering her this weekend and I wanted her to give me a call. No call yet.

I am going to call the night guy I met, I hope he is on tonight and I can go down there and see whats happening when I am not being expected.
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

YIPPEE FOR NEESA!!!! Get her a McDonald's cheeseburger from Pekoe with some of the left over $!!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Hmmmmm, just had a McD's myself with one of those Shrek milkshakes =D= =D= =D=

I'm sure Neesa will fall in with the Chow crowd & like them :D
Thank you Elodie!
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Y'all seriously better save me some fries. And don't you think McDonald's has nice coffee for a fast food restaurant?

Looks like Miss Neesa is getting her plush bed. Hip hip hooray! LL bean has really nice beds if you check on line. I think Precious has one. And Jennifer get her every freakin toy they've got at Petsmart. We want her completely spoiled!!! Filet mignon, cheesebuggies, and a diet coke if she wants!!! :wink: I hope she gets to spend the weekend with you. Maybe we can fly her out to Vegas next weekend...We could do like that dream chow thing. Like when they pick kids with unfortunate circumstances and make all their dreams come true. :inlove:
Where's my chow chow?
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Update on Neesa's location and her new stuff

Post by jblake334 »

Thanks to donations by:

Yvonee F.
Jennifer S.
Melissa R.
Karen I.
Anita L.
Cindy S.
Layla R.
Roxana L.
Vicki B.F.
Vicki W.
Melanie K.

I was able to get Neecy (My mom wants to call her Neecy instead) a perfect doghouse that she absolutely loves and spends alot of time in. An orthpedic foam pad lined with a plush chenille cover, a harness, leash, toy, bowl set and a pack of advantage. She is the most content I have seen her since her whole ordeal of being taken off the street started that day when I say the guy taking down the street all drugged up. I had to take the top off the dog house to get her to come out today but, once she did she stayed out on the grass area sleeping peacefully. She did a little walking around but eventually went back in her doghouse. She didn't want to eat out of her new bowls yet so I put her food on a paper plate. This was yesterday, she stuck her head out and ate the food and took the paper plate back in her doghouse. In fact everytime I put something like a plastic container of water, she tried to take the plastic container of water back in her house and it spilled all over the place of course.

I wanted to place her photo here but couldn't figure it out. I posted her photo in the doghouse on the website http://www.chuckysdonations.comI didn't reveal that chowchow.org was responsible for her donations that got her the dog house because I don't want that lady from the rescue to come on the website on read some of the stuff I wrote or will write about the conditions I saw Neecy in when I unexpectedly showed up friday morning and took her out of there. We are going to keep her at my family's house. She will stay there I think permanently. My mom is getting attached to her already. I am over there twice a day and we eat dinner every night together. I of course have been there all day now and until I goto work. But if she didn't have that doghouse I don't know what she would be feeling. I know she feels safe in there and it is all thanks to you guys.
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jblake334 »

I forgot to post the amounts

Thanks to donations by:

Yvonee F. 20.00
Jennifer S. 80.00
Melissa R. 20.00
Karen I. 50.00
Anita L. 20.00
Cindy S. 50.00
Layla R. 20.00
Roxana L. 25.00
Vicki B.F. 25.00
Vicki W. 10.00
Melanie K. 50.00

You are all Neecies angels, without that doghouse she would feel lost and insecure. That doghouse was 130.00, I could have never afforded that or the plush 40.00 cushion. Advantage 50.00, Leash and Harness, bowl set, toy, and paid Dad back his 100.00
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I can't believe how far she has come in the last few weeks. I loved the pictures on the website. She definately looks content in her dog house. I hope your family can keep her...you know she would be safe and happy.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

Me, too. Way to go Jennifer and great idea about the doghouse; that was brilliant. Keep us posted. Really cute she tried to take her water bowl in there. :D
Where's my chow chow?
jaxsun_12
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jaxsun_12 »

every time i check this thread it almost makes me cry :(
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jblake334 »

How can I forget to give thanks to Jeff for all his help especially in pretending to adopt Neecey from the Dr. Lady who drugged Neecey up and wouldn't give her back to me. He did an excellent job in getting her to turn Neecey over without even having to give her any money, that was priceless.

Thanks Jeff!!
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Jennifer... Thank YOU for what you are doing for this sweet girl! We are all glad to help in any way we can from so far away... you and Jeff are just angels. :-)
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jblake334 »

Lets try that link again to make it easier to see Neeceys pictures

http://www.chuckysdonations.com
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

OMG, I'm back from a visit to see my mom in Texas and you guys have done so much while I was gone!!!! You saved the chowkid from the funny farm!!!(which isn't funny) :shock:
I can hardly believe this!!!
Jeff, you are the man!!!
Jennifer, your tenacity rocks!!!
All of you guys who donated...you rose to the challenge to save this poor chowkid!!! You are great!!!
Another happy ending, huh? Yeah!!!!!! :D :D :D
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!