JAYGOW1 needs help in Ohio !!!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Is she good with the vet and grooming (no Ace needed?) I know of someone in Las Vegas looking for a chow, I don't know how serious she is though she's called a lot. I think that's where I saw you were going, let me know and I'll give her a call!!
She has a large Shephard mix now, dogs are inside in the summer, just lost her chow a couple of months ago.
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
miles
Rank 0
Rank 0

Missie

Post by miles »

What a beautiful little Chow girl. I would be interested in adopting her, if she were not so far away. We are looking for a younger Chow to join our family. This one looks and sounds a lot like our boy. We adopted him when he was 10 months. He is now over 9 has a little arthritis and has been on chemotherapy for over a year.

When we adopted him we had lost our older Chow and had an older female Chow mix. Miles looked after her after she lost her hearing and some of her eyesight due to old age. She is now resting.

Now we are looking for a young Chow that Miles can help raise and hopefully the young one can help us look after him and love him as he grows into his twillight years. If she doesn't already have a home and we can somehow work this out where it doesn't cost a fortune, we would love to have her join our family.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"Is she good with the vet and grooming (no Ace needed?)"

You can't really ask that question, Just becouse a Chow may be good with one vet dosn't mean its going to react to every vet the same, Alot depends on the vet and how he feels about Chows and the experirnce he has had with Chows. A chow can pick up on fear a mile away and can spot a vet that's uncomfortable as soon as the vet walks threw the door.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

Still considering ALL offers to provide Missie a forever home. All intersted Chow lovers, please contact me. I will be traveling across the USA, from Ohio to Nevada, the week of May 21st.

Thanks in advance !
I really miss my purple kisses!!! RIP Bear, my bestest friend EVER !!
7-20-2006

Khon,you were taken WAY too early !
Til we meet again, my friend
3-24-2007
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

This may sound weird, but..............my dad and father in law both have beards. Missie wants NOTHING to do with these 2 guys what-so-ever !! Don't know if a bearded man abused her , or what.

She is apprehensive about everyone, but she will snap at these 2 bearded wonders, if THEY push the issue to pet her.

It always amazes me , that people with " force the issue " with a dog that they know isn't fond of them.

This is my dad's third visit since I resued her, and all three times, he pushes the issue until she finally has to snap at him to let him know to back-off.

If it was anyone but my father, I would say, " HEY STUPID, SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU !!! "

So, I would be willing to say that anyone interested in adopting her, should not have a beard, especially if you are female !!! :lol: :shock:
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Missie

Post by bama »

miles wrote:What a beautiful little Chow girl. I would be interested in adopting her, if she were not so far away. We are looking for a younger Chow to join our family. This one looks and sounds a lot like our boy. We adopted him when he was 10 months. He is now over 9 has a little arthritis and has been on chemotherapy for over a year.

When we adopted him we had lost our older Chow and had an older female Chow mix. Miles looked after her after she lost her hearing and some of her eyesight due to old age. She is now resting.

Now we are looking for a young Chow that Miles can help raise and hopefully the young one can help us look after him and love him as he grows into his twillight years. If she doesn't already have a home and we can somehow work this out where it doesn't cost a fortune, we would love to have her join our family.
Miles,

Jayglow is traveling across the country to Nevada.
Maybe, you two can work something out. It's not uncommon around to see many of us travel hundreds of miles to get a new chowkid to a loving furever home.
Our Colonel was blessed to hitch a ride from Alan and Sharon.
If you really want this chowgirl, then go for it!
Give Jay a shout!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

Kasper,

Any updates on your Vegas connection ??
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

After careful consideration, Missie will be living in the "fast lane " in LA !! Miles will be going to get a new sister, in Missie, around the 2nd of June.

Missie will be going to a forever home that has been Chow lovers/owners for a long time.

Thanks to everyone for the inquiries !! I think that this is the absolute BEST home for Missie to have.

[img][img]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/J ... 0_4888.jpg[/img][/img]
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Congrats! That is such good news! Is the handover happening in Vegas? Keep us updated :D
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Yay, I am so happy she found a home. It probably would have never happened with out you.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

No, I will be personally taking Missie to her new home. I wouldn't want someone to meet us somewhere, and then Missie see me drive off in the other direction.

We are planning a day together with both families and Chows in attendance. I guess we will be going to that beautiful beach that is in Miles pics. We want to spend some time at Miles house with Missie, and let her know that it is OK to be there. We want there to be some kind of comfort level before leaving, and to let her see us be comfortable at Mile's home.

Then , hopefully she will be quicker to adapt to her new wonderful, forever home.

Thanks to Miles for his persistance, and his ability to offer Missie a fantanstic forever home with a better future than most humans !!

[img][img]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/J ... missie.jpg[/img][/img]
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

That is excellent news. Thankyou for looking after her so very very well.
Thank you Elodie!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

What a wonderful happy ending! Way to go Missie!
~ Sally
miles
Rank 0
Rank 0

Missie

Post by miles »

Big thanks to Jay for rescuing this beautiful little chow and loving and caring for her! We are all super excited about getting together and welcoming MIssie into our home! We keep telling Miles that we are getting a Missie-chow, so he is all ready to welcome her into the pack.

Have a safe journey, Jay!! We wish you and your famiily well in your new home in LV!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Congratulations Miles on your new addition! Missie and Miles look almost exactly alike in their pictures.

Jay, excellent job on taking care of her and looking out for her. :D
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

This is the week for the caravan out West !! Missie is quite the co-pilot ! Loves to ride in the car, and is really doing well off the leash.

We are leaving Wednesday, with all hopes to be in LA to meet Miles on Saturday.

Missie is eating like a horse now. She has probably gained 6 or 7 pounds since we rescued her. She has a VERY healthy appetite.

She follows me around like a shadow. If I get up off the couch, she gets up ! She thinks that everytime I go out the door, she should be with me. Her loyalty is unending. What a GREAT sister she will make for Miles !!
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
miles
Rank 0
Rank 0

Missie's new home

Post by miles »

Today we welcomed Missie into our home!

Jay and his wife Brandy brought her out west to our home in Los Angeles to introduce her to her new home. We had a lovely walk on the jetty in Playa del Rey, she was transfixed by the seagulls and the ocean, and she is now getting accustomed to being here. She is very sweet, but a little quiet and a little nervous, so we are giving her her space, and lots of treats. She eats them out of our hands, and goes in and out of the house when she pleases. She and Miles get along very well. She is a beautiful little girl.

She will need a little time and lots of love to adjust. We are so happy to have her. Thanks to Jay and Brandy for loving her and caring for her and placing her in our hands. They are wonderful and caring people. Thank you!

Juan and Tamara
and Miles
chris

Post by chris »

OH how awsome. You must post pictures of Miles and Missie together and keep us updated. :D I'm so happy for you all!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

wonderful! Juan, please keep us updated on the progress of Missi, Miles, and the family!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

Just got back to Nevada and checked in with internet.

First off, Juan & Tamara were more than we EVER could have hoped for. We were certain that we rescued Missie and found her a good home, but we were POSITIVE of that fact within the first 2 minutes !

What genuine people. In an age of fake, vain, self centered people, it is REFRESHING that people of their character still exist in today's world.

We spent half a day with Miles, Juan & Tamara, and had a GREAT time. What a UTOPIA for the Chow kids. A much better life than I will ever enjoy, I'm sure.

Missie rode cross country for 48 hours, the first 32 straight! She NEVER whimpered, whined, cried, begged , barked, or otherwise caused any trouble. I am amazed that a puppy could be so content , just to be with her master.

In 6 short weeks, Missie stole my heart. I cried like a baby, ( for my selfish reasons ), that I had to leave Missie. But I knew when I rescued her, that it was just a foster situation.

I gave and received more love from Missie in 6 weeks, than anyone could ever have imagined. And of course, my 5'11", 240 pound "BIG MAN", cried like a schoolgirl when the day finally had to end.

I know that Missie will be SO HAPPY in her forever home, and will cherish every photo and video that they send.

Thanks to all who cared , and suppported my quest to rescue/ foster/ and deliver Missie 2600 miles, from Ohio to the Pacific Ocean !!

I love you guys. We thank you for everything, and especially for keeping my baby.

~Jay
7-20-2006

3-24-2007
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Glad to hear that this was a happy ending. Jay, you will be rewarded in life for having saved this chowgirl. Good luck,
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I'm so thrilled that Missie is *home* now.

Jay, Juan and Tamara- Thank you so much for all the effort you put into getting this little Chow-girl where she needs to be. Hoping to see lots of pictures of Missie and Miles here soon!

~Renae
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
BooBooBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Missie

Post by BooBooBear »

Your such a wonderful guy and my hubby swears by it! Please let us know how things are going for you. I hope you got my messages, i was hoping to see you on your trip :( Thank you for all you did for Missie, you have such a big heart and so does Brandy. Big hugs to you guys!!!
Missie looks like she was always meant to be there :)

Sam

Leo(Booboobear) 12/23/1993-3/3/2007

"You'll Always Be In My Heart"
I will always cherish your unconditional friendship!!!
KariB
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: JAYGOW1 needs help in Ohio !!!

Post by KariB »

I just wanted to chime in, and couldn't find the OG postings about Missy and her puppies.....yes....the ones that were born a week after she arrived in L.A.

This Wednesday(6/11) will be the 1st birthday of the puppies, one of which we adopted. It's been a year and this baby(Satya) has turned out to be a beautiful dog. Beautiful black shiny coat white, white, teeth. She's definitely a mix, we think Shepard, she's grown from fitting in our hands to 60lbs of big hairy love.... She(and her "sister" another rescue we subsequently adopted months later) is the light of our lives. We found this forum after the loss of our 2nd Chow in 3 months(old age/natural causes), and you all helped turn ours and this, formally little, one's lives.

Although we love our chows, we're almost thankful she's a mix. This is one dog that loves with her whole heart and soul, she's always nearby, wants attention and to play almost constantly, and the best part is when she snuggles up to you in bed...leaving you just a small corner to yourself!!

I just wanted to Thank all of you for being here, and doing the work that must be done for these kids. You all impact many peoples lives on a daily basis.

Thank You.

The Burgos'
Kari, Waldy, Rembrandt, Satya and Sita....
Attachments
Sita and Satya....they love the water!!
Sita and Satya....they love the water!!
DSCF1254a.JPG (62.33 KiB) Viewed 10503 times
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: JAYGOW1 needs help in Ohio !!!

Post by CoraP. »

This is a great story! I hadn't read it before. Your dogs are beautiful! thanks for letting everyone know how they're doing. :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand