ONE OF OUR OWN NEEDS OUR IMEDIATE HELP !!!!!!!!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I know! I'm just sitting here waiting for the update!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Yeah, what Chris and J72 said!! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

It was Miss Molly!!!!
They found her around K-Mart which means she did travel the tracks. They had to sedate her to catch her. The dog warden who caught her said he felt really bad doing that but he was afraid she'd get killed if he didn't catch her.
So she had a $35 fine for resisting arrest (I'm 100% serious about that). She was kept in a restricted area for aggressive dogs. The poor thing was so scared. To spring her she would have to have her rabies shot and be micro-chipped. They could do it at this place but would need her to be muzzled. Otherwise a vet would have to do it. It was suggested a vet do it because if she bit she would have to stay there for 10 more days.

So animal control took her to the vet. We met them there. I would never use that vet. He said Molly should be taken back to her breeder, its not normal for a dog to be like that! All she was doing was standing scared agaisnt a wall, wasnt growling, was simply scared. So me, Bonnie and the vet assistant stayed in the room with Molly to try to get a collar on her. Soon she was allowing us to pet her and we got the harness on her but she wouldnt walk. She had to be carried out to our van. I sat in the seat with her, she just laid down beside me and slept, at times resting her head on my leg. When we got to Bonnie's, my husband carried Molly to safety. We hung out at Bonnie's for awhile and no, Molly is not scared of men. She would lean agaisnt my husband, let him pet her. The only guy she showed fear to was with Doug. She remembers him from being the one to bring him to that house the night Amber gave up Molly.

She is scared, she looks thin but I think its mostly because she blew her puppy coat. Her coat is in very poor shape. Molly is so tiny. She was warming up nicely to Bonnie when we left.Oh she is so pretty.
I wish I would have taken my camera. I'll have to take pictures of her in a few days, pop over to see how she's doing.
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I just don't even know how to tell you how happy we all are here! I'm in tears, and though my doggies don't know why, they are getting extra treats and doing doggy dances for Ms. Molly!!!!
Congratulations to all the heroes on this board that made it happen! I hate that she had to go thru so much, but WHAT A HAPPY ENDING!!!!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh thank goodness!!!! Becky I know you must be so relieved!! I hope you have a really nice relaxing weekend, you've earned it!!

That's awful that the vet said that about her, poor girl. I'm glad you and Bonnie were there with her through it all. And resisiting arrest?! Wow, interesting.

I am so glad that she is safe and sound, it's a miracle. You all are so amazing and wonderful.

Becky, do you think Bonnie will update us on Miss Molly's progress hre on the forum? It would be loevly to hear from her. Thanks so much for posting the update!!!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

:_| Happy tears! Bama, [:D] [:D] :x for you. You are Molly's angle.
Aslanchow
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I hope that we can get updates on Molly from Bonnie. This has got to be the best rescue story ever! So many people helping and so many others like myself hanging on the edge, waiting for updates. I wish I could give Molly a hug and tell her she's home and will be loved forever. She's been thru so much with losing her brother, her mom, and the home she grew up in, to wondering about on her own for days...
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Oh, Becky, you are AWESOME... Thank you for all your efforts you've put in. Take a nice relaxing bath. Put your feet up. Have a well earned rest. Thank you for the final confirmation bit of the story when you must be totally exhausted!

[:D] =D= :-oo \:D/ :x Leonora & mum
Last edited by LEO's mum on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

So happy to hear that she is safe :D :D :D
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I am sooooooo happy, that it was Miss Molly and that she is safe now.

Poor, baby, so alone and afraid, and that vet is a freaking dork! "never seen a dog act like that" indeed. Did you tell the fool that she's not a dog, she's a chow!

This has been such a wonderful, wonderful effort and for it to all come out well is just great.

Congrats to Bonnie on her new fur child, and I hope as well that she will join the forum and keep us updated on Miss Molly's life and times.

=D= \:D/ :x =D=
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Bonnie doesn't have the internet but I'll keep tabs on Molly. I'll call her tomorrow to get an update on things. Then maybe sometime Monday I can go over and see her. I'll take my camera with me.
You know she looks more cinnamon than she does cream right now. She looks like Gracie except Gracie is huge compaired to Molly, and Molly doesn't have a lot of fur right now. I wish I could have just brought her home with me. Whenever Doug would come near Molly would hide next to Bonnie. She got so she would on her own go to Bonnie so I think she will be just fine.
The vet really ticked me off when he said that. But then the vet assistant who helped us with Molly just kept saying "look she isnt aggressive at all, she has a good temperment" she pointed out how scared Molly was yet she was allowing us to pet her. Thats not a aggressive Chow. I hope Bonnie takes her to a different vet.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

What a nice way to end the day. Thanks sweatpea for doing such a wonderful job and thanks for everyone else who helped poor Molly. I hope she'll be a happy chow from now on. She's still a pup-with lots of love and hugs she'll mend.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Decatur is just over 100 miles from chowfest, Becky. Since you will be going solo, maybe Bonnie and Molly can go with you, too...
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Awesome!!!!! Glad to hear that she was found! This is the best group of Chow lovers EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Oh Auddymay, that's a great idea!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

YAY, I love happy endings.
JAYGOW1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JAYGOW1 »

Awesome news !!!
I really miss my purple kisses!!! RIP Bear, my bestest friend EVER !!
7-20-2006

Khon,you were taken WAY too early !
Til we meet again, my friend
3-24-2007
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

OMG I am speechless! I'm in tears!
I have held back my excitement until I heard from Becky!!! Well, I heard from Becky!!!
This is so awesome! Thank you Becky for bustin' Molly out of jail!!! Thanks to everyone for banning together to give this story a happy ending!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Kudos to Sherill:

THE GUARDIAN ANGEL OF CHOWDOM

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
chris

Post by chris »

Yes, I second the invitation to Chow Fest for Bonnie, her DH and Molly. :D
I'm so happy. Judy does need to put this in the book. And I can't believe she missed all of this. She would have loved to have been here with everyone waiting on edge to see if we could find Molly and then actualy finding her. LOU.. call her woman.. call her!!!!!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I'm so happy, I have to post again and shout it...
I'M SO HAPPY FOR MOLLY!!!!

Molly will always be special to Mark and me.
I hope to hear how she is getting along in the future.
Thanks again Becky for springin' her from jail!

***Thank you Mark for posting Molly's photo when I didn't know how! I know you are reading this...hugs and kisses to you!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

chris wrote: ...Judy does need to put this in the book. And I can't believe she missed all of this. She would have loved to have been here with everyone waiting on edge to see if we could find Molly and then actualy finding her. LOU.. call her woman.. call her!!!!!
Well, to tell you the truth, this saga belongs in Bama's chow book!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Lou wrote:
chris wrote: ...Judy does need to put this in the book. And I can't believe she missed all of this. She would have loved to have been here with everyone waiting on edge to see if we could find Molly and then actualy finding her. LOU.. call her woman.. call her!!!!!
Lou,
My book, wow, you remembered!!!! I'm impressed!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Lou wrote:
Lets just say it should go into what ever book that is actually going to be written, Molly was a ChowChow.org effort. There are 3 or 4 other people that are talking about writing a Chow book also, even me, "Building Codes for the Chow Owner" and a religious Chow Book, "Rehome thy Chow you shall burn in hell", just a thought hasn't gone to press yet.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

$35 for resisting arrest???!
:laughloud: :laughloud: :laughloud:

Applause, applause to all involved on a wonderful collaborative effort to find Miss Molly...Good Golly!!!!
=D=
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!