ONE OF OUR OWN NEEDS OUR IMEDIATE HELP !!!!!!!!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

ONE OF OUR OWN NEEDS OUR IMEDIATE HELP !!!!!!!!

Post by chris »

whilst Miss Molly (YES, that Miss Molly) was on her way to her new forever home, she escaped out of her collar and took off. Now she has been on her own in Decator IL since just before Easter. The local authorities, humane society, shelters and pounds/dog catchers have been contacted. Some flyers and posters are in the process of being put up everywere with her picture.
Molly is very scared right now and probably will not just come to anyone. If anyone has any suggestions, or would like to help search for her... please... we need all the help we can get.

HELP SAVE MISS MOLLY....
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Chris
are you talking about Nancy's Miss Molly???
I feel so awful!
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Thats been over a week, how come it took this long to post Molly is missing and why is Molly going to a new home? I'm Confussed, I must have missed something.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Jeff...so am I totaly confused...that is why I asked?

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

There was something about the new apt. not allowing pets. She was in Amber's possession, and it was Amber's choice to rehome Molly, from what I understand. Sweetpea had a friend who agreed to take her. Unfortunately, the hand off was not done in the best of ways. It also turns out Molly doesn't like men, and struggled and slipped her collar.(It was a man who picked her up.)

The people who got Molly have been trying with great effort to get her back. They were just strangers to Molly though. They tried to get Amber and Nancy to help look and call her (they had sitings, but couldn't get near her), but I understand Nancy had a trip down south the weekend Molly went missing and couldn't help. Amber didn't help look, either. I'm not sure why she couldn't help, or help now for that matter.

Becky is in Decatur as we speak, looking for Molly. I have to give her kudos in all this. She was trying to help a Chow in need, and seems to be the only one who cares enough to make an effort to find Molly, besides the new family. Becky (sweetpea) does not live in Decatur.
chris

Post by chris »

I have offered to come down and bring Steel... as he may be able to louer her out... Just waiting for the word.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Oh no! That poor baby has been on the streets for a week already?
Who do we know near that area?
This is so sad!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
chris

Post by chris »

I think, if my calculations are correct, Molly just turned a year old March 15th?
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

I am assuming that this has already been done but has anyone put an ad in the paper and called the local shelters and police??
Here, we do not rely on AC but the police come and pick up the stray dogs and take them to our little 3 kennel shelter (more often then not, everyone knows whos dog is whos around here anyway)

But I would put an ad in the paper in case anyone spots her. Poor Girl!!
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
chris

Post by chris »

All that has been done except the add in the paper.. that is being pondered due to the fact that in Molly's new Mommy's and Daddy's experience, there is never a reply.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

So what's the moral of the story, Molly is missing due to being rehomed and no one is looking for her except Sweetpea that lives in another state.?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

that's very unfortunate, how upsetting.
Have ads been placed on craigslist?

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/il

if anyone places an ad on craigslist, the ad has to be placed every day.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just checked all the Graigslist citys in Illinios, both pets and lost and found, There is a reward for a mixed chow missing and a found add for a mixed Chow/golden retriver both on St Lewis graigslist.

One of the adds: She may not know what a Chow looks like.

We found two very nice young dogs on the exit ramp of Exchange Avenue onto 55/70. They didn't have collars, so we figured they were strays. They seem very accustomed to people and are the sweetest dogs you could ever wish for.
We were going to keep them, but they keep getting out of our fence - even after we thought we had fixed it. I just wanted to know if there was anyone out there missing their dogs.

One looks to be mostly black lab, possibly small part pitt bull?
And the other girl is Mostly golden retriever, maybe small part chow?

If these sound like your dogs, please let me know.

Thanks

Reply to: comm-298431444@craigslist.org

ImageImage
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Is Molly the lighter colour chow chow?

http://chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... ight=molly

If someone places an ad on craigslist, a pic will help find the chow.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

There's nine area's on the Illinois graigslist, which one is she close to?

ImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

:cry: Poor Miss Molly
Thank you Elodie!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

This is awful. Poor Molly has been through too much. I hope she finds her way back or is found soon. :cry:
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

:( :( :( :( :(
This is very sad - first that Ms. Molly was being rehomed and second that she is out there on her own....
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

There has been no sign of her for about a week now. I only told a couple of people when this first happened because I didn't want to risk Amber getting wind and feeling like she was being attacked, we needed their help to get Molly. None of us have ever met Molly, she was scared, totally freaked out and the only ones who could have possibly gotten her to go to them was Nancy and Amber.
Well Molly is still out there and she hasnt been seen for awhile. We have flyers up, been in contact with the shelters and pound, even some vets. There are tracks nearby where Molly was, I have a bad feeling she took off down the tracks. If thats the case she could be on the other side of Decatur.
Jeff, Decatur doesn't have a craig's list, the nearest one will be either Bloomington or Champaign. And I live about a half hour from where Molly got lost.
Don't know if someone found her and took her in, if she's still running free, or if she's even still alive.
Today we hung up flyers in the pet stores.

I'm sorry I didn't come out and tell everyone when it first happened, we needed Nancy or Amber. They were our only hope.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Oh and Jeff, my husband said the same thing, people may not even know she's a Chow. She has blown her puppy coat, she's very thin, they may have no clue she's even a Chow. She has no collar on, the only picture we have is one Auddymay found for us to use and its not a recent picture.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

I don't know if this will make a difference, here's a pic of Molly. Poor baby, I hope she knows how to survive, I hope she won't get hit by a car.

Anyone who lives in Illinois may want to post the pic on craigslist, it's free. The ad would need to be reposted every day.

Karin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I was looking at molly's picture and thought maybe she could be mistaken for a retriver/Chow. Did you contact that lady I posted or is that to far away.

ImageImage
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I need a description of Molly and I will search all the sites I can find.

Anyone got a photo of her? Or, maybe a detailed description?

This is a much used site for lost and found dogs.

http://www.fidofinder.com
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

sit_by_the_beach posted this link I think molly is the lighter one, I already checked all of illinois graiglist post, Pets and lost and found.

http://chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... ight=molly

I can post an add with the picture but i need to know what area.

ImageImage
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

City of Decatur info http://www.ci.decatur.il.us/

How about contacting the newspaper delivery and pizza delivery folks, with a reward. They are all over the city.
Last edited by Jeff&Vicki on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers