OPERATION...."SWEET HOME ALABAMA"

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL Auddymay. :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
emmapeel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emmapeel »

Hey Everybody! I'm so glad that the Cololnel (love it) is to your liking. Do you see why I fell in love with him right away? I would have done anything to save him. He is so wonderful!!! I love him love him love him. Fortunately my Basset Hound is not the jealous type and she thought he was a hunk too. I am so gratified! I enjoyed the pictures. I hope you will stay in contact with me. Now I know that someday I will have to have a Chow in my life - as long as he'd like Colonel. Love to all - Jan and Angel Emma Peel and Olivia (Basset Hound who rescued Colonel)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Jan, thank you so much for posting! Thank you so, so, so much for saving the Colonel. You and sweet Olivia are heroes! :D I'm saying that from my heart, my chow boy was also found wandering the streets and taken in by good sumaratins (my best friends), without people like you, people like bama and I wouldn't have these wonderful, magical lovebugs in our lives.
Last edited by chowfrnd88 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Hi there Jan! Let me say from I think most of us here, thank you so very much for taking the time and energy to save this beautiful chow boy. =D= Most people wouldn't have bothered, especially when he wasn't too co-operative at first and a lot of people would have been afraid of him, (because he's a "chow") and they wouldn't have stood up to a guard to keep him safe for the weekend either. So all around you are an extraordinary lady.

So I hereby name you and honorary chow owner and welcome you to our site! [:D]
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

THE COLONEL AND DADDY MARK STEP OUT OF THE CAR...AT HOME!!!

THE COLONEL GIVES DADDY A KISS! COLONEL IS A DADDY'S BOY, REALLY! YES, THIS IS OUR SIDE YARD!

THE COLONEL MEETS ME, HIS NEW MOMMY! HOWEVER, YOU CAN SEE HE IS ONLY INTERESTED IN WHAT HIS DADDY IS DOING!!

THE COLONEL MEETS HIS NEW LITTLE SISTER, PRINCESS BUTTERCUP!
SHE IS SO HAPPY TO HAVE A NEW BIG BROTHER!
COLONEL IS SOOOOOOO SWEET, HE LICKED HER!

More photos to come! I have yet to get the pictures of the trip processed. That will be another day.
However, I'm uploading a few more photos in another post.
Thanks, all for your support!!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

HOW NICE

Alan
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

THE COLONEL GIVES HIS LITTLE SISTER, MOLLY A KISS!!!
WHAT A LOVING BOY THIS IS! HE IS SO HAPPY!
HE LOOKS FEROCIOUS, DOESN'T HE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

IS THIS THE SWEETEST FACE EVER? WE ARE IN OUR BACK YARD SITTING BY THE CREEK.

JUST IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN A GOOD ENOUGH LOOK AT THIS SWEET FACE!!!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Oh Sherill and Mark,

I am so happy that the Colonel is home.
He sure is one of the most beautiful creatures that I have ever seen and he is such a happy boy.

As Alan said to me last night...this entire adventure was a breath of fresh air. Alan so enjoyed his ride with this wonderful, affectionate boy and I just was so thrilled that I could get it all going.
Thank you for allowing us to be a day in your lives.

I know that the Colonel will add such a great new dimmension to your days...see it may have taken awhile and a few obstacles to find the right Chow...but wasn't it all worth it?

Hugs from Sharon and course the furkids, JR and Cheyenne
emmapeel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emmapeel »

Hey, I am now officially the Colonel's Godmother! and Olivia is the Colonel's official Guardian Angel Those are great pictures! He looks right at home there.
Jan
P.S. Plus I see that I've been also been further honored as an official Chow person.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

And to you Jan,

what a wonderful Lady you are to give the Colonel another chance at life!

Yes, you are definately an honorary member of the Society of Chow nuts!!
Sharon
emmapeel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emmapeel »

Allan and Sharon: Thanks for what you did. Isn't the Colonel wonderful? I would have kept him if I could, but living in a hi-rise condo with a Basset Hound and Persian Princess Dinah - is not the life for the Colonel. His destiny was Alabama!I am very very happy that it all turned out so extraordinarily well.

Unbelievably, the condo only gave him a one day suspension for what he did, but I believe - and am hoping - that this is not over yet. He should be fired!

Jan and Olivia

P.S. Where abouts in Cleveland are you? I'm in Bratenahl.
emmapeel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emmapeel »

Sorry - what I meant to say was the condo gave the Security Guard who wanted to shoot him only one day suspension.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

That is the absolute sweetest chowboy ever!

And I love your backyard! How much land do you have?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

That's your back yard? Boy I'm sure living in the wrong part of the US, All of you have parks in your backyard some with rivers and lakes, I have to drive for hours to see anything like that. I have the Ocean 5 minutes away but its not the same, give me the trees, river's and lakes anyday.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lovely photos! How is he with the cat? Or did you not get to rescue the one that's been hanging around? I bet he would be fine, in any event.

Jeff, to get the outdoor beauty, you must give up your cosmopolitan lifestyle. We have discussed this before.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Aw Sherill, those are wonderful pictures, look how happy he is. He knows this it, his forever home. :D

I love your backyard! :D
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

Congratulations!!! I still can't get over how friendly he seems! I'm so glad he finally made it to his home :)
Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

Congratulations!!! Lovely pictures.
It is so good to read how good people helped this sweet chow chow.
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

What a Homecoming!!!!

Post by LuLu33 »

Wahoo Yippee wahoo I'm so glad Colonel is home and everyone is safe and sound and I love the pictures. Your Chowboy is so so happy! He does seem to be a Daddy's boy, happens to the best of us... :roll: :lol: LOL!

I'm so happy for all of you. \:D/ :-oo %%- :inlove: [:D] Just dancing and singing with Joy!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

wonderful pictures thanks so much for sharing your story. And Jan thank you!!!

david
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Jan,

we are in Beachwood, on Fairmount. I presume that you are Bratenhal Place, being the highrise.

I still cannot fathom for the life of me how the Colonel was wandering around your neck of the woods, unless he got dumped around the lake area and made his way up to you.
However, Alan said he was in such beautiful shape and looks like he was not neglected in any way. Was he like that when you found him?

My 2 Chows came from the Cleveland pound on Wiley Ave....and we thought that they were so great, but the Cuyahoga Animal Shelter was really great too. So nice to know that we have such wonderful places to take care of the many stray and unwanted animals in Cleveland.

Thank goodness you were able to stop the guard...and thank goodness you are you and saved The Colonels life.

Sharon and Alan
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Okay I was not going to post again, because I have not been keeping up. But I cannot help it. Sorry if the topic has moved but... I love the giving daddy a kiss picture it is so sweet. I also love the water pics. I love water so any picture with water and chows is fine by me.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
emmapeel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emmapeel »

Sharon: Hi - this is Jan - The Colonel's Godmother! I'm in Bratenahl Place; how do you know it?
Yes, his coat looked good to me when I first saw him. He was so happy to see Olivia that I couldn't believe he was there. I can't imagine how he found his way onto our grounds, but he evidently felt very comfortable there. He would have to have walked down our roadway from Lakeshore Blvd. Olivia thought the Colonel was a very fine gentleman. He had an indentation around his neck from a collar and his eyes were in bad shape. Another guard who used to work here said that he'd seen him around for 2-3 weeks and thought that was a homeless dog. I can't say whether or not this is true, but no one else had seen him. Being that he likes other dogs, he would have been on our property before that day because we have a lot of dogs here. I just don't know where he came from. Another story emerged that someone on another street was feeding a Chow that was old. Same dog? Who knows. But I think it's great that you picked him up and drove him to - Columbus? - that was so very nice of you. He's such a good boy. God bless you for your very important role in The Colonel's new life! :D
emmapeel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by emmapeel »

Chowfrnd88 and Victory: Thanks for your warm and welcoming words. I'll continue to keep up with The Colonel - I feel very connected with him. He taught me something I didn't know about Chow's - that they are friendly and lovable. I just thought of him as a big lovable teddybear and Olivia thought he was a wonderful and fun friend.
Jan and Olivia
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

baaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa!!! omg omg!! at last. he looks like he belongs there. what a face. i went to my moms today, and my dads pc is not workin. i was jonesin all day. i couldnt wait to get home and here about the arival. deep down, i knew everything would be great.
that post about him peeing on madi was too funny. ok ,so im behind. im gonna go catch the other post you put up.
jan, you are one in a million. one of lifes blessings.
lots of luck enjoy the colonel, it was meant to be.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image