OPERATION...."SWEET HOME ALABAMA"

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

It is so good that he is home. This whole thread just makes me smile and so happy. Here's to a long and wonderful life Colonel with you new mom and dad and little sisters!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

I have been with you every step of the way....great chow team: Alan, Sharon (I am Sharon too), Godmother Jan, and Mark and Sherrill. What a truly giving and loving group of people. I think this is the best of all worlds....your blessings are stacking up!

it's hard sometimes to wait for fate or God or whatever you call it in your culture -- hard to wait for that element to deliver to you what your heart and soul are crying out for. But, when you do wait, you are rewarded tenfold.

I can't wait to hear wonderful stories of the Colonel assimilating to his new home.

You all have my admiration and respect. Well done!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

THE JOURNEY HAS ENDED...
Thanks to everyone...Jan, who got the ball rolling, Sharon who called the plays, Alan, who took the ball and ran with it, daughter, Ashley who was the water girl (lol), Mark who scored the touch down!!! And of course, thank you to the all important fans.....all of our chow friends/admim of this forum!
The rescue of The Colonel has been a well organized and cohesive effort of all.
If not for this forum, rescues like this would not be possible. Chow hugs and kisses to everyone.

While the journey has ended, the new chow story begins, but I'll take those stories to a new post. This seems like a perfect place to do that.
Thanks again to all!!!

Mark, Sherill, Molly, Princess Buttercup, and THE COLONEL!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: OPERATION...."SWEET HOME ALABAMA"

Post by bama »

It all began when you guys here at cc.org helped me release my fears enough to adopt a new chow kid. I was so down trodden from the loss of my last chowkid, I said I would never get another. It was you guys, who held my hand and gave me the courage to jump in there and adopt another chowkid.

This is only part of the story that Jan submitted to Animal Planet. There's more to the story that includes Jan an Olivia's participation.
Sharon and Alan, and all of you cheering on the sidelines!!
And how about the folks at the shelter, who thought I was crazy to want a particular chow so badly that I would have him transported
across several states! Colonel is our soul mate chow!
If you haven't read the story, please do so, you will cry,,you will cheer, you will laugh! But, Colonel made it!
And wanted to go straight to Sonic Drive in and order a corn dog all by himself! I've got to get him back into the nursing home, along with his sister, Princess Buttercup.
The story is not so much about Colonel, but more of how Colonel brought all of us together as a team, trying to save one of our own.
And, how all of you guys supported,through my fears, telling me I could do it! And, offering yourselves to do whatever you could to get him here.
The story is about you all at cc.org! After his very ruff start here, addressing his need for surgery, he has come to be the most wonderful
chowkid I have ever had. And he is my fourth. My 3 others have long been chow angels.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

what a wonderful story, I remember it back when it happened, Animal planet would be nuts to let such a great story slip by

David
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

when it all happened??? Wasn't it like last week. It was quite a story. Of course so many stories on here this board should be its own t.v. show if you ask me. I hope they pick up your story. Keep us posted!!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!